Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4213 4214 [4215] 4216 4217 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439847 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63210 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:54 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=3SOwK6L5-mk
That first part. I nearly cried.
The comments are horrible.
Those comments are fucking ridiculous. That video was the most legitimately sad thing I've ever seen and then I look in the comments and
Shoot on sight people, no one cares about niggers even African Americans hate niggers.
niggers don't even care about other niggers... what a worthless species
La riots were just an excuse for blacks to do what they do best.

The fuck is that horseshit?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63211 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:32 am »

I'm going to have to start sleeping at night once more because I've got to see my new optometrist this coming Tuesday. What's more is MediCal won't cover the cost of new glasses so I'm going to have to deal with these shitty ones that keep falling apart until I can afford the new ones. On the plus side I can now tighten screws with my fingernails after all that practice.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63212 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:30 am »

I'm sad because everyone in the DFC Steam chat is being a jerk and calling me a piece of shit for attempting suicide once...  :'(

EDIT: The exact quote was 5:52 AM - Emperor Kennedy II (Xeron): Suicide is an pathetic act ,worthy of disgust and hatred
That guy can go get fucked by a spool of rusty barbed wire, have his penis become necrotic, and then set upon by box jellyfish.

I believe heavily in individual rights, which includes the right to one's own life (and body) and the ability to decide when one no longer wants to live. 

And, seriously here, what fucking sense does it make to tell someone who is suicidal (given the likely mental/emotional state they're in) that suicide is cowardly/pathetic/deserving of hatred?  Does that really seem like a positive contribution to the situation?
I wholly agree with your statement and can think of nothing to add.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63213 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:04 pm »

I'm sad because everyone in the DFC Steam chat is being a jerk and calling me a piece of shit for attempting suicide once...  :'(

EDIT: The exact quote was 5:52 AM - Emperor Kennedy II (Xeron): Suicide is an pathetic act ,worthy of disgust and hatred

I don't know if it helps at all, but that comment was probably born of concern... an attempt to help, however misguided. Hating suicide means hating the act itself, or the idea thereof. It's not a judgement of you for having considered or attempted it.

Even though I've been there before, I hate suicide too. I hate death in general, and in most cases find it hard to justify... especially when it's avoidable. But I don't hate people for considering it, similarly to the way I don't hate murderers. Both acts are born from troubled minds, and from people who see no other way forward. All I have is sympathy for them, and a desire to help them heal.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63214 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47:25 pm »

Wait xeron said that? that little shit......

God i think the chat needs intervention on sensitivity, this is ridiculous levels of wrong and that shouldn't have happen, sorry about that...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:52:48 pm by Tellemurius »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63215 on: June 27, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »

I think I'm starting to have anxiety issues.  I haven't slept well the last couple days, then last night I remembered a dream or two and they were super frantic dreams about being unable to achieve things.  I haven't been able to shake off the anxiety from it.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63216 on: June 27, 2013, 01:01:05 pm »

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, Xeron is a hateful individual at times with 0 empathy. You're welcome back anytime, don't let it get to you fellah.

*Whether he meant to help or not(he probably did) it was still a shitty thing to say.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:03:00 pm by Grand Nagus »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63217 on: June 27, 2013, 01:11:24 pm »

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, Xeron is a hateful individual at times with 0 empathy. You're welcome back anytime, don't let it get to you fellah.

*Whether he meant to help or not(he probably did) it was still a shitty thing to say.

I don't think its that Xeron is hateful its just he has a bit of an anger problem that isn't helped by certain things in his life.

He deffo needs to cool it on certain attitudes he has though.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63218 on: June 27, 2013, 03:34:29 pm »

I'm beginning to think this Kickstarter thing may have been a serious mistake. I didn't realize just how draining the whole process would be, and the number of ways there were to do things wrong, and I spend all my time thinking about it and dealing with trolls and trying to explain things to people and worried about things coming off wrong.

And I'm, ultimately, not even going to be getting anything out of it - truth be told, I've already sunk several hundred dollars into, and it's getting to the point where I'm not even sure why, because it seems like no matter what I do I'm doing it all wrong. I never wanted to be "in charge" of the Cataclysm stuff, I never wanted the credit or my name being the go to name, but it felt like each step of the way it was something SOMEONE had to do, and no one else was stepping up, so if it was going to get done then hell, I'm going to have to be the one to step up and do it. And I know I'm not the only one doing that, that sort of the attitude is what's keeping the game going, but...

I just don't know if I'm actually doing the right thing, here.

Or I may just be really, really overtired. I can't even tell the difference anymore.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63219 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

snip
Did you, just now, discover that having a lot of responsibilities sucks?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63220 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »

No, I'm just mourning the fact that I remain attracted to it like a moth to the flame.

"Don't do it, it will make you miserable!" always loses out to "If you don't do it, it won't get done, so do it."

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #63221 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:57 pm »

I don't think anyone who likes Cataclysm and the group of people behind it is disappointed in the Kickstarter. It'll be nice to see the game get a bit of dedicated development time.

If anything, it'll give you some valuable experience you can bring into your professional life. "Successfully set up a donation program for a free game with no personal benefit" looks pretty good on any resume.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63222 on: June 27, 2013, 03:51:04 pm »

No, I'm just mourning the fact that I remain attracted to it like a moth to the flame.

"Don't do it, it will make you miserable!" always loses out to "If you don't do it, it won't get done, so do it."
Such is the curse of those who are compelled to do the right thing. 

For as little of a balm as it may be, I think you're doing a good job so far.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63223 on: June 27, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »

I swear I go through the same thing all the time D:  You aren't alone.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63224 on: June 27, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

GlyphGryph please don't stop, Your kickstarter is doing very successful for how long its been out and im sure you will find another person soon that would like to take over the programming. Forget the troll above all things, hell you have the guy's information file a class action against him, see how he takes that.
Pages: 1 ... 4213 4214 [4215] 4216 4217 ... 8167