Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5746 5747 [5748] 5749 5750 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470421 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86205 on: January 03, 2015, 06:28:24 am »

i don't even use sjw but somebody coming up here and saying something that isn't a slur is a terrible slur to be directly equated with shit the kkk spouted will cause nothing but make me want to use sjw more often

it cannot be helped

And then you step back from your monitor and remember that nobody said that. Chill out, re-read, have a think.

you tryin' to gaslight me on the internet m8

have you no shame

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #86206 on: January 03, 2015, 06:30:19 am »

Listen guys can we not the skeleton?

Is it really so hard to stop typing 3 goddamn letters that bothers someone on this forum

that you have to fucking argue about it?
thank mr. skeltal

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86207 on: January 03, 2015, 06:35:59 am »

I could post about my uncertain emotional state at present to divert the topic.

What's got our resident horror down?
Rather mundane shit, to be honest. I've been infatuated with a certain girl for about 2-3 years now. There's a whole bunch of stuff in between when I first met her and now, but short version we never really went beyond friends because due to my then-present home situation I was a shy sunovabitch with no real self esteem and I didn't know how to talk to people about romantic stuff, still don't. Haven't talked with her since after I finished high school, but the attraction never really faded, even if I periodically forgot about it for a week or two before I'd see her somewhere or a picture of her on Facebook or whatever and it'd resurface. Funnily enough it helped me talk to other girls since I felt no attraction toward them. It's been in that same situation for several months now, hence my repeated posts being pissed about dopamine. Today I found out I wasn't scheduled for work like I thought I was, so I was gonna go home, but instead of doing that, and knowing that there was no point to doing this, instead of getting on the bus and going home I went and walked by her house for no real reason, since she lives close by my work - I believe, anyway. She may have moved out in the meantime. I then walked back to the bus and went home, having made a ~2 km round trip for no real reason at all. So this is gonna probably just persist until I do something about it, as the problem exists entirely inside my own mind. But I haven't the slightest idea or pretext on which to contact her, so I can't really do anything but stew in this goddamn attraction that won't go away.
Fuckin brains.
Shit, this ended up a huge blurb again. Dang.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86208 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:49 am »

Add her on facebook.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86209 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:27 am »

Oh, that got done during the first few talks online I had with her. Used to talk with her for hours, at least online. I wasn't quite as confident or articulate RL.
Sig! Onol

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86210 on: January 03, 2015, 06:47:05 am »

I can think of a pretty good pretext.

"I've been crushing on you pretty hard for the last couple of years."

Something to do with dates thereafter.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86211 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:57 am »

True. It'd probably work too, if I went about it right. I just need to get over my fear of approaching people.
Heh, like that's gonna happen.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86212 on: January 03, 2015, 07:28:01 am »

True. It'd probably work too, if I went about it right. I just need to get over my fear of approaching people.
Heh, like that's gonna happen.
Yes it is. :P
Fears can be overcome. They are not permanent.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86213 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:08 am »

True. I've actually made a lot of progress in going outside and talking with people and stuff, but based on the rate at which my inhibitions about going up to people and starting conversations have been fading it'll still be several years before they're completely gone and this obsession isn't going away in the meantime.
If only I actually regularly contacted anyone in her social circle I could maybe subtly get details about what she does so I could 'accidentally' run into her at some point but I don't, since being reclusive has downsides.

My apologies for clogging the thread up with this, but it's by far the most prevalent and persistent thought-loop that endlessly circles around in my mind, allowing me little peace.
Sig! Onol

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86214 on: January 03, 2015, 08:06:45 am »

You're not clogging the thread. This is what the thread is for!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86215 on: January 03, 2015, 08:08:38 am »

this

be happy that someone gives a fuck m8

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86216 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:25 am »

It's somewhat of a habit to apologize for nearly everything I do. Should probably work on that.

this

Oh, I do. I regularly rant inside my own head, but it's better when it isn't an echo chamber.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86217 on: January 03, 2015, 08:14:10 am »

It's somewhat of a habit to apologize for nearly everything I do. Should probably work on that.
That's like what I do. :P
And people are ok with it.

this

Oh, I do. I regularly rant inside my own head, but it's better when it isn't an echo chamber.
Maybe this'll help. O-o (This is a link. Click me :D)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86218 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:12 am »

Huh. That's somewhat similar to what I've been recommended to do by people who know this sort of thing. Thanks, Tir.
Sig! Onol

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86219 on: January 03, 2015, 10:40:00 am »

Rather mundane shit, to be honest. I've been infatuated with a certain girl for about 2-3 years now. There's a whole bunch of stuff in between when I first met her and now, but short version we never really went beyond friends because due to my then-present home situation I was a shy sunovabitch with no real self esteem and I didn't know how to talk to people about romantic stuff, still don't. Haven't talked with her since after I finished high school, but the attraction never really faded, even if I periodically forgot about it for a week or two before I'd see her somewhere or a picture of her on Facebook or whatever and it'd resurface. Funnily enough it helped me talk to other girls since I felt no attraction toward them. It's been in that same situation for several months now, hence my repeated posts being pissed about dopamine. Today I found out I wasn't scheduled for work like I thought I was, so I was gonna go home, but instead of doing that, and knowing that there was no point to doing this, instead of getting on the bus and going home I went and walked by her house for no real reason, since she lives close by my work - I believe, anyway. She may have moved out in the meantime. I then walked back to the bus and went home, having made a ~2 km round trip for no real reason at all. So this is gonna probably just persist until I do something about it, as the problem exists entirely inside my own mind. But I haven't the slightest idea or pretext on which to contact her, so I can't really do anything but stew in this goddamn attraction that won't go away.
Fuckin brains.
Shit, this ended up a huge blurb again. Dang.
Are you me? Sounds like me. Apart from some small details. Hello me. You're cool. You can do the thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5746 5747 [5748] 5749 5750 ... 8167