Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3502 3503 [3504] 3505 3506 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466680 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52545 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:35 am »

It goes:
Kirk (The Original Series), Picard (The Next Generation), then partway through TNG there came Sisko (Deep Space Nine), then partway through DS9 there was Janeway (Voyager).  After all were finished, it was Archer (Enterprise).  I'm glad Enterprise stopped, it was an awful, awful show.  Granted, things started going downhill with Voyager...

Enterprise wasn't that bad once it reached Season 4 and got somebody competent as show leader, but the show was then slammed into the Friday night death slot so most of the good episodes were missed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52546 on: September 20, 2012, 08:12:06 am »

It goes:
Kirk (The Original Series), Picard (The Next Generation), then partway through TNG there came Sisko (Deep Space Nine), then partway through DS9 there was Janeway (Voyager).  After all were finished, it was Archer (Enterprise).  I'm glad Enterprise stopped, it was an awful, awful show.  Granted, things started going downhill with Voyager...

Enterprise wasn't that bad once it reached Season 4 and got somebody competent as show leader, but the show was then slammed into the Friday night death slot so most of the good episodes were missed.
I never really watched Enterprise, but I remember Voyager being distinctly horrible. Me and some dormmates tried watching it when it came out, and I think we lasted maybe 3/4 of the first season before deciding that Brannon Braga was the Rob Liefeld of writers and ditching it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52547 on: September 20, 2012, 08:47:00 am »

Hey! Don't dis Voyager! It's the only of the shows I watched as a kid (only seen some of Next Generation otherwise), so it's the only one that's dear to me.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52548 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:30 am »

Quote from: Kedly
Man, I always miss the sex conversations.

...?

My sad: I have to wake up at seven in the fucking morning to go pee test, and I don't have to pee, meaning I have to chug like a gallon of water. I'm going to feel like crap all day.

For water drinkage? Or waking up in the middle of the night?

A combination of both. I usually sleep another hour past now, I don't particularly enjoy the testing because I've got what is commonly referred to as shy bladder syndrome, and chugging all that water hurts me insides. I honestly think I'm doing serious damage to one of my kidneys, because it hurts a lot these days. That, or it's my appendix that hurts, and that's no good either.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:21:53 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52549 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:53 am »

How much water are you drinking?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52550 on: September 20, 2012, 09:21:37 am »

Drink up the night before?  If you feel confident youll either hold it while sleeping or wake up in time
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52551 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:01 am »

Took the cat to the vet. His fever wouldn't go down and it turned out he has fluid buildup around his heart. He didn't make it  :'( :'( :'(.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52552 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:52 am »

D= Thats awful! D=
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52553 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:47 am »

How much water are you drinking?

Today, I only drank two eight ounce glasses of water and then two cokes, but usually it takes about 1.25 liters of either water or soda. 

Drink up the night before?  If you feel confident youll either hold it while sleeping or wake up in time

And usually I do this, but at some point during the night, I zombied my way to the bathroom. -.- Typically I just drink coke until I'm ready for bed, then a glass of water. The goal is to have a full bladder, but not have to go real bad, because its a damnable twenty minute drive. >.<
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52554 on: September 20, 2012, 09:30:24 am »

... D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52555 on: September 20, 2012, 10:09:08 am »

My metalsmith begun a mysterious construction, and i got a crapload of copper. Then realized he was possesed.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #52556 on: September 20, 2012, 10:19:29 am »

On the Geordi thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CheK7N3zaRc
But yeah; there was actually a reading rainbow episode which goes behind the scenes of star trek TNG.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52557 on: September 20, 2012, 11:11:24 am »

Took the cat to the vet. His fever wouldn't go down and it turned out he has fluid buildup around his heart. He didn't make it  :'( :'( :'(.
* kaijyuu hugs

Losing pets sucks D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52558 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:41 pm »

*Driving my bike home after school*

Ground: Yo miauw, long time no see!

I gave that ground a painfull hug with the palm of my hand and my knee.
Again.

I wasnt too far from home, but i walked because my chain fell off my cogs and it hurted so much. I really cried while walking all the way home.
Ugh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52559 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:51 pm »

I wasnt too far from home, but i walked because my chain fell off my cogs and it hurted so much. I really cried while walking all the way home.
Ugh.
You shouldn't have done that. You should've just owned the pain and assumed it was nothing till you got home. Because our brain is weird like that, the initial reaction to a painful event can determine how painful it is in the future - hence not giving a shit reduces the pain/increases pain tolerance.
Then once you're home you can collapse in agony and fix yourself up.
Pages: 1 ... 3502 3503 [3504] 3505 3506 ... 8167