Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3800 3801 [3802] 3803 3804 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456888 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57015 on: December 29, 2012, 01:53:42 am »

Actually, the farthest I would go is probably to wander up to them, after ensuring that they were talking about nuts, and saying, "I know where you can find some pretty great nuts." Then wander away, leaving them to wonder what the hell just happened.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #57016 on: December 29, 2012, 02:46:38 am »

I dont have anyone to share this drunkeness with. :{ extra frowny.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57017 on: December 29, 2012, 02:49:48 am »

Are you a woman in the company if Hans?  If no, maybe you should try it!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57018 on: December 29, 2012, 08:46:25 am »

Unless your teeth are really messed up, I don't see the point in braces. Lot of hassle, lot of money, lot of pain for a very marginal appearance boost. No one really cares if your teeth are a little crooked.
Mainly because my teeth would wear quicker without it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57019 on: December 29, 2012, 11:27:27 am »

Stupid mybook and it getting its revenge or something. THe USB port snapped off of that thing months ago, I got a new enclosure for it for christmas (not paying $100 or so for another one when the hard drive is intact, damnit), and it no longer detects any of the data I had on it. Also its showing as 465GB instead of 500GB for some reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57020 on: December 29, 2012, 03:56:44 pm »

You did point out how hypocritical it was of them, right?
I didn't because the last time I did they yelled at me, and yelling tends to affect my PTSD. That whole bit is part of the reason why I am a pacifist, my violent and aggressive childhood and adolescence another.

Plus it was three of the five of them talking to me all at once and with that kind of stimulation my neurons tend to overload and I can barely speak intelligibly for a while after that. I don't think I want that again anytime soon.
Pacifist != Doormat. You could pull one of them aside and say, "Hey, look, this is a problem. It needs to be fixed."
I've tried that. I'm the kind of person whose concerns are usually brushed off like they are nothing. Most everyone does this.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57021 on: December 29, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

Already had that conversation Greatorder :P. I get the impression potentially excellent ;).
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57022 on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:13 pm »

My savings account got closed yesterday for having nothing in it. Ouch.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57023 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »

Am getting tired of 12 hour days. Blurgh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57024 on: December 29, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

Recurring feeling here, but I'm tied of being a 26 year old, unemployed Marine vet who held a job for 2 months and got fired because I put my family first (grandma died, I got sick, needed time off) and being a full time college student who has one semester to finish my degree or I have to pay out of pocket. After this semester, I have to find a job asap or else deal with not bring able to pay bills.

Just getting tired of working my butt off and barely having anything to show for it. Everything will get better in a few months at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57025 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:13 pm »

Found out some very disappointing things about my father.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57026 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »

Found out some very disappointing things about my father.
Such as?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57027 on: December 29, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »

Presumably things he can't mention.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57028 on: December 29, 2012, 09:27:14 pm »

Unless he raped or killed someone, I doubt its worse then mine, and I could freely admit anything he did. Even the really bad things.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:29:33 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57029 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »

Presumably things he can't mention.
I can mention it, I just don't want to. Nothing illegal. Of the two, the first is that he started smoking again. He's going to give himself cancer at the rate he smokes. He's lucky he didn't already. 40 is no age to resume smoking. I figured he was over it since he started running (and still is, to his credit), but once he moved he started it up again.

My mother also quit for a time and restarted. Truth be told, I don't expect her to ever stop again. Both her and my father are weak-willed when it comes to addiction.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3800 3801 [3802] 3803 3804 ... 8167