Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449058 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45765 on: April 15, 2012, 01:13:48 am »

Rocky Road.

Or Phish Food.

Everyone loves Rocky Road/Phish Food.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45766 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:09 am »

Maybe we should go for something more practical here, like creating a 24/7 service to airlift her the ice cream of her choice by Apache helicopter?
Are those the armed kind? Load the wings with ice cream instead of missiles? Actually, yeah, I could see that happening. Rain delicious from above!

My sad: My eyes kind of sting from staring at screens all day. I can't look away from these shiny plastic boxes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45767 on: April 15, 2012, 02:38:42 am »

Maybe we should go for something more practical here, like creating a 24/7 service to airlift her the ice cream of her choice by Apache helicopter?
Are those the armed kind? Load the wings with ice cream instead of missiles? Actually, yeah, I could see that happening. Rain delicious from above!
I'm liking this line of thinking, we could have specialized strike teams that have guns that shoot ice cream.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45768 on: April 15, 2012, 03:22:13 am »

Lack of sleep due to having a continuous pain in my right eye.

Never before have I shed so many tears.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45769 on: April 15, 2012, 03:43:33 am »

My sad: My eyes kind of sting from staring at screens all day. I can't look away from these shiny plastic boxes.
Shiny plastic boxes are the bane of my existence.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45770 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50:02 am »

College entrance exams are coming, and I'm still not prepared.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45771 on: April 15, 2012, 05:09:16 am »

College entrance exams are coming, and I'm still not prepared.
Good luck man.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #45772 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:29 pm »

Exam tommorrow, kind of prepared, should be studying more, but I have this fucking headache it's freaking crippling, and the moment I grab a book I almost momentarily start yawning and getting sleepy :<
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45773 on: April 15, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »

Truean, I would like to preemptively apologize for the inevitable time when you return home from work, and find that your house has been flattened by a 10,000 gallon swimming pool filled with ice cream airdropped by all your loving friends from Bay12.

The only question is, what kind of ice cream really.

Right. Just let me get the cat out and increase the "act of ice cream" homeowner's policy or double the indemnity on my current one. "You heard me, I want my policy to cover me in the event that a large swimming pool full of iced cream falls from the sky and flattens my house.... No I don't think that's an oddly specific provision to put in an insurance contract. Incidentally, do you think I could get everything in place before exactly 4:27PM this Friday? ... No reason. No, no, don't hang up like the last 53 insurance representatives.... Put the lizard on the phone.... What do you mean what do I mean? The Gecko.... We all know he's there.... No, I'll have you know I'm not high, I'm drunk, mostly.... Also it should cover yogurt, sherbert, that gelato stuff, and custard, but only frozen custard, I'm not unreasonable.... Hello? Hello? Are you going to get the lizard now.... You're going to get the lizard now aren't you...? Hello? Mr. Gecko? Did anyone ever tell you you sound like a dial tone on the phone?  54...."

Look, guys, I know you want to cheer her up but you're all being a bit silly here, this swimming pool/stadium/caldera of ice cream is going to go off mighty fast. Maybe we should go for something more practical here, like creating a 24/7 service to airlift her the ice cream of her choice by Apache helicopter?

Just don't forget a spoon.

You are kidding about the cat shit right?

Lawful Neutral: The rules clearly state that you can and how you should mail cat shit....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What...? :P Somebody made that rule for a reason. They could've totally banned it if they wanted to.

Once you finish compiling the evidence give him one last chance to resign and put the money back. If he doesn't? Fuck. His. Shit. Up.

Your a great person who has to deal with too much shit, Truean. Keep going.

Na, I already gave him his one chance. He'll try to pin it on me if I give him another one. Besides, I'm betting he already spent it.

Thanks guys.... :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:04:36 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45774 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:53 pm »

Why are there rules for that xD

Just don't accidentally mail potentially infectious cat shit :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45775 on: April 15, 2012, 03:51:32 pm »

There's a different rule for that. Really, think about it for a second. How do you think all those blood, tissue and other samples get from the doctor or vet's office to the lab? But yes, I don't plan to.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:59:37 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #45776 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »

There's a different rule for that. Really, think about it for a second. How do you think all those blood, tissue and other samples get from the doctor or vet's office to the lab? But yes, I don't plan to.

'I cannot interfere with the directives regarding mailing some dickbat less than half a litre of cat shit'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45777 on: April 16, 2012, 10:35:25 am »

Man I feel stupid. All I wanted to do was call a business to confirm if they cut keys, and apparently I lost the ability to talk like a fucking human being at some point when the phone was ringing and made myself sound like a twat.

Godfuckingdamnitbrain.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45778 on: April 16, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

I'm seriously considering giving up at this whole "Make something of your life, MZ," pipe dream. With any luck, I'll pass two of the four classes I'm in this semester, and neither of them are programming. More likely, the only class I will pass this semester is Psychology, as I'm currently failing Math 119 (Applied Tech Math,) C++2 and Java. Procedural programming was fine, but the classes that I'm in now are doing things in the worst, most back-assward way possible. I'm not a professional programmer, but even I know that no one in the professional world uses Notepad to write code, and then compiles it from the console. It would be really nice to learn to use Netbeans or something useful. On top of that, every time someone tries to explain OOP to me, it feels like someone is just puking onto my brain. Feels like I'm never going to understand it.

My school does not offer any English/Writing/Journalism degrees, which I would be perfectly suited for, so I can't get into those programs.  :'(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45779 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

Any chance of pulling off a transfer?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 8167