Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3890 3891 [3892] 3893 3894 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486208 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58365 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:16 am »

Random nosebleeds can happen. The largest blood vessel near the nose has a relatively small amount of protection and easily bursts through the interior of the nose. Some individuals can get it from as little as an elevated heart rate, which is where the anime thing comes from.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58366 on: February 23, 2013, 03:26:18 am »

not really, the low pressure and the dry environment out here destroys my nose. i went through a entire week where i would be bleeding out every now and then. this air sucks too, goddamn pollution.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58367 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:07 am »

I got random nosebleeds all the time throughout my teen years.  I have a varicose vein up in my sinuses.  Bled for 5 hours straight one time.  Had to get that thing cauterized twice by sticking a wire coated in acid up my nose.  Quite unpleasant.  Last random nosebleed was at age 22.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58368 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:41 am »

not really, the low pressure and the dry environment out here destroys my nose. i went through a entire week where i would be bleeding out every now and then. this air sucks too, goddamn pollution.

"Low pressure and dry environment" is quite similar to most descriptions of what it's like to live inside a manga page. I've got my eye on you, Tellemirius. Or, perhaps, my kawa-eye.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58369 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:57 am »

You cannot see it, but I am doing the worlds slowest, clappiest slow-clap right now.

(Also maybe I just live in too wet a climate, but I don't think I've gotten random nose-bleeds. As far as I can remember, I've only gotten them from being smacked in the nose.)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58370 on: February 23, 2013, 05:57:49 am »

I slid.

gosh my leg feels so hellish, but oh well
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58371 on: February 23, 2013, 07:31:07 am »

I used to get nosebleeds all the time all through highschool. Haven't had one since; that's two years so far.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58372 on: February 23, 2013, 07:38:37 am »

Currently 2 comets visible with the naked eye. Sadly, I'm on the wrong hemisphere.

Anyway, they should brighten up and be visible on the Northen hemisphere soon enough

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58373 on: February 23, 2013, 10:30:20 am »

So Math finals are on Monday, I have one part of the stuff (curiculum?) to pass left. Most of it is morbidly obtuse and as far as I can tell useless. I have studied it, but I still don't feel like I know anything, worst part of it all is that I'm too fed up with it do any more really. And I need to redo all the exams in the summer if I fail this one now, which sucks even more :c

Edit:

While this is here might as well pile shit on right?

So first off some of my best friends disgust me, not in the "ewww" kind of way but in the "holy flying fuck of satan are you kidding me?" with some of their statements about both people of other nationalities/religions/sexual preferences. The problem is that they're rather conservative and nationalistic in their views, which is rather opposite of me, but they're good people and I enjoy hanging out with them, except these select few moments where the difference in opinions is so grating that I just want to shake them and scream at them for being so bigoted and small minded. It doesn't help that they take too much enjoyment in teasing me about my views and the occassional attempts in converting me to their stances.
Then there's this other best friend, who I've still not figured completely out since he's a bit of a wildcard and rather stubborn. He takes enjoyment in pointing out the flaws in the system and how I really should be doing that if I want to be happy because money is key to happyness and that unhappyness is because I lack money because without money problems there is nothing to worry about. I'm still not sure if he's simply doing an elaborate joke, is being sarcasting or is simply dead serious. I'm not liking the last option at all but it's the most probable one :C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:59:18 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58374 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:15 am »

"Low pressure and dry environment" is quite similar to most descriptions of what it's like to live inside a manga page. I've got my eye on you, Tellemirius. Or, perhaps, my kawa-eye.
baka soo desu ne.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #58375 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:09 pm »

This infatuation thing normally comes and goes in waves, right?
depends on the level of infatuation, I guess. From my experience, yeah. The length of waves can be irregular however.

Hmmm, if they come in waves, is there a peak and a trough of infatuation? We need to conduct !!science!! on this, and graph the findings as a sine wave.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58376 on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »

Nice guy is asking me if I have plans for tomorrow night, implying another date.

I have to work, etc, but if I say that, then I sound like a bitch. :(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58377 on: February 23, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »

Usually you're okay as long as you suggest another day, if you wanted to go...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58378 on: February 23, 2013, 06:37:03 pm »

Thank you. He is actually rather nice to me so yeah, I'd love to. :) [hug]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58379 on: February 23, 2013, 06:39:35 pm »

[hugs]

Don't worry, I am the queen of well-intentioned date-dodging.  I know what I am doing!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3890 3891 [3892] 3893 3894 ... 8167