Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3843 3844 [3845] 3846 3847 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458543 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57660 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aw, shit. I never got over child fantasies.
Dude, I fantasized about being on a joint American-Soviet military strike force fighting off an alien invasion. Pretty sure that ain't happening now.
(What? It was the Cold War, my dad was military intel, and I knew my family roots came in part from Russia...perfectly logical.)  :-\

@dhokarena:
Y'know....you could always just say "screw the rules on who i 'can't' date" and date one of them. Even if it just lasts six months, that's better than spending six months with your heart in a blender.

I'd be a horribly, horribly neurotic and terrible boyfriend. Nobody would care if I dated them- this is Brazil- but I just...shouldn't...

Agh.
And the only way you get better at something is practice. I was probably a terrible boyfriend the first 3-4 relationships. But I've gotten better over time (I think), especially as I've learned to not take things too seriously.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #57661 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aw, shit. I never got over child fantasies.
Dude, I fantasized about being on a joint American-Soviet military strike force fighting off an alien invasion. Pretty sure that ain't happening now.
(What? It was the Cold War, my dad was military intel, and I knew my family roots came in part from Russia...perfectly logical.)  :-\

@dhokarena:
Y'know....you could always just say "screw the rules on who i 'can't' date" and date one of them. Even if it just lasts six months, that's better than spending six months with your heart in a blender.

I'd be a horribly, horribly neurotic and terrible boyfriend. Nobody would care if I dated them- this is Brazil- but I just...shouldn't...

Agh.
And the only way you get better at something is practice. I was probably a terrible boyfriend the first 3-4 relationships. But I've gotten better over time (I think), especially as I've learned to not take things too seriously.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I took a nap at around 9 PM trying to sleep, then got woken up by the dog. I still feel very achy, but the despair is gone.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57662 on: January 22, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »

oh god, I can smell sauna wood
oh god
oh god

Edit: I think I have come down with a stomach bug of some sort. This explains much. I hope I don't like...have a fever dream where something horrifying happens to her. That would be traumatizing.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:54:16 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #57663 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:43 am »

So I created a pair of characters a while ago purely to amuse myself with romantic/fluffy nonsense. Today I realized that one of them is most likely slightly mentally retarded, which would explain her extreme overreactions (e.g. bursting into tears when the seams tore on her favourite jacket - she's 22).

THEN my brain made me compare two situations: where this girl gets into an accident, and her mind reverts to a toddler-like state, and where her girlfriend gets into said accident instead. I realized she'd be completely unable to cope, or understand what's going on.

And then I imagined her sitting hext to her half-braindead girlfriend's hospital bed, holding her hand and just... talking to her. About anything and everything. Maybe starting to cry but not really noticing.

Fuck I hate my imagination.
くコ:彡

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57664 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:52 am »

I realized that one of them is most likely slightly mentally retarded, which would explain her extreme overreactions (e.g. bursting into tears when the seams tore on her favourite jacket - she's 22).

Ehhhh, there are a few things I can think of that would make me cry if someone destroyed it. My favorite Teddybear for example.

At worst she sounds ditzy or rather someone who doesn't think most of the time.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57665 on: January 23, 2013, 02:28:02 am »

I realized that one of them is most likely slightly mentally retarded, which would explain her extreme overreactions (e.g. bursting into tears when the seams tore on her favourite jacket - she's 22).

Ehhhh, there are a few things I can think of that would make me cry if someone destroyed it. My favorite Teddybear for example.

At worst she sounds ditzy or rather someone who doesn't think most of the time.
I forgot to finish that sentence, but I suppose that's also true. But, again, it just seems to fit the character so I'm rolling with it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57666 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:27 am »

Do you write about these characters or what? If they're detailed enough you probably could pretty successfully.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57667 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:32 am »

Do you write about these characters or what? If they're detailed enough you probably could pretty successfully.
I could write about them but I generally just imagine short snippets of their lives and make notes about them. I could probably write some bits about them, yeah.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57668 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:43 am »

I was woken up four hours after I got to sleep for the third day in the row by the construction workers at my house, and I'm starting to act on panic attack logic only. I almost threw the family coffee away this morning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57669 on: January 23, 2013, 03:29:00 pm »

I have been feeling really bad about myself when I have nothing to do (aka when I'm laying in bed) lately.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57670 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

Has anyone drank enough diet soda that they start to feel intensely ill?

The studying for the test and me intentionally forcing pop down my throat always sucks.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57671 on: January 23, 2013, 04:13:26 pm »

If you're forcing it down your throat anyway, why not water or something else healthy? :|
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57672 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:02 pm »

I don't really think it matters what it is, there's a pretty hard limit on how much liquid a person can drink at once.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57673 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:05 pm »

If you're starting to feel sick, then it's probably a good time to stop.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57674 on: January 23, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

If you're starting to feel sick, then it's probably a good time to stop.

I can't though. I've gone without sleep long enough that I am getting a falling feeling from simple movement and my body is getting numb.

If I stop I'll probably fall asleep or fall into a stupor.
Pages: 1 ... 3843 3844 [3845] 3846 3847 ... 8167