Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3891 3892 [3893] 3894 3895 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486293 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58380 on: February 23, 2013, 07:58:00 pm »

:)

It's good one of us does.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

:P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58381 on: February 23, 2013, 08:04:11 pm »

Today has been unbelievably "blah" for some reason. Not even Die Hard or a fruit smoothie could shake me out of it. I just feel terribly useless in every sense, which probably means I'd due for another bout of depression. That'll be fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58382 on: February 23, 2013, 09:05:14 pm »

I am sooooo sick. I went out with friends today and I wasn't even sure I should have went because of how sick I was...

And My illness only got worse. I feel absolutely terrible right now and I barely remember this day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58383 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:38 pm »

Ugh.  I keep on missing opportunities because I'm not hooked up to my email 24/7 (like seriously, I reply 44 minutes after something was sent and it's already too late), and it's getting really, really frustrating.  I'm trying to get used to the way things are running now but it's so hard...

I never thought I was going to own a smartphone, but if it's what's necessary to get opportunities nowadays, then maybe it'd be for the best.

*sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58384 on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

Munchkin has a 101 fever, won't eat, and refuses meds. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #58385 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:13 pm »

I never thought I was going to own a smartphone, but if it's what's necessary to get opportunities nowadays, then maybe it'd be for the best.
It seems like yeah, everyone operates under the assumption that you have one, so you pretty much do need one. I dreaded and dreaded getting one for a long time, but I had to get one for work recently and it's not really so bad. They can be pretty expensive though, if you pay for them yourself.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58386 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:19 pm »

It seems like yeah, everyone operates under the assumption that you have one, so you pretty much do need one. I dreaded and dreaded getting one for a long time, but I had to get one for work recently and it's not really so bad. They can be pretty expensive though, if you pay for them yourself.

I don't really like smartphones either, individually or on a large scale. Cell phones were bad enough, because now anybody could bug you anywhere. Smartphones make that so much worse. Customer texts and emails now come with expectations that you will instantly respond.... No. Just so much no.

The microwave oven was a terrible thing for one reason: we now expect food in 30 seconds or less. Simply it has killed our patience, and attention spans. Same difference with the phones.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58387 on: February 23, 2013, 11:32:45 pm »

Except microwaves are crap at cooking food, at least in my experience. They're only good for reheating leftovers (and not all of those), heating up some water, or microwave popcorn (which still takes a good five minutes or so). For everything else, an actual oven will make the end result much better.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58388 on: February 23, 2013, 11:34:29 pm »

Yeah, I know.  I'm not happy about it, though.  At the very least I can refuse to get an iWhatever.

Oh my gawd, I'm randomly depressed and I don't even know why.  Nothing has changed!  I'm just miserable now about the same old crap, like some random brain-zit suddenly exploded and it's like "hey, Vector, now you suddenly care about all your douchy exes and you're worried about your grades and you're pissed that your friends are abandoning you."  Jesus christ, lady-friends, don't you have anything else to talk about than how cute you find various dudes and how much you love drugs?  Jesus christ, gentleman-friends, don't you have anything to talk about other than how awesome you are?  I try to talk about something else, but y'all are never interested.

Dude, brain, what the fuck?  What is your damage?  I'm eating healthy, sleeping enough and working hard and taking not only breaks, but my magic mind oil that's supposed to keep this from happening.  I don't even take any caffeine whatsoever.  But suddenly it feels like happy got wiped off the table.

Yeah yeah, I know, cardiovascular exercise.  But I have been doing that, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58389 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:12 pm »

This exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3XNJM_Kamyg

While I'm never particularly surprised (or even saddened) at the potential of RPG Maker or similar programs to be used to produce shoddily-made shock value "games" based on some atrocity or other, this is a commercial product using imagery from a horrific attack in an attempt to entice people to buy a shoddy LCD game.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58390 on: February 24, 2013, 12:20:51 am »

Yeah, I know.  I'm not happy about it, though.  At the very least I can refuse to get an iWhatever.

Oh my gawd, I'm randomly depressed and I don't even know why.  Nothing has changed!  I'm just miserable now about the same old crap, like some random brain-zit suddenly exploded and it's like "hey, Vector, now you suddenly care about all your douchy exes and you're worried about your grades and you're pissed that your friends are abandoning you."  Jesus christ, lady-friends, don't you have anything else to talk about than how cute you find various dudes and how much you love drugs?  Jesus christ, gentleman-friends, don't you have anything to talk about other than how awesome you are?  I try to talk about something else, but y'all are never interested.

Dude, brain, what the fuck?  What is your damage?  I'm eating healthy, sleeping enough and working hard and taking not only breaks, but my magic mind oil that's supposed to keep this from happening.  I don't even take any caffeine whatsoever.  But suddenly it feels like happy got wiped off the table.
You know, I used to beat myself up a lot for feeling depressed and such, it was honestly never a constructive thing to do. These days I tend to have a very different attitude, because you know what, even if you've got a lot of good stuff going on, if you feel sad about bad stuff, it's because you've got bad stuff to feel sad about. Feeling sad about stuff sometimes is a hell of a lot healthier than being happy all the time, and sometimes you've just got a right to be sad, because your issues matter damn it! And screw anyone that says otherwise, especially if they do so with a line that goes something like, "But there are starving children in Africa, how can you- HUERGK!*"

*HUERGK! Is the sound effect associate with someone being exposed to some morally reprehensible, cartoonish, violence.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58391 on: February 24, 2013, 01:36:22 am »

This article. The game itself looks intricate and interesting, but the article made me sad with tales of cats starving to death for fear of being beaten.

I don't see myself playing this for the above reason (I like kitties :(), but also I don't want to get sucked into a virtual pet thing again. Seems like the sort of thing that the DF community would like, though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58392 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:44 am »

Except microwaves are crap at cooking food, at least in my experience. They're only good for reheating leftovers (and not all of those), heating up some water, or microwave popcorn (which still takes a good five minutes or so). For everything else, an actual oven will make the end result much better.
Just want to say that while, yes, oven cooked or grilled or whatever is better, that doesn't mean that microwaved food can't be good. You just have to keep experimenting and monkeying around until you find recipes and cooking preparations that work. It can take some effort, and some brands or types of food just don't work, but it can be done.

I make some pretty mean microwaved mac and cheese. The secret is extra cheese and cooking it in a sort of broth made of a bit of bullion and some soy/teriyaki/whatever sauce, and I can manage a non-negligible amount of other grain dishes. Mi madre nukes potatoes that come out just fine. There's more, if you hunt for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58393 on: February 24, 2013, 01:50:22 am »

Yeah, I guess there must be some exceptions to the rule. I'm just a terrible cook and even worse at experimentation (I loathe the thought of wasting food via ruination), so my microwave exploits are mostly limited to reheating :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58394 on: February 24, 2013, 01:53:13 am »

You don't ruin food via experimentation. If it turns out poorly, shovel it down anyway as a lesson not to do that again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3891 3892 [3893] 3894 3895 ... 8167