Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4214 4215 [4216] 4217 4218 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443034 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63225 on: June 27, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »

Heh, I'm not gonna stop, not yet anyways and probably not at all, just needed to get a bit of weight off my shoulders, I guess.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63226 on: June 27, 2013, 04:12:28 pm »

Getting kicked out of my apartment tomorrow. Quite short notice, and I still think they're overreacting. I never broke any part of my lease, and these are not satanic runes you've been finding, thank you...

* LordSlowpoke sighs.

The life of a modern wizard is suffering.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63227 on: June 27, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »

Getting kicked out of my apartment tomorrow. Quite short notice, and I still think they're overreacting. I never broke any part of my lease, and these are not satanic runes you've been finding, thank you...

* LordSlowpoke sighs.

Can we please have some context on this?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63228 on: June 27, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »

... yes, please, context :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:18:27 pm by Dutchling »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63229 on: June 27, 2013, 04:23:09 pm »

* LordSlowpoke sighs.

I'm not really sure how to put more context in here. Landlord came without any warning just as I were finished recalling a spirit, so he saw me meditating in front of a set of runes. In chalk. On his floor. I were meaning to clean that up, alright, but the fact there was a huge tome just chilling on a table near me and a piece of wizard-hat-to-be that in hindsight I should have expected to look like a KKK hood didn't help at all. Neither did the fact that in the common manTM's mind everything wizardlike is pure evil, so while I did explain what I were doing as good as I could, I probably were better off claiming I'm a satanist. I should be annoyed at him for barging in when I'm taking a day off from work just to pull this shit off, damnit, if he came in five minutes earlier I'd be distracted and the poor soul would be flying around or just stuck there or whatever, you gotta put them back, it's common courtesy. Not like it's not already doing you a favor by coming to see some random schmuck on the other plane. Or that's how I believe it works.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63230 on: June 27, 2013, 04:24:10 pm »

I've lost pretty much all will to study during this week, and this is supposed to be the crunch period. Mostly because I've put a lot of effort into a single subject that in the end is left up in the air because I did some rather stupid things and now I'm not sure if I'll pass. Worse yet I did the exam on Monday, and I can repeat it on Wendsday , but I'm not sure if I should study more for that or the other exams that are in the same week or later on.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63231 on: June 27, 2013, 04:28:39 pm »

* LordSlowpoke sighs.

I'm not really sure how to put more context in here. Landlord came without any warning just as I were finished recalling a spirit, so he saw me meditating in front of a set of runes. In chalk. On his floor. I were meaning to clean that up, alright, but the fact there was a huge tome just chilling on a table near me and a piece of wizard-hat-to-be that in hindsight I should have expected to look like a KKK hood didn't help at all. Neither did the fact that in the common manTM's mind everything wizardlike is pure evil, so while I did explain what I were doing as good as I could, I probably were better off claiming I'm a satanist. I should be annoyed at him for barging in when I'm taking a day off from work just to pull this shit off, damnit, if he came in five minutes earlier I'd be distracted and the poor soul would be flying around or just stuck there or whatever, you gotta put them back, it's common courtesy. Not like it's not already doing you a favor by coming to see some random schmuck on the other plane. Or that's how I believe it works.
Not entirely sure if you're serious here o.O, But unless you live in the US I doubt that's a valid reason to kick someone out of an apartment...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63232 on: June 27, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »

Landlord came without any warning

This is... not legal. He can't kick you out if this is true - they have to inform you of visits in advance. You really should push this, if it's true.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63233 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:25 pm »

Guy I met on the bus asked me for my phone number :3  Very first time that's happened to me~

... And then immediately said, after I'd typed it in: "If you write the wrong number, we'll all know you faked your way through your degree."

DIE YOU FUCKING PUA SCUMBAG.  I MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY GONE ON A DATE WITH YOU.  Now what you've earned is that I won't be picking my phone up when you call.  EVER.
Wow, I feel as though I just watched him slap you in the face. Slapping him in the face back would have been an appropriate response.

Hell, punching him in the face would have been an appropriate response.

True. Would risk him attempting to charge you with assault, but he definitely needs it.
Sad thing is, "he deserved it" doesn't hold up in court... :/
Was obviously a (lame) attempt at making joke. At worst all it deserves is ignoring him further on. It certainly does not merit physical violence as an answer.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63234 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »

Is it even legal to kick someone out of a apartment because of their religion so long as they are not bothering people?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63235 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »

Is it even legal to kick someone out of a apartment because of their religion so long as they are not bothering people?
AFAIK, it's technically intolerance.
Not just technically. It very much is intolerant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63236 on: June 27, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

Landlord came without any warning

This is... not legal. He can't kick you out if this is true - they have to inform you of visits in advance. You really should push this, if it's true.

It's a pretty shitty situation, and I would push it normally, but I already obliged myself to not asking why he decided to visit exactly then if he fails to tell anyone of anything he saw. I don't need anyone hearing of what I'm doing, well, other than you, but you're as trustworthy as it gets in these matters. :3

Dude!
LAY OFF THE DRUGS!

you'll never make memainly because there are no drugs involved. why do people assume drugs are involved? come on, you're better than this. i could draw up a pretty vivid description of my adventures on the soulplane if the one that came to me consented.

also to be intolerant you have to prove it's a religion which i'm not really capable of, it'd be a cult at best

WHO BROUGHT IN THE NINJAS
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:38:00 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63237 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »

AFAIK, the difference between a cult and a religion is that a cult is centred around a real person who is currently alive, and a religion is around a person who either doesn't exist or isn't currently alive. So chances are it's not a cult.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63238 on: June 27, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

AFAIK, the difference between a cult and a religion is that a cult is centred around a real person who is currently alive, and a religion is around a person who either doesn't exist or isn't currently alive. So chances are it's not a cult.
In ancient Greece for example, there were a lot of "cults of Dionysos", and I'm pretty sure he isn't actually a real person. I guess a cult is just a smaller version of a religion.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63239 on: June 27, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »

A thought cult needed either sex or suicide, preferable both?
Pages: 1 ... 4214 4215 [4216] 4217 4218 ... 8167