Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5618 5619 [5620] 5621 5622 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435722 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84285 on: November 11, 2014, 08:25:50 pm »

greak i got a 40% on my math mid-term

suck an egg you

haha yeah

shitty at math high five

*akward high five*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84286 on: November 11, 2014, 08:49:42 pm »

I watched the first and second seasons of MLP.

Everyone was pretty cool with it- Except for an ex who continues to hound me about it.

Seriously though how would PP deal with a cancer death?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #84287 on: November 11, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

I'm still at a loss as to how that show gained its periphery demographic.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84288 on: November 11, 2014, 08:51:17 pm »

I watched the first episode of MLP. I wasn't interested enough in it to watch any further.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84289 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:54 pm »

I'm still at a loss as to how that show gained its periphery demographic.
Lauren Faust said she wanted to make quality kid's shows that the parents could watch and genuinely enjoy too. Like the Powerpuff Girls. So she went and made a show that wasn't obscenely childish and stereotypically girly and pink out of a franchise typically considered the postergirl for childishly girly things. And spoiler alert, people like good quality content.

Additionally stuff like good character design and character development, entertaining writing, great music, good animation, a setting that can allow creative world-building in fanfiction, etc. Good content. People liked it 'cause it was good.

I lost interest in the show myself during the fourth season, I think. It just lost the charm by then. Not saying it's not "good" now, I just didn't keep watching it and enjoying it like the first or second seasons.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84290 on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »

Lauren Faust said she wanted to make quality kid's shows that the parents could watch and genuinely enjoy too. Like the Powerpuff Girls.
Actually, from what I understand, that show was aimed at teenagers and parodied "magical girl" manga and anime.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84291 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:31 pm »

Lauren Faust said she wanted to make quality kid's shows that the parents could watch and genuinely enjoy too. Like the Powerpuff Girls.
Actually, from what I understand, that show was aimed at teenagers and parodied "magical girl" manga and anime.
I can see that, yeah. I was referring more to Powerpuff Girls in the sense that it's another example of a show that Faust worked on and was received well and got really popular, not that she made that specific show with that specific goal.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84292 on: November 11, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

I can see that, yeah. I was referring more to Powerpuff Girls in the sense that it's another example of a show that Faust worked on and was received well and got really popular, not that she made that specific show with that specific goal.
Ah, alright. You implied both shows were made with the same goal in mind.

Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about this rather volatile topic.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84293 on: November 11, 2014, 09:11:05 pm »

I watched the first episode of MLP. I wasn't interested enough in it to watch any further.
The first and second episodes are honestly shit. Watch "Party of One."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84294 on: November 11, 2014, 09:11:55 pm »

^predictable post is predictable :P

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84295 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:54 pm »

I dunno about the original PPG, but Powerpuff Girls Z definitely has that in mind.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84296 on: November 11, 2014, 09:20:16 pm »

My daughter enjoys the show, and I have to say, it's pretty clever. And anything that gets Dora off the TV is a good thing!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84297 on: November 11, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »

My daughter enjoys the show, and I have to say, it's pretty clever. And anything that gets Dora off the TV is a good thing!
No. 2000s-age Dora good. New-age Dora bad.

Spanish is love. Spanish is life.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #84298 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »

I honestly like the fanfiction surrounding MLP way more than MLP itself, considering there are fanfics out there where The political ramifications of a US marine from the future landing in Equestria are considered, or where Nightmare Moon wins and is quickly beat by Discord, who becomes a benevolent dictator, or even where The parliamentarian government of Equestria deals with crazy shit in an In the Thick of It style fanfiction.

That one JoJo video with Dora in it pretty much ruined Dora for me.

SWIPER NO SWIPING
ORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84299 on: November 11, 2014, 09:32:40 pm »

How old is your daughter? Dora seems like it'd be talking down to anyone above the age of 4 or 5.

I wish my nieces ( 9 and 8 ) watched MLP rather than all the disney channel "teenage sitcom for teenagers with teenage troubles" crap they subsist on. Imagine Hannah Montanna but slightly different. I could feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one by being passively in the same room as the show. And this was shows marketed at teens. Maybe pre-teens. Whatever, 'twas bad.
Pages: 1 ... 5618 5619 [5620] 5621 5622 ... 8167