Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3503 3504 [3505] 3506 3507 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465919 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52560 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:36 pm »

I finally fixed up my bike, put new tubes in the previously flat tires, filled them, reinstalled them, fixed the gears.

I get to the end of the street and both tires are flat.

FUCKING HELL T_T

(Also, miauw, why didn't you just put the chain back on?)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:15:34 pm by GlyphGryph »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52561 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:36 pm »

I was not planning to bike home anyway, so i could as well put it back on at home after my wounds were treated.
I remember some strange sounds from my bike, so i assumed the chain was off. it could just as well have been still on, because after a while i realized it wasnt off. So it either just slided into a state of not completely off but not correctly on the chains or it was on all the time and i just didnt care enough to actually check.

@LW What exactly do you mean by "initial reponse"? Because at first i just sat on the ground and didnt try to stand up. Its only after i stood up and checked my wounds that it began hurting. (actually, its probably because i looked at the wounds that it began hurting).
But now i look back at it, it would probably have been a good idea to shrug it off and increase my kinda low pain tolerance.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52562 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Was it musing or 'random', or is it reoccuring?  I've had such fantascies before...
Back on topic, I've never seen Star Trek.

Wait.... really?
Yes, really. I've never seen the interest. I've also never seen Dr Who or any other particularly famous television shows.

Mostly because I don't watch TV at all.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52563 on: September 20, 2012, 04:52:49 pm »

I used to hate TV, but then I discovered several quite good shows. Now I'll watch certain series.

The medium has lots of limitations, especially western television. I would probably only rarely ever watch a TV show on an actual TV, and not stream/download it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52564 on: September 20, 2012, 04:55:31 pm »

I've watched all of three television series. MLP:FiM (on YouTube), Clarke and Dawe (on TV) and The Chaser's War On Everything (on TV).
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52565 on: September 20, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »

I was not planning to bike home anyway, so i could as well put it back on at home after my wounds were treated.
I remember some strange sounds from my bike, so i assumed the chain was off. it could just as well have been still on, because after a while i realized it wasnt off. So it either just slided into a state of not completely off but not correctly on the chains or it was on all the time and i just didnt care enough to actually check.

@LW What exactly do you mean by "initial reponse"? Because at first i just sat on the ground and didnt try to stand up. Its only after i stood up and checked my wounds that it began hurting. (actually, its probably because i looked at the wounds that it began hurting).
But now i look back at it, it would probably have been a good idea to shrug it off and increase my kinda low pain tolerance.

I belueve he is saying that if you act like a delicate flower than psychologically you'll start to treat yourself as one...

I you had sat on the ground balling about how your leg felt broken you would have been aprihensive about riding a bike again.

For example, when I was a kid I loved trees.  Id climb and jump from tree to tree all day.  Same with playground equipment (can't play tag with acrobatics :) ).  One dayI skinned my whole chest up on a tree trunk.  I thought I would scar up(and it stung like a hell).  I cried and moaned and flabbergasted all up and down.
I actually got scared of climbing trees.  Playground equipment was still cool, but to this day I feel uneasy faced with the prospect of a tree.  I try not to go near trees.  My initial reaction, which included what I did and thought for up to 24 hours after I got skinned up, made me afraid of trees.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52566 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »

It goes:
Kirk (The Original Series), Picard (The Next Generation), then partway through TNG there came Sisko (Deep Space Nine), then partway through DS9 there was Janeway (Voyager).  After all were finished, it was Archer (Enterprise).  I'm glad Enterprise stopped, it was an awful, awful show.  Granted, things started going downhill with Voyager...

Enterprise wasn't that bad once it reached Season 4 and got somebody competent as show leader, but the show was then slammed into the Friday night death slot so most of the good episodes were missed.
I never really watched Enterprise, but I remember Voyager being distinctly horrible. Me and some dormmates tried watching it when it came out, and I think we lasted maybe 3/4 of the first season before deciding that Brannon Braga was the Rob Liefeld of writers and ditching it.

