Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 [3051] 3052 3053 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448136 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45750 on: April 14, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »

Different oppressive factions? DEMOCRATICALLY. ELECTED. GOVERMENT.  And this from one of the guys of the hawk lobby about the Lybian war, go figure.  Franco was a far worse butcher than Quaddaffi, and the Republicans had far lesser oppressive elements among them than the Lybian rebels do even now. I guess that when it lacks novelty it's not as cool to support it, right?
I don't remember supporting the Libyan rebels. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like me, I know how often a revolution just replaces one bad government with another bad government (and sometimes a very slightly better one).

I'm really not so sure democracy is something that's worth dying over, it's a pretty horrible form of government... if only the alternatives weren't worse.

I also think that if the republicans had won, democracy wouldn't have been something you'd see much of.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45751 on: April 15, 2012, 12:00:16 am »

Except, you know, the Republic already WAS a democracy. Even if they had become more authoritarian after the war, it's highly unlikely that they'd been any worse than the Moustached Wonder we actually got.

But maybe I'm wrong. Hey, he seems a nice guy in the pics...here's one posing with a friend.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45752 on: April 15, 2012, 12:13:56 am »

A man I trusted has stolen thousands of dollars from a non-profit he runs and I do the books for.... I asked him about it, and offered him the chance to rectify it if anything were to have been... misplaced.... He denied it. He doesn't know I can trace wire transfers. He is an MBA and thinks he is smarter than me; he is not. The dumb ass put it into his business' account, albeit indirectly. So, aside from the obvious, did he think he would get away with it, did he think I'd never catch him, or did he just not care? Book keepers brought down Al Capone but he's immune? No....

I am beginning to hate charismatic leaders. I am. My red flags start going up when they try to tell me to take a lesser role in things, or to "just record things" and not get involved in policy. a.) If anything goes wrong with the money, who do you think they're coming after first.... That'd be me as treasurer, so I have every right to a say in how shit goes, b.) All the work I do keeping track of this isn't so some fucker with a title can blow it, c.) I am a vengeful, pissed off, lonely, sad, and slowly growing ever more hateful person... You can't charm your way past me. I have lost the ability to be bullshitted .... I will smile and be cordial to his face and hate every single shred of him.

I hate him so much.... I will compile a large amount of evidence neatly cataloged, itemized, and summarized. It will be several pages and I suspect will take me about 13 hours to compile. I will turn it over to the police, the Ohio Bureau of Investigation, and the Ohio Attorney General who sues on behalf of charitable trusts. I'm good at that I suppose. Usually, the better to defend against it.... O, I'm far from "good," but I have rules, and certain standards, and certainly avoid things that come back on me.... That's right this moron's stupidity could potentially have come back on yours truly had I not caught it.

I have so much spite to give and now I have someone to give it to directly.... I'll be mailing him boxes of cat shit with just enough air freshener to avoid gagging the mail man, but not enough to spare him....

Yet, the negative publicity of this type can totally screw up a charity's image. Once a charity is seen as corrupt, it will do massive damage to the very cause that charity was set up to advance. Perhaps it's possible to do this quietly with him resigning, with or without a consent judgment from the Attorney General.... I suppose I'll have to see. His absence will hurt this organization, so would the place rather be a widow or a divorcee? This is yet more fucking work I am not getting paid for. Why is it everywhere I go I find nothing but assholes. Granted I'm not at all person of the year by a fucking long shot, but I don't steal from charities. Hell I could probably even get away with doing so, but fuck that. I do a lot of very wrong shit, but that's not on the list.

Et tu Brute'?

I just ... fucking.... Do not need this shit right now. Do not. Nopes. Trying to make so much stuff come together and just really?

Edit: BAAALLLLS! [sigh] One day I will learn to stop asking questions I may regret knowing the answers to. Let's see if the money is being taken care of properl.... Shit. [head desk]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:18:05 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45753 on: April 15, 2012, 12:19:36 am »

Once you finish compiling the evidence give him one last chance to resign and put the money back. If he doesn't? Fuck. His. Shit. Up.

Your a great person who has to deal with too much shit, Truean. Keep going.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45754 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

That fucking sucks Truean.

@ChairmanPoo
You may have a point, but I'm honestly not so sure.

I'm going to drop the subject now anyway.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45755 on: April 15, 2012, 12:32:19 am »

You are kidding about the cat shit right?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45756 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:41 am »

Truean, if there is anyone who ought to get all the hugs she can stand, it is you. I offer what I can via this ineffective electronic text-based interface. Which is to say, not a whole lot. Damn two-dimensional screens.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45757 on: April 15, 2012, 12:47:12 am »

I wish more smile-worthy things happened to or around you Truean.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45758 on: April 15, 2012, 12:51:48 am »

I vote we all pitch in and buy Truean a ... giant tub of ice cream.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45759 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:52 am »

I vote we all pitch in and buy Truean a ... giant tub of ice cream.

How big of a tub are we talking about here? Ranging from Half-gallon tub, to bath tub.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45760 on: April 15, 2012, 01:03:48 am »

I'm in favor of Olympic swimming pool, you'd need that much to account for all the random crap life hurls her way.

Okay, maybe that was a poor choice of words.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45761 on: April 15, 2012, 01:05:16 am »

Haha, you think small! We need to go bigger, megaproject it up. M'sayin' either enclosed stadium or caldera.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45762 on: April 15, 2012, 01:09:02 am »

Truean, I would like to preemptively apologize for the inevitable time when you return home from work, and find that your house has been flattened by a 10,000 gallon swimming pool filled with ice cream airdropped by all your loving friends from Bay12.

The only question is, what kind of ice cream really.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45763 on: April 15, 2012, 01:11:33 am »

Why choose? We have the volume to include a 5x5x5 meter block of every flavor.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45764 on: April 15, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

Look, guys, I know you want to cheer her up but you're all being a bit silly here, this swimming pool/stadium/caldera of ice cream is going to go off mighty fast. Maybe we should go for something more practical here, like creating a 24/7 service to airlift her the ice cream of her choice by Apache helicopter?
Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 [3051] 3052 3053 ... 8167