Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3799 3800 [3801] 3802 3803 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458768 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57000 on: December 28, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

Fair point, I should probably sink more points into reading comprehension :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57001 on: December 28, 2012, 03:57:21 pm »

Well, my jaw is fucked up.  Like "My top teeth can't actually touch any of my bottom teeth" fucked up.  The braces are so I can get corrective surgery sometime this summer.  Which means I'll have metal plates in my face.  Forever.

On the upside, there's a chance I'll be able to talk like a normal person!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57002 on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:18 pm »

Yikes, dude D: Hope everything turns out well.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57003 on: December 28, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

Laptop moniter, meet chair leg.
Chair leg, laptop moniter.

Wallet, meet asain computer sales store.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57004 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »

Stopped smoking, been without a cigarette for 24 hours now. Slight headache, but no other ill effects. (Except craving a cigarette of course.)
Shouldn't that be in the happy thread?
Yeah, I guess that would fit too.  :P

I agree. Even 24 hours is a bitch. You should be proud, dude. Only 48 more and the hard part is over.
Thanks for the encouragement.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57005 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:17 pm »

I'm a bot. Captchas are too hard for me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57006 on: December 28, 2012, 05:26:59 pm »

Unless your teeth are really messed up, I don't see the point in braces. Lot of hassle, lot of money, lot of pain for a very marginal appearance boost. No one really cares if your teeth are a little crooked.

Even a fairly minor misalignment can cause serious problems down the road. Of the two teeth I've lost, one was caused by another tooth pushing it out of place due to a barely visible crookedness.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57007 on: December 28, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »

Each of my five roommates practices a religion that preaches compassion and nonviolence as parts of it's tenets and yet they advocate violence and aggression when recommending what the resident pacifist, who would be me, should do. It saddens me that they themselves preach against hypocrites and yet they are such themselves.

At least they have a good choice in frozen pizzas. I got a free dinner thanks to one who bought two Red Baron frozen pepperoni pizzas. Still, it's sad what they do outside of the random bouts of generosity that I am starting to have less difficulty accepting.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57008 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56:48 pm »

Yikes, dude D: Hope everything turns out well.
Oh, me too.

You guys have no idea how annoying it is to not be able to eat flat-bread pizzas.  Or say any words that have "r" or "s" in them.  I'm really glad only one of my good friends have names with an "r" in them.

Also, smiling.  I hate getting my picture taken, because one smartass always tells me I'm not smiling.  Makes me want to kill someone.

But that should be resolved in a few months.  Yay!  :D

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57009 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »

You did point out how hypocritical it was of them, right?
I didn't because the last time I did they yelled at me, and yelling tends to affect my PTSD. That whole bit is part of the reason why I am a pacifist, my violent and aggressive childhood and adolescence another.

Plus it was three of the five of them talking to me all at once and with that kind of stimulation my neurons tend to overload and I can barely speak intelligibly for a while after that. I don't think I want that again anytime soon.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57010 on: December 28, 2012, 10:20:50 pm »

Ah.  Just ignore them, hypocrites tend to be dicks anyways.  Just... take their pizzas.  Every pizza.  Then, they shall know PAIN!!!

Seriously though, just ignore them.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57011 on: December 29, 2012, 12:36:11 am »

You did point out how hypocritical it was of them, right?
I didn't because the last time I did they yelled at me, and yelling tends to affect my PTSD. That whole bit is part of the reason why I am a pacifist, my violent and aggressive childhood and adolescence another.

Plus it was three of the five of them talking to me all at once and with that kind of stimulation my neurons tend to overload and I can barely speak intelligibly for a while after that. I don't think I want that again anytime soon.
Pacifist != Doormat. You could pull one of them aside and say, "Hey, look, this is a problem. It needs to be fixed."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57012 on: December 29, 2012, 01:13:32 am »

Well this is great. I get to sit here and listen to two drunk... Women. Babble on about how great nuts and triscuits are. I didn't go to the Christmas party so I wouldn't have to deal with being around fucking drunk people, so LET'S BRING THEM HOME! Goddamn. I'm so tired.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57013 on: December 29, 2012, 01:17:42 am »

I am ashamed of you, Hans. You should get them talking about how great YOUR nuts are!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57014 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:47 am »

They are drunk...

Pages: 1 ... 3799 3800 [3801] 3802 3803 ... 8167