Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5671 5672 [5673] 5674 5675 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410814 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85080 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

Well, apparently my dad signed me up to shovel snow at the community hall near my house after he asked me if I wanted to do it and I said no I didn't.
So now I have to spend the entire winter shoveling snow off of a gigantic sidewalk, as well as the three houses worth that our house has... For $5 an hour because he wants to pay my siblings as well even though I'm doing all the work.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85081 on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

I think I'm sick. Or just messed up because I haven't had my anxiety medication in a few days.
Dude, you need to take your medication regularly. Especially medication for mental stuff - they take some time to give effects, so skimping is especially bad with them. I once ran out of Lithium towards the end of a vacation - it was only half a week before I could get another prescription, but I already noted mania coming back up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85082 on: December 03, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »

I think I'm sick. Or just messed up because I haven't had my anxiety medication in a few days.
Dude, you need to take your medication regularly. Especially medication for mental stuff - they take some time to give effects, so skimping is especially bad with them. I once ran out of Lithium towards the end of a vacation - it was only half a week before I could get another prescription, but I already noted mania coming back up.

I've run out, and haven't been able to visit my doctor.

It's for anxiety, but I've been taking them for a few months now with no improvement.

E: Not trying to downplay it or anything. It's just that there is nothing I will be able to do about it for an indeterminate amount of time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:08:28 pm by BlackFlyme »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85083 on: December 03, 2014, 08:21:31 pm »

Well, apparently my dad signed me up to shovel snow at the community hall near my house after he asked me if I wanted to do it and I said no I didn't.
So now I have to spend the entire winter shoveling snow off of a gigantic sidewalk, as well as the three houses worth that our house has... For $5 an hour because he wants to pay my siblings as well even though I'm doing all the work.
Just refuse to do it.

Fuck that shit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85084 on: December 04, 2014, 01:20:40 am »

Didn't do any homework today even though I probably should have and now I feel guilty and I'm a terrible failure who doesn't do things and uuuuuuuuugh my emotions.

Now it's too late to do anything productive but I can't go to sleep because of the guilt and the dread for tomorrow and uuuuuuuuuughuguhuugu. Guilt is possibly the worst emotion ever. wish I could just stop feeling guilty on demand.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85085 on: December 04, 2014, 01:49:11 am »

Well, if you can't ignore the guilt see if you can channel it. Tomorrow (or whenever) when you're browsing Imgur or playing ADOM or whatever when you have homework, remind yourself how bad you'll feel if you don't do it, and how good you'll feel if you do. Guilt can be a hella strong motivater; I added thirty percent to my maths mark once after nearly failing a test.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85086 on: December 04, 2014, 02:40:41 am »

The sun hasn't gotten through the even grey layer of clouds since Monday, so the temperature has been dropping by a degree each day. Aka it's really fucking cold right now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85087 on: December 04, 2014, 03:09:26 am »

I'm feeling pretty guilty right now. So much stuff to get done, so little motivation. I think I need to call on support from those around me, except I don't know if they have the motivation to put the extra effort into motivating me, either. Maybe we can mutually motivate each other.

Gah, when I need the internet to do my work and it's more than halfway through the quarter. My normal response to distraction is turning it off completely, but that's not an option.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85088 on: December 04, 2014, 07:31:09 am »

The sun hasn't gotten through the even grey layer of clouds since Monday, so the temperature has been dropping by a degree each day. Aka it's really fucking cold right now.
Checking the weather for your area (assuming profile is correct), it could be much worse. It's -8 here and this is considered warm at this point.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #85089 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:33 am »

Haven't updated my forum game in a while... >. < so much apathy

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85090 on: December 04, 2014, 09:22:44 am »

So unbelievably ready to be done with retail that I've started applying for other jobs. Boss has started cussing me out via text. I'm done. Can't wait to get the hell out of the toxic retail environment.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #85091 on: December 04, 2014, 09:33:05 am »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:09:53 am by penguinofhonor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85092 on: December 04, 2014, 10:44:11 am »

That's not helping, but it isn't the main issue. I'm extremely disgruntled for a lot of reasons: my boss has dumped as much of his work on me as possible (including work that corporate says I'm explicitly not to do,) district and regional management have never done anything but manage and are completely clueless (think pointy haired boss,) upper management is so incompetent that we're cutting our own throats to make a profit, corporate gives approximately zero fucks about anything at store level, and there is essentially zero chance for improving my position in any meaningful way. On top of that, retail is dying, and seeing it firsthand is frustrating. Profit margins are shrinking, and that means more work and less pay for everyone but the shareholders.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85093 on: December 04, 2014, 11:34:02 am »

Trying to write a lab report for Physics, which I should hand in tomorrow (technically, it's due Monday, but it would take a pointless roundabout trip to hand it in).

I have no idea what am I supposed to write in there, the equations I'm given don't match the ones theoretical materials mention and that's probably because WE DIDN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING IN AN ALLEGED 'LAB'. We sat around for 2.5 hours being questioned about theory, then in LITERALLY the last five minutes the professor basically went 'yup, that's the machine that does it, here's your results (which, bafflingly, he acquired using a MS-motherfucking-DOS program. In 2014. In one of the country's leading universities), the lab report is due in two weeks'.

TL;DR
Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85094 on: December 04, 2014, 11:47:23 am »

Ask him tomorrow/today what you need to know and create the report in the weekend after all?

I've found the professors who suck at teaching class are often great at explaining things one-on-one. They can go from incomprehensible to enlightening :P
Pages: 1 ... 5671 5672 [5673] 5674 5675 ... 8166