Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456896 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57030 on: December 29, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »

Oh that's bad. I have been trying to get my mother (now 50, but pretty much my entire life) to stop smoking. i like to think I've added a year onto her life, but I'v never managed to keep her on the right path. And she wonders why she has a bloody Aortic Aneurysm. Even that couldn't stop her.

Parents are odd. In charge of us for a long time, but at the same time incapable of taking care of themselves.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57031 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

And now he's gotten absurdly drunk and is kind-of ranting to himself, though he currently lacks the cognition to do much more than occasionally mutter "fuck this shit" over and over. So make that three disappointing things, though I am somewhat used to this one. Perhaps you've heard of angry drunks? He's not an angry drunk. He's an annoying drunk. Never dangerous, but constantly a total fucking nuisance. Thankfully he believes I'm sleeping, so he won't direct his annoying tendencies towards me intentionally.

I'm going to talk to him tomorrow. He probably won't remember any of this, but I sure as hell will. I'm only going to have two opportunities every year to see him from now on, and if this is how he plans to act during it I have no interest in using those opportunities.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:52:35 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57032 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:06 am »

Maybe record him?
If he's being an utter ass, maybe all he needs is to realize that's what he's like drunk?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57033 on: December 30, 2012, 01:20:14 am »

He's not delusional about the kind of jackassery he can get up to when blackout drunk, but for obvious reasons he never remembers any of it. If I call him out when he's sober he'll listen to me.

To be fair, it usually doesn't get to this point. He started a few hours early today and partied with some work friends, and once he's over the edge this shit starts.

He's kind of lonely down here and I sympathize, but sympathy only goes so far when I have to weather his absurdity.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:29:15 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57034 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:59 am »

He's not delusional about the kind of jackassery he can get up to when blackout drunk, but for obvious reasons he never remembers any of it. If I call him out when he's sober he'll listen to me.

To be fair, it usually doesn't get to this point. He started a few hours early today and partied with some work friends, and once he's over the edge this shit starts.

He's kind of lonely down here and I sympathize, but sympathy only goes so far when I have to whether his absurdity.

I sympathize with you. My mother drinks to this sort of level on a semi-not-quite-regular basis. Generally, it's not bothersome to me. I keep to my own. But lately, it's been quite annoying. She'll get all fucking wasted and try to force me to be part of her and her friend's 'party'. No, mother. I'm not fucking drunk. I do not find your drunken antics humorous. Your friends are shrill and annoying. Kindly leave me alone and quit saying the same things over and over at me. Last night, I even went to bed an hour early so I wouldn't have to listen to her and her friends for another minute.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57035 on: December 30, 2012, 02:07:11 am »

My parents aren't drunks.  My grandma has carried a bottle in her purse, but that's only sometimes.  She also doesn't seem different when she's drunk.

A real character, that woman.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57036 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:43 am »

My dad used to be a drunk, but he sobered up and hasn't touched alcohol in nearly 20 years. Mom still drinks on occasion, though only like one glass a month or so. I drink maybe once a year :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57037 on: December 30, 2012, 02:50:50 am »

It's currently ten to nine in the morning.  I never went to sleep.  Not sure if it's anxiety over the move I have to complete within the next 6 or so hours (and that I've barely gotten started on), or if I'm just suddenly experiencing the "insomnia" part of the "insomnia/hypersomnia" duo, but I just don't feel sleepy at all.

Tired as heck, yes, but sleep is a foreign and scary prospect at the moment.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57038 on: December 30, 2012, 02:56:44 am »

Same here, man.  It's like... Maybe three in the morning here.  I guess I'm just really excited about tomorrow or something.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57039 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:13 am »

Almost 2000 posts, man. Oh well.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57040 on: December 30, 2012, 04:38:47 am »

It's about one-thirty-three in the morning here and Japan has ruined yandere and/or yangire characters for me. Fuck you Desuchan and fuck you Japan, I feel sick to my stomach after reading that and want to just cry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57041 on: December 30, 2012, 04:43:26 am »

I don't even know what the hell a "Yandere" is.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57042 on: December 30, 2012, 04:44:52 am »

Stalker, I think?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57043 on: December 30, 2012, 04:46:50 am »

Stalker, I think?
The only Japanese term I know is Tsundere, and that's only because I wanted to use it ironically once.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57044 on: December 30, 2012, 05:02:25 am »

Have you considered using a search engine such as Google, or do you really want me to go into a long-winded explanation about yandere and yangire characters in various forms of Japanese multimedia? I'm really not in the mood to do the second one at one-after-two-in-the-morning when I feel both sick to my stomach and somewhat irritable so if that is what you truly wish for me to do then might I suggest reconsidering such a proposition?
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 8167