Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4112 4113 [4114] 4115 4116 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452711 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61695 on: May 10, 2013, 01:11:39 am »

I hate to say it Salmon, but a cat just adopted you wife. Nothing you can do now but construct a magma trap under your garage.

On the plus side, you could double up and use the magma for a forge to lower your carbon footprint!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61696 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:07 am »

Ugh.  I feel horrible.  I may have just lost my friend because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Now I'm really down to two pals in my immediate area post-graduation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61697 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:25 am »

It's probably for the best that the cat has started to adopt you, despite the allergy problem. De-clawed cats might not scratch up the furniture, but if it gets into a tussle with a more hostile cat or a dog or something it'll be hard-pressed to defend itself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61698 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:09 am »

I hate to say it Salmon, but a cat just adopted you wife. Nothing you can do now but construct a magma trap under your garage.

On the plus side, you could double up and use the magma for a forge to lower your carbon footprint!

oh god I'm going to hell for this

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61699 on: May 10, 2013, 01:18:10 am »

It's probably for the best that the cat has started to adopt you, despite the allergy problem. De-clawed cats might not scratch up the furniture, but if it gets into a tussle with a more hostile cat or a dog or something it'll be hard-pressed to defend itself.

Yeah, I'm aware that de-clawed cats don't survive very well as strays.

I wonder how deep I'd have to dig into this embark to reach magma.  Hmm...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61700 on: May 10, 2013, 01:19:09 am »

Depends, what sort of layers are you currently in? If you are looking at anything sedimentary, a death drop might be easier.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61701 on: May 10, 2013, 01:21:23 am »

Well, it's too late to back out now. THE CAT HAS CLAIMED YOU AND YOU ARE ITS. SERVE YOUR 9HUNGRY, CUTE AND VULNERABLE) FELINE MASTER
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61702 on: May 10, 2013, 01:21:45 am »

My cat has that same intuition for people who represent's threat to his interests. He'll vomit on a family friend's shirt, but if someone comes to complain about any sort of cat pee he is the sweetest cat ever.

Death drop could be easier depending on surroundings. Any cliffs you could dig into?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61703 on: May 10, 2013, 01:22:10 am »

SalmonGod just needs to put a suspicious lever in his and his wife's bedroom, is all.

"Hey, honey...Pull the Lever."

"MRRRRRAAAAAOOWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...!"

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61704 on: May 10, 2013, 01:23:05 am »

I was adopted on Halloween by a stray kitten. She is now my little pet and annoys me endlessly. Very sweet though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61705 on: May 10, 2013, 01:25:08 am »

I have always wanted a cat, but there is this fear that because I would no doubt be affectionate towards it, it would be indifferent to me. That is how cats work, right? You pretty much need to be lucky for them to like you...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61706 on: May 10, 2013, 01:26:45 am »

I have always wanted a cat, but there is this fear that because I would no doubt be affectionate towards it, it would be indifferent to me. That is how cats work, right? You pretty much need to be lucky for them to like you...
You generally coexist with them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61707 on: May 10, 2013, 01:40:35 am »

You generally coexist with them.
You live in the same house as them, after some time that develops more. Soon you're their beloved servant.

Also, my cat didn't like me too much for the first year or so after he moved here. Now he actually is willing to come when I call out for him.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61708 on: May 10, 2013, 02:16:33 am »

Was talking to my boyfriend about school, and what goes on at school, and he actually got so upset he logged off chat and went to bed to cool off.  He isn't angry at me, just angry at my school for its obtuse stupidity ._.  I wish I could hold him in my arms right now...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61709 on: May 10, 2013, 03:22:32 am »

I love cats.  They're actually the only traditional pet that I enjoy keeping.  Others I like to interact with once in a while, but don't enjoy actually having as a pet.

And it's that co-existence that I like.  The relationship they build with you is more human-like than any other common pet-creature does.  They're more like a very cuddly roommate than a pet.

I really wouldn't mind if this cat moves in.  I think I'd enjoy it.  I'm just apprehensive about something stealing my time/energy, when I already don't have enough to go around.  I could shove the responsibility off on the kids, but that's even more work than just taking care of it myself.  More than that, I don't want to deal with allergies making my wife cranky.

Edit:  Just got home and sure enough that cat is living in our garage now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:41:30 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4112 4113 [4114] 4115 4116 ... 8167