Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5665 5666 [5667] 5668 5669 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411108 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84990 on: November 30, 2014, 02:50:19 am »

There's probably at least one dumb-ass conservative who's photoshopped him with long hair as a dig. Probably an afro with a bone in it, the racist pricks. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84991 on: November 30, 2014, 02:51:58 am »

More like Fabio hair~

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84992 on: November 30, 2014, 03:01:07 am »

There's probably at least one dumb-ass conservative who's photoshopped him with long hair as a dig. Probably an afro with a bone in it, the racist pricks. >_>
I remember there being a photo of Obama in which he stares at a banana that was posted by a Russian MP. To be fair, it caused a huge resonance, and Irina herself was most likely making a tasteless joke and not being racist, but still.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84993 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:15 am »

Something happened Friday and now I feel like all of my confidence is gone...
Things were just starting to look up.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84994 on: November 30, 2014, 05:19:13 am »

Something happened Friday and now I feel like all of my confidence is gone...
Things were just starting to look up.
Keep at it lad! Press forth! Take courage in lieu of lacking confidence! Perseverance through fear it be!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84995 on: November 30, 2014, 05:38:40 am »

Perseverance through fear it be!

That gives me weird, goosesteppy, square-moustachey vibes, as far as slogans go.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84996 on: November 30, 2014, 06:01:01 am »

Perseverance through fear it be!

That gives me weird, goosesteppy, square-moustachey vibes, as far as slogans go.
I'm too affected by scottish or ol' british manners of conversation or literature @_@
ahhhh.

Though reading such is quite fun and stimulating :D The exhilaration of a good read. History: yay!

Sad: Bad net. Ghh. Especially during finals and most works require internet -_-
Why, back in the day, we used books! . . . >_>

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84997 on: November 30, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »

This made me sad today. You're smarter than this, descan, and yet you resort to this ignorant stereotyping of conservatives. This is ridiculous, and depressing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84998 on: November 30, 2014, 03:33:15 pm »

This made me sad today. You're smarter than this, descan, and yet you resort to this ignorant stereotyping of conservatives. This is ridiculous, and depressing.

That would be stereotyping if he assumed that any random conservative person is going to do that. In general? I'm almost certain there is an asshat who did or would do just that - just have a look at the internet.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84999 on: November 30, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »

There is no good reason to assume the asshat responsible is a conservative, though. That's just operating on stereotypes of "conservative" behavior.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85000 on: November 30, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »

There is no good reason to assume the asshat responsible is a conservative, though. That's just operating on stereotypes of "conservative" behavior.

Seeing as US political culture amounts to 'with us or against us', and I find it SOMEWHAT UNLIKELY that his *supporter* would do such a thing, it's pretty much a given.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85001 on: November 30, 2014, 03:51:50 pm »

Eh, it was implied, not explicit, that I meant "dumb-ass conservative" as a sub-type, not a generalization of all conservatives.

And I assumed conservative, because I can't exactly imagine a liberal or centrist or moderate conservative making a racist caricature of their president.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85002 on: November 30, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »

Eh, it was implied, not explicit, that I meant "dumb-ass conservative" as a sub-type, not a generalization of all conservatives.

And I assumed conservative, because I can't exactly imagine a liberal or centrist or moderate conservative making a racist caricature of their president.
...weren't there caricatures of Bush that portrayed him as "white trash"? Maybe not exactly racist, but...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #85003 on: November 30, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

Perhaps he meant "current president"?
Take a closer look at this text!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85004 on: November 30, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »

>_> Yeah.

Also, calling Bush white trash is more classism than racism.
Pages: 1 ... 5665 5666 [5667] 5668 5669 ... 8166