Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4111 4112 [4113] 4114 4115 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452134 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61680 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:09 pm »

The primary reason for this that I have found is that relaxation keeps your mental pathways open, while panic closes off everything to make you focus upon your survival instinct (your brain cannot tell the difference between a critical test and a grizzly bear).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61681 on: May 09, 2013, 07:01:05 pm »

They were honestly pretty relaxed, it's just they obviously did not have a good understanding of the material to work with. They also weren't retaining the things I was saying very well. This was really stuff that should have been split over several sessions over a longer period of time.

Also I found myself wondering if we shouldn't have gotten some sugary beverages or something into her before we started, the girl's stick thin, and wasn't looking very focused...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #61682 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »

Depressed. (I don't even know if I am actually psychologically, clinically depressed or if I'm just wrong about that too)

It's not like I'm even in that bad of a life, put in perspective. I could be so much worse off in so many ways, yet I continue to give myself crap for petty little reasons.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61683 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »

Trust me when I say: I've been there and feel your pain. I actually asked the girl I liked out to the prom (after spending well over a week agonizing over it). She turned me down the next day, so I never went to the prom anyway  :-\

Oh, and at that time of my life I actually had been diagnosed with depression and felt like crap for every little thing I did wrong (still do, actually). So might be a good idea to get checked out, if only to start working towards feeling better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61684 on: May 09, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »

I am... I am really sorry to say this, but you should probably not ask her to the prom the day before the prom, if she wasn't planning on going already.  With the amount of time most girls put into their dresses and makeup and blah blah blah it'll come off a bit... rude, I guess.

Having a PTSD attack.  Can't really work.  Losing time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61685 on: May 09, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

You really should not ask a girl to prom the day before.

Nothing at all to do with you, but it's just that timing is everything.

Unless she's already got everything all set out beforehand (unlikely if she wasn't gonna go), then you've got a 90% or greater chance of rejection if you're the average guy.

Everything Vector said.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61686 on: May 09, 2013, 11:02:01 pm »

... from what I can recall, I didn't even know the prom had happened until, like, a couple days after. I have... I can miss things, sometimes, especially when I'm terribly uninterested/uninvested in them. And even when I was younger (and almost especially so, now) I had a pretty strong disinterest in large-ish social gatherings.

Just... no. Generally not for me. Too noisy. Too many people, too busy ignoring most of each other. Often can't get my back against a wall. Hard to actually talk to people. All the jitter triggers, aiee. And coming down from the headache afterwards is always just kinda' miserable, even moreso than the gathering itself.

Can do it. Have managed, can manage. But they're fucking miserable to suffer through. Just... give me small groups, preferably of people interested in discussion or building something or... whatever. Something involved, fulfilling. Meat on it, y'know? Just not huge, noisy groups "socializing". Bleh. I have walls I could be staring at instead, and it would be more interesting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61687 on: May 09, 2013, 11:13:03 pm »

Having a PTSD attack.  Can't really work.  Losing time.
I swear, the amount of times I wished my emotions would at the very least choose more convenient times to be an issue...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61688 on: May 09, 2013, 11:48:14 pm »

Yeah, my brain's grown all these little switches that say "time to freak the fuck out."  And it's kind of funny, because there seem to be things that bother "normal" people a lot more than they bother me, but I've got these switches.

I'm feeling a little bit better upon lying down in bed, though.  I just need to keep distracting myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61689 on: May 10, 2013, 12:06:41 am »

Use Weavesilk? I could play with it for hours, and I keep coming up with cool stuff, like this thing where when drawing various flower shapes I was accidentally Jewish.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61690 on: May 10, 2013, 12:36:18 am »

Bah. No amount of self-reflection will take me out of this deep hole of complacency I've spent 18 years digging myself into.

I don't like being a creature of habit at all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61691 on: May 10, 2013, 12:37:12 am »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61692 on: May 10, 2013, 12:38:13 am »

Dat's cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61693 on: May 10, 2013, 12:43:35 am »

I have seriously just sat around drawing random shapes for hours. It's a really cool toy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61694 on: May 10, 2013, 01:06:14 am »

Spoiler: Cat Story (click to show/hide)

So this is a cat that we've caught glimpses of around the neighborhood for over a year, usually at night.  We always assumed it was somebody's pet that they let outside.

I don't think it's being taken care of anymore.  It's been acting desperate all day.  I've never seen it socialize with people before, but today it's been visiting everybody.  After shopping around, it's apparently determined to adopt my family in true DF style.  It's been camped outside our place the last several hours, and takes every opportunity to sneak inside.  It's succeeded twice since I went to work.  Aside from the aggressive intrusion, it's a very polite cat.  It's also de-clawed.

My wife is quite distressed.  Her graduation commencement ceremony is on Sunday, and she doesn't want to be covered in rash from allergies.  It's cleverly recognized her as the person it needs to convince, and is making rapid progress in endearing itself to her.  At this point she's made a compromise with it.  She set up a box with a blanket and some food/water in our garage, and left the garage door open enough for it to slip in & out.  So... we now have a garage cat, and I don't expect that to be the end of it.  This is quite unexpected.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4111 4112 [4113] 4114 4115 ... 8167