Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3380 3381 [3382] 3383 3384 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476735 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50715 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:59 am »

"What are those black things that have been jumping off my dogs for the past week? And why are my legs itchy?"

I have fleas bay12. Stay classy.
You too, huh? Going to have to do something chemical in short order, m'self.
I hate fleas. They're a big problem in China, too. Thank goodness there's no plague involved, and that their bites aren't as bad as mosquitoes. I think rubbing your legs with vegetable oil keeps them from biting, although it makes you all greasy... Wonder if vanilla extract works? It's supposed to work for short times against mosquitoes--it seemed to work for us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50716 on: August 28, 2012, 12:20:45 am »

I don't mean to be whining so much today, but it's just one of those nights where I'm stuck in my thoughts and I need an outlet just to sleep.

and these posts always take alot of time just because I'm trying to think of how to write it so I don't sound completely pathetic.

I've been contemplating how others see themselves and about what's different in me that makes me so sad, and I got something resembling an idea. I think alot of the problems I've had stem from me not having what I'm gonna call a 'social identity', that is, where a person identifies themselves as a part of or a member of a group of people, of how that person fits into society. It's this thing that I think I lack, and so there's barriers in my mind that keep me from just going out right now and doing whatever the fuck it is that people do.

Deep down, I don't consider myself a member of my own family, and I know I'd abandon them if there were a practical benefit to it. My friends from college, the closest friends I've had my entire life, and the moment I move back home and away from them, atleast in my own head, they're gone now. I hadn't even thought of trying to keep in touch with them, they're just part of the past now and I've been drilling into myself for years that the past is only meant to be forgotten. In my mind, I'm just lonely and miserable, I can't picture myself being a normal person and in a subtle way this sabotages everything I do to change that, because I don't want to commit to actions that rail against that image, if only in my mind, because I can't imagine the world in a different way.

Now, I say lonely, and I want to stress this part, that I'm just alone in my head. I already stated that I don't affiliate myself strongly with any group, and in my rutted ways, I don't want to be. I have this whole other thread just talking about how I want to end my loneliness and find a relationship, but deep down, past whatever romantic dreams I might have, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to commit to actually BEING in a relationship. In my mind, I'd always be anticipating the end of it, either through her or me is irrelevant, that to me the state of being non-lonely is a grotesque and unnatural form of myself and it's only a matter of time before something occurs and it is destined to snap back to it's original state. A mechanism rooted in my mind to continue on the only path it's ever known. Simply put, that I'm lonely and have a hard time socializing, and the pieces are in place to make sure it's always like that, until the day I die.

Now, I admittedly write my posts in a way that I personally consider to be unusual. I come at the keyboard with a fierce passion, but when finger meets key, everything slows down and I instinctively start to analyze every thought and every word, and things come out in this formulaic, methodical manner that I'm starting to grow into, an almost worrisome matter. I don't post very often nowadays, but if you were to know me in person, if you were to speak with me, you'd find I'm nothing like I might type these posts. I avoid conversation and so if you WERE to speak with me our chat would be very short as I listen to whatever you might say, then struggle to find something meaningful to say back, fail to find it, and then instead rattle off something vague to either continue your line of thought or to exit from the conversation altogether, leaving both parties unsatisfied with that socialization beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I feel I've written this post before, maybe not in the same words but the same message definitely, some time long ago and I just can't remember. I guess I'm just a skipping record of despair.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:23:10 am by JoshuaFH »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50717 on: August 28, 2012, 12:59:06 am »

Y'know, I kinda miss my fleas. They were good company.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50718 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:39 am »

The only bottles of mouthwash left here are the purple "Intense Fire in your Mouth for 1 Minute" which takes too long and burnses, and the white "This Should Have Been A Toothpaste" which is really terrible tasting and makrs your mouth feel like it is all enamel.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50719 on: August 28, 2012, 03:39:06 am »

The only bottles of mouthwash left here are the purple "Intense Fire in your Mouth for 1 Minute" which takes too long and burnses, and the white "This Should Have Been A Toothpaste" which is really terrible tasting and makrs your mouth feel like it is all enamel.

...Feel like enamel? :-0 That's a new description to me...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50720 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:12 am »

DrPoo just contacted me on steam, sounds like he's in a huge depression. He feels like his posts are ignored here and his friends are going away... (friends thing not on the forum i believe). One of his parents broke his private router and the other is having health problems.

The broken router part was about me and Angel of Death's shared awesome friend"s shitty parents.
Im not that sad anymore. Schools stressing the living shit out of me. I cant really think of feelings. Since this makes me too busy for philosophy and writing it makes me sad.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50721 on: August 28, 2012, 07:27:03 am »

So, there's been a lot of rumors and gossip flowing around school concerning my group of friends at school. Since I've been pretty neutral with everyone, I'm now concerned if I've offended someone through carelessness.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50722 on: August 28, 2012, 02:06:54 pm »

Feel like punching a wall. Or would, if I had the motivation to.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50723 on: August 28, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »

That's a good way to break your hand. Got pillows?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50724 on: August 28, 2012, 02:13:49 pm »

Hey I didn't break my hand!
Too much...

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50725 on: August 28, 2012, 02:18:01 pm »

The Puncher of Faces speaks the truth.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50726 on: August 28, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »

Hey, if I break my hand, maybe my family will actually sympathize with something.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50727 on: August 28, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

Hey, if I break my hand, maybe my family will actually sympathize with something.
Or maybe they'll just ostracize you for punching a solid immovable object, and your hand would be broken.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50728 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »

Or maybe they'll just ostracize you for punching a solid immovable object, and your hand would be broken.
Or you punch the world so hard it moves solar system.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50729 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »

Technically it might, though less than an atom's width.
Pages: 1 ... 3380 3381 [3382] 3383 3384 ... 8167