Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5666 5667 [5668] 5669 5670 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411120 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85005 on: November 30, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »

The fact of the matter remains that when you live in Glorious Murica, it all comes back to race.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85006 on: November 30, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

It does! And that's disturbing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85007 on: December 01, 2014, 12:56:00 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:39:31 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85008 on: December 01, 2014, 12:57:59 am »

Maybe it's telling you something. Do some pushups and feel better?

Drop and give me 20, soldier?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85009 on: December 01, 2014, 12:59:08 am »

I don't know what I want to do with my life. I feel like I'm fucking myself and it's making me depressed. A couple years ago it looked like I had some kind of glorious future or whatever, but at this point I feel like a dumbass who can't get her act together. I don't have any motivation for anything, other than that "it's on the to-do list, so I've gotta do it."

Look at me. Up, down. Up, down. My mood is doing pushups.
Set long-term life goal and act towards it? :O Not let the busy-ness of work become your only goal to fulfill?
*hugs*
 :-\

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85010 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:57 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:39:23 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85011 on: December 01, 2014, 01:10:04 am »

Long term life goals are arbitrary? o_O
(my wording is messy these days ._.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85012 on: December 01, 2014, 01:15:16 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:39:14 am by Vector »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85013 on: December 01, 2014, 01:27:44 am »

Well, if you need ideas on what to do with yourself, I have an RPG that desperately needs to be turned into a video game...

:P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85014 on: December 01, 2014, 01:32:21 am »

Focus on the root of your depression and either move away from it or get support from friends to build resilience towards it? :<

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85015 on: December 01, 2014, 02:48:50 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:39:03 am by Vector »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85016 on: December 01, 2014, 04:27:15 am »

I feel like I'm fucking myself and it's making me depressed.
In a funny aside, masturbation has been shown to be able to fight depression.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85017 on: December 01, 2014, 04:50:44 am »

Honestly, I spent 2 hours cleaning the house and I felt a lot better. I guess I've learned something new about myself.
Isn't that a known short-term remedy for depression? Definitely for breakups. Cleaning helps - it's a physical activity, and you have an easy-to-see result. In the long run MZ's approach may be easier.

I guess you rule out medication? It doesn't seem like what you have can't be treated another way...
Could you start working in a slightly different field? My mood always lightens up tremendously when learning stuff from a new field of mathematics. Go do some topology, or discrete mathematics~
Or formal logic, if you're feeling suicidal and need something to push you over the edge :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85018 on: December 01, 2014, 04:53:51 am »

In the long run MZ's approach may be easier.
My personal approach is usually sulk a little bit at a time to get it out of my system, while focusing on a task to keep me busy, to prevent me from blowing up on someone. It doesn't make me a pleasant person to be around, but I haven't hit anyone in a long, long time.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85019 on: December 01, 2014, 10:34:50 am »

For what it's worth, I can relate Vector.

One of the ways I've found it gets to you is the expectations we were given don't pan out in reality. We were supposed to be having this great future and people not only don't seem to give a shit but often actively are just mean.

One of the only ways I've found that helps is to pick a goal, imagine being great at it and figure it out to beome great at it. It's far from perfect and works best/on hobbies, but it's something.

I find the motivation issue is a problem with that god aweful question, "why?" combined with past disappointment. The haters have misused the hell out of the question "Why?" It used to propell humanity foreward. Now it destroys motivation and motion, becuase they've made everything "lame." People also get upset with me for moving and talking fast, and I think it is because it makes them look bad (doesn't matter if I'm helping them or not). They expect this behavoir of a stupid detached 90s movie shithead who is too good to give a fuk about anything. They destroy everything with, "so what?" Reently it has been at this point where I get atively mean as all hell because that motivation killing she is them trying to drag me down to their level.

Be excited about something, no matter what it is. A TV show, a game, drawing, whatever, and do it. It is so fucking hard and I know it. You are a great person.....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 5666 5667 [5668] 5669 5670 ... 8166