Voyager, as a whole, wasn't too bad. Sure, there were some godawful episodes, and the first season was a bit aimless. There was plenty of good in it though, and it's not as if TNG and TOS didn't have their share of crap as well. Which leads to an interesting question. Was Threshold worse than Spock's Brain?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52567 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:19 pm »

I only watched a bit of an episode or two of Enterprise.  The scenes I remember are some girl jumping out of a ceiling grate and her shirt falling off, and a very busty angry looking vulcan girl.  I therefore wrote the show off as catering to horny 14 year olds and called it a day.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52568 on: September 20, 2012, 06:27:17 pm »

Enterprise had a lot of promise in the beginning, before it got derailed into '24 IN SPAAAACEEE!, then later on after they got out of that mess, but that was too late. It also has the lowest Fanservice amount for any show except possibly TOS (which had much stricter standards to work around.) Overall, it was still decent.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52569 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »

Took the cat to the vet. His fever wouldn't go down and it turned out he has fluid buildup around his heart. He didn't make it  :'( :'( :'(.

Dude, that's terrible!  :-[ I know how that feels. I'm sorry to hear that.

* Yoink also offers hugs.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52570 on: September 20, 2012, 06:44:33 pm »

Enterprise had a lot of promise in the beginning, before it got derailed into '24 IN SPAAAACEEE!, then later on after they got out of that mess, but that was too late. It also has the lowest Fanservice amount for any show except possibly TOS (which had much stricter standards to work around.) Overall, it was still decent.

Wait. Enterprise. Low fan service? Pretty much every other episode has glaringly obvious T'Pol fan service, and that's just one character.

Also TOS has a ton if you count Kirk taking his shirt off.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52571 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

That's still less fanservice than Seven of Nine on Voyager. :P

EDIT: Now that I think about it, all the series had a designated fanservice character, I tended not to like those characters
TOS: Yeoman Rand (Season 1), Uhura
TNG: Counselor Troi
DS9: Jadzia Dax
VOY: Seven of Nine (Season 3-7)
ENT: T'Pol
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:51:39 pm by Jervill »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52572 on: September 20, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

Enterprise had the fewest "fanservice moments." Simply having an attractive character in an outfit that emphasizes it isn't real high on the scale (Thus, Troi, T'pol, and 7 are pretty much even). Shots of the character acting in-character in ways that emphasize it, or a somewhat naughty camera, only ratchet it up so far. The other series had a lot more epsiodes where there was some crazy scenario to make them strip things off or act suggestively, which is the real meat of fanservice, IMO. (Fortunately, none of the series had a very naughty camera, which is a large spike.)

Of course, I might be ignoring most of T'pol because I didn't find her very attractive.

I'm not sure Dax was really a Fanservice character, to be honest. The Dabo girls tended to fill that role in DS9.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52573 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »

Right, forgot about them.  DS9's billion guest stars are easy to forget.  I remember Jadzia because she was played by a supermodel.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #52574 on: September 20, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »

I used to be able to talk to my dad about things and he'd only go on occasional rants. He'd often repeat the same old stories, but at least those were predictable and bearable. Since the tea party movement and especially with this election cycle, all he talks about are politics and how the world has and is going to hell. Forget for a second any of the political stuff or beliefs or anything at all. I don't care about them.

Do you know how depressing it is to be around somebody who talks about only one thing no matter what you try to steer the subject towards: the world going to shit.

Even if it's true, my god it can't be ALL you talk about. It's maddening. I don't even know. I beg him to talk about ANYTHING else; he doesn't and he gets pissed. I can't listen to that. He froths at the mouth and repeats pretty much word for word whatever is on Fox News. He says he continues to talk about it after I beg him to talk about anything else/suggest other topics, anything I can, because "I'm just sayin'" or "people need to know," or "I'm sick of these [insert horrid insults]," or "I never thought I'd be ashamed of this country."

My response, "so what the hell would you like me to do about it?"

I'm jaded enough too much with what I do. I don't need somebody constantly and vehemently adding to it.

So far I just tune him out and let him vent/bitch, but even I have limits on that, especially when the froth gets rather thick. Not sure what on earth to do.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3503 3504 [3505] 3506 3507 ... 8167