Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4212 4213 [4214] 4215 4216 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443170 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63195 on: June 26, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

This... kind of surprises me. Have you seriously never had someone ask for your number before? You seem like you'd be beating them off with a stick.

Yeah, one other guy asked me for my email but this is the first time I've really been asked for my phone number.  I'm not hit on so often, but that's because, like, 99% of the people I meet are in class or the dorms, and most people know better than dating there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63196 on: June 26, 2013, 08:18:59 pm »

A week ago I mentioned that I was feeling sick. Still feeling that way; got a very nasty cough that feels like my lungs are partially filled with something. I think I need to see a doctor just in case its pneumonia or bronchitis or something nasty like that D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63197 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:50 am »

Y'know, sometimes I feel like I am the only christian on earth who doesn't think that the USA is supposed to be a theocracy.

"God punishes us with wars because gays" oh come the hell on. I love America just as much as any other redneck down here but it wasn't conceived as a christian state. This isn't the Hebrew kingdom in the early times, and we aren't being led by mighty men and kings. America is a multi-cultural oasis, which means that Christianity isn't going to take top priority.

I think I know at least one other person who thinks "Yeah, I don't ethically agree with gay marriage/them muslims/what have you, but I don't have any say in their lives, and politically there is nothing wrong with it."

Eh, helluva good thing to be sad about, I guess.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #63198 on: June 27, 2013, 02:43:48 am »

I'm in the same boat as you, ggamer. I avoid sharing my opinions about a lot of things around some of my friends and family because folks can be pretty opinionated about a lot of things.

I honestly love the variety America has. It's really opened up my mind and made me question some of my preconceptions, which has, ultimately, turned me into a better person. Even when I don't change what I believe, having that variety opens up my mind to other possibilities and helps me be accepting of others. I'm certainly not a perfect example, but we could really use a lot more of that in the world.

"Yeah, I don't ethically agree with gay marriage/them muslims/what have you, but I don't have any say in their lives, and politically there is nothing wrong with it."

I've been looking for a politically correct way to say that for a long time. Mind if I steal that?

In other news, people posting about getting paychecks makes me sad. Someone hire me already!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63199 on: June 27, 2013, 04:01:56 am »

I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63200 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:37 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63201 on: June 27, 2013, 04:47:58 am »

Couldn't have the guy simply been making a joke? It sounds like a joke I might make in such a situation, and if I'm a pick-up artist then art is truly dead.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63202 on: June 27, 2013, 04:56:15 am »

Guy I met on the bus asked me for my phone number :3  Very first time that's happened to me~

... And then immediately said, after I'd typed it in: "If you write the wrong number, we'll all know you faked your way through your degree."

DIE YOU FUCKING PUA SCUMBAG.  I MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY GONE ON A DATE WITH YOU.  Now what you've earned is that I won't be picking my phone up when you call.  EVER.
Wow, I feel as though I just watched him slap you in the face. Slapping him in the face back would have been an appropriate response.

Hell, punching him in the face would have been an appropriate response.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63203 on: June 27, 2013, 05:01:11 am »

What he said doesn't even make - oh wait I get it.
The hell. That's not even funny. It's just demeaning. Why do that?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63204 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:26 am »

Guy I met on the bus asked me for my phone number :3  Very first time that's happened to me~

... And then immediately said, after I'd typed it in: "If you write the wrong number, we'll all know you faked your way through your degree."

DIE YOU FUCKING PUA SCUMBAG.  I MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY GONE ON A DATE WITH YOU.  Now what you've earned is that I won't be picking my phone up when you call.  EVER.
Wow, I feel as though I just watched him slap you in the face. Slapping him in the face back would have been an appropriate response.

True. Would risk him attempting to charge you with assault, but he definitely needs it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63205 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:13 am »

I'm sad because everyone in the DFC Steam chat is being a jerk and calling me a piece of shit for attempting suicide once...  :'(

EDIT: The exact quote was 5:52 AM - Emperor Kennedy II (Xeron): Suicide is an pathetic act ,worthy of disgust and hatred

True. Would risk him attempting to charge you with assault, but he definitely needs it.
Sad thing is, "he deserved it" doesn't hold up in court... :/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:10:59 am by AlleeCat »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63206 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:26 am »

"It was a crime of passion Judge, he was an absolute asshole".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63207 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40:49 am »

I'm sad because everyone in the DFC Steam chat is being a jerk and calling me a piece of shit for attempting suicide once...  :'(

EDIT: The exact quote was 5:52 AM - Emperor Kennedy II (Xeron): Suicide is an pathetic act ,worthy of disgust and hatred
What a jerk D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63208 on: June 27, 2013, 08:43:16 am »

He might have deserved an insult, but not a slap.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63209 on: June 27, 2013, 09:04:15 am »

That guy can go get fucked by a spool of rusty barbed wire, have his penis become necrotic, and then set upon by box jellyfish.

I believe heavily in individual rights, which includes the right to one's own life (and body) and the ability to decide when one no longer wants to live. 

And, seriously here, what fucking sense does it make to tell someone who is suicidal (given the likely mental/emotional state they're in) that suicide is cowardly/pathetic/deserving of hatred?  Does that really seem like a positive contribution to the situation?
Pages: 1 ... 4212 4213 [4214] 4215 4216 ... 8167