Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4989 4990 [4991] 4992 4993 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448216 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74850 on: May 14, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »

Bah. Low 90s here. As Frumple said, this is merely hot.

I have yet to taste the heat. That's when I'll concede that it is perhaps *too* hot.

(What I mean by taste the heat -- there's a certain point, usually around 100+ Fahrenheit and very high humidity, where the act of breathing in carries with a strange metallic taste that hurts the teeth. It's like sugar and iron mixed together. I can only assume I'm somehow tasting my own blood....)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #74851 on: May 14, 2014, 09:41:40 pm »

I'm here to complain about the heat, too.
We're in that part of the world where it has been going from "there are icecubes in my undies" to "please stop pouring molten metal on me" in about a month.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74852 on: May 14, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »

You lucky bastards, living in places where it isn't so hot you can't go outside for ten minutes without getting sunburns.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74853 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:10 pm »

After the winter we had here, I'm gonna punch the first guy to complain about the heat.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74854 on: May 14, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »

I'm useless :x

As long as you're not a vegetable, you are useful. And you're most certainly capable of accomplishing a lot for yourself. Remember that erosion simulator? Not many people go through the effort of properly simulating erosion mechanics. And Chartered Waters. I still want to see updates for that! You make awesome stuff!
It's that I apparently have no drive to study to raise my falling GPA, and would much rather prefer programming or gaming over studying. :( Yesterday I put a rudimentary skill system into CW, then felt guilt and attempted to study but didn? T do anything. Uselessness to the max.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74855 on: May 14, 2014, 09:51:40 pm »

Hello! We appear to be on different sides of the world, Sooo...
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74856 on: May 14, 2014, 09:56:27 pm »

Bah. Low 90s here. As Frumple said, this is merely hot.

I have yet to taste the heat. That's when I'll concede that it is perhaps *too* hot.

(What I mean by taste the heat -- there's a certain point, usually around 100+ Fahrenheit and very high humidity, where the act of breathing in carries with a strange metallic taste that hurts the teeth. It's like sugar and iron mixed together. I can only assume I'm somehow tasting my own blood....)

Weather report promises me 107f, and 75% humidity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74857 on: May 14, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

It was 104 here today :D

fuck everything

I wish I were back in school.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74858 on: May 14, 2014, 09:59:04 pm »

As my significant other recently quipped, "Ah, spring was on a Tuesday this year."  :P

North Carolina Seasons:

Winter (typically cold and rainy but not enough to snow)
Spring (a month of pleasant temperatures and low humidity which is countered by the fact that the air is saturated with tree sperm)
First Summer (90s in early May, starting to get a bit sticky)
Second Summer (things would burst into flame if not saturated with moisture around the clock -- can be over 90 degrees at midnight)
Third Summer (When the rest of the country is thinking of orange leaves and sweaters and football....it's still fucking 90 degrees and humid)
Fall (a month of plunging temperatures before Cold Piss Winter).

@Japa: Yeah, that's why it still shocks me that India has a population over a billion. How the fuck do you not have mass die-offs every summer?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74859 on: May 14, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »

I'm useless :x

As long as you're not a vegetable, you are useful. And you're most certainly capable of accomplishing a lot for yourself. Remember that erosion simulator? Not many people go through the effort of properly simulating erosion mechanics. And Chartered Waters. I still want to see updates for that! You make awesome stuff!
It's that I apparently have no drive to study to raise my falling GPA, and would much rather prefer programming or gaming over studying. :( Yesterday I put a rudimentary skill system into CW, then felt guilt and attempted to study but didn? T do anything. Uselessness to the max.

I have trouble motivating myself, too. I don't think there's any real cure for that. But hey, as long as you enjoying programming, you can potentially turn that into a profession. That's never useless.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74860 on: May 14, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »

I know that feel. You just have different priorities. On the bright side, since you enjoy programming, it means you have better chances of getting some sort of decent paying job than another person with different priorities who, for example, spends all his time partying instead of studying. You can't get a job and make a living by partying...most people can't at least.

-----

Bleh. Feeling kind of tired of life in general. It's the same thing every day, with almost nothing particularly interesting, and almost everything being stressful. Helloooo, ennui.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74861 on: May 14, 2014, 10:07:43 pm »

Write programs that study for you. By the time you've got them working, you'll know the material inside and out.

Something along those lines, anyway. That's more or less how I've passed the last few math-intensive courses I went through. By the time I was done setting up spreadsheets capable of doing the homework for me, I could do it without them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #74862 on: May 14, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »

After the winter we had here, I'm gonna punch the first guy to complain about the heat.
I had a winter that dipped below 0 and was never short on snow, with a mayor fanatically devoted to sending children out into the snow, and I would prefer to live like that every single day for the rest of my life then deal with summer.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74863 on: May 14, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »

My bike seat literally melted, so calm down.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74864 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:44 pm »

It was like negative thirty Celsius out here, BEFORE wind chill. Add a lot of flat land, and you get frozen.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 4989 4990 [4991] 4992 4993 ... 8167