Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5669 5670 [5671] 5672 5673 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410461 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85050 on: December 02, 2014, 06:37:23 pm »

Hmm, thank's for saving me the trouble of digging up that cracked article to warn about the possible dangers of whistle blowing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #85051 on: December 02, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »

Shiiit I gotta draw something.

Or rather I would be disappointed in myself were I not to do so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85052 on: December 02, 2014, 08:13:07 pm »

Whistleblowers usually get screwed one way or another.  http://www.cracked.com/article_21043_5-terrible-things-i-learned-as-corporate-whistleblower.html
I'd rather still not give up Tru :< Despite the overwhelming amount of jerkswithmoney who can spend it and waste it because of their badly developed attitudes.
A funny thought just came up--if the # of people who told the truth spread because of those who actively did it (and the note of fear in doing so acts as a barrier to do it), then it'll spread across many professions of various degrees. Ideally, that's the case. Realistically, it seems held back by fear and many, many factors ._.

But corruption can be solved--make more people aware, and in numbers you shall see strength (I'm merely talking out of personal experience: the Philippines is...full of corruption that it blurrs the media and the news, but there are many people who see the truth, and are disgusted by its perversion; the people in the forefront of politics are taking much note there, and are working to change it. Slowly...but surely.)
It's like dealing with bad notes in culture--those in social positions of power would hearken, generally, towards what the masses are leaning towards. Sure, it'd suck in the current time, but history sides on the level of truth: it'll be remembered for years far past your lifetime what you did. Despite the utter carp you would face, if your deed is for good, it'll be a rallying point of 'this is what should be and it can exist'.
...And here I am remembering Ninoy Aquino.

Edit: Wording is messy yet again >.< I was remembering many similar cases and only mentioned one--though not necessarily of corporate similarity to the context. mmph.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:26:10 pm by Tiruin »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #85053 on: December 02, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »

I think its with what you append to failure. Acknowledge that fear and approach it with a close buddy to test it out--let the buddy rate you, then ask them what they think could be improved upon :O Fear of rejection has its causes--if those causes aren't able to resolved, it would be best to counter what's occurring :P
Ask a friend as in, ask them how would they react--extend the 'hypothetical question' to your family and such. You've been wondering about it here, obviously. (PS: Do recall; those bullies aren't with you in the moment--aye, the memories = D: BUT, their kind of conditioning depends on adherence or attachment of ideas to events: know that there are factors in play with those events [the little details]. There, they concern attitude: this is why I say ask a friend--everyone has uniquely different personalities and attitudes when approaching a situation, though with many similarities {ie Bullies often have been troubled themselves in the past, and/or are...generally very immature.}
This is a really good idea, and i really wish it wasn't extremely difficult for me to get something like that going. I have difficulty initiating chats with my friends regardless of the subject at hand, especially if it involves asking something of them (the rules being somewhat different for my closest relatives, in that i know i can do regular talking with them without fear*). I am aware that this casts me in a different light from an outside perspective; i have been affectionately described as "doesn't need others" before. This is not the case. Although i am somewhat introverted and like my alone time, i do need others every bit as much as the next guy, i'm just too scared to ask most of the time, even if helping out is the actual job of the person i'm seeking to ask.

In other words, this deeply ingrained fear of rejection is my internal Balrog, and my internal Gandalf is in no condition to deny him passage. Although with the recent event of me realizing that this fear of rejection is behind almost everything, i might be able to heal up my Gandalf soon. I hope. Maybe then i can begin feeling like i'm in control of myself.

* This has been established BEFORE the bullying began, and ideally i'd want to be able to talk to anyone (or at least my friends) with a similarly casual attitude. I'm getting better at this due to very frequent exposure to new people who have no interest in harming me, but i still feel... Limited by inside factors. I'm scared of raising my voice, for example, even though my thoughts and writing can be LOUD AND BOMBASTIC.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85054 on: December 02, 2014, 08:54:00 pm »

I've been wanting to start my own professional-ish Youtube channel for months now. I wanted to do let's-plays, maybe a few serious analysis and review videos once in a while. I'd have an intro and a little theme tune and everything.

So now that I own a microphone, and I've found useable software for every step, and I'm old enough to buy advertising and receive payment, and there's an entire world of videos I can be making, I find that I have no time or energy to devote to a monetized Youtube channel. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85055 on: December 02, 2014, 09:04:58 pm »

We have a youtube channel thingie...
By we I mean a bunch of people here who have youtubes...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85056 on: December 02, 2014, 09:10:22 pm »

Like a network?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85057 on: December 02, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »

Not really. More like one channel that points out the others when they do something DF related.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85058 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:01 pm »

You know who makes lovely DF videos? Or rather did, I dunno if he's making more anytime soon...

Jefmajor. Love his work.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85059 on: December 03, 2014, 12:19:26 am »

FFF-

In the last stages of scheduling the final defense of my thesis, I've hit that pit where I'm constantly obsessing over all the problems with my writing, how my premise is shitty and vague, and how my execution is flawed and meandering. Gorram fucking academic stress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #85060 on: December 03, 2014, 12:27:28 am »

*goes on a sudden Megaman binge*

*cries over the state of the franchise*

*cries over how Mighty Number 9 is looking worse and worse every time I hear about how its going*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85061 on: December 03, 2014, 01:00:50 am »

Ugh. Was too tired to do homework. Or work on hobbies. Or do anything productive today.

Didn't go to sleep early or anything though. Nope. Wasted time on bullcrap. Sleep is totally not necessary to stop being tired, right.

I'm stupid.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85062 on: December 03, 2014, 01:04:31 am »

FFF-

In the last stages of scheduling the final defense of my thesis, I've hit that pit where I'm constantly obsessing over all the problems with my writing, how my premise is shitty and vague, and how my execution is flawed and meandering. Gorram fucking academic stress.
Ah, academic writing. We have a love-hate relationship. Currently hate.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85063 on: December 03, 2014, 03:47:35 am »

Headache. x_x
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85064 on: December 03, 2014, 07:08:53 am »

No roomcarnage update... :(
Pages: 1 ... 5669 5670 [5671] 5672 5673 ... 8166