Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439622 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45105 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »

The sheer frequency of bullshit that happens to or near you Truean is frankly astonishing.

I just assume that it's part of being a lawyer.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45106 on: March 24, 2012, 08:30:20 pm »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:29:37 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45107 on: March 24, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »

Truean is not a lawyer.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45108 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:28 pm »

Truean is not a lawyer.
Truen is the John

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45109 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »

Truean is not a lawyer.

Oh.  Well then, Truean, what is it exactly that you do?  I always just assumed that he was a lawyer or worked very closely with court room law.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45110 on: March 24, 2012, 09:00:26 pm »

Truean is not a lawyer.
Truen is the John
Oh.  Well then, Truean, what is it exactly that you do?  I always just assumed that he was a lawyer or worked very closely with court room law.

They're too kind.

Often much to my dismay, I am a lawyer. I think he means this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Baptist#Death, in reference to the "do not shoot the messenger," bit. :P Hence  a large reason for the jadedness on my part.

I also manage some bands, and do book keeping, and I'm helping a friend start sort of a seamstress thing. Also, I'm fabulous. I'm a sinner; I'm a saint.  :) I don't care.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:16:59 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45111 on: March 24, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »

But Truean, how do you know for sure that the human race is composed of 99% idiots?

Oh, wait, experience. Right.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45112 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »

Our team didn't get picked for the final alliances. On the upside we continued the tradition of pouring large amounts of salt in each others drinks after the match.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45113 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:38 pm »

Also, I'm fabulous. :)
You're a woman on the internet. You're either fabolous and know it or you have crippling self esteem issues. Since you obviously aren't the latter, I thought the former was sort of a given.

Our team didn't get picked for the final alliances. On the upside we continued the tradition of pouring large amounts of salt in each others drinks after the match.
Oh bummer. My team only got to the final alliances once. (we could only go to one FIRST competition a season). We lost our first match. It was glorious.

People not listening to advice is sort of a theme, I'm taking it. I've noticed a similar theme, although I'm not going to go so far as to claim that everybody who doesn't listen to my advice is a moron, bad things seem to happen to the people who ignore my advice. Just a theme I'm noticing.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45114 on: March 24, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

You're a woman on the internet. You're either fabolous and know it or you have crippling self esteem issues. Since you obviously aren't the latter, I thought the former was sort of a given.

O be ye not fooled, I've got lots of the second one, especially being trans but it's usually overpowered by that jadedness thing. :) Thank you though.

But Truean, how do you know for sure that the human race is composed of 99% idiots?

Oh, wait, experience. Right.

Scientists call it "observation;" your mom called it paying attention and told ya to do it :P.

But yeah, I'm admittedly jaded in new and interesting shades of green.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:22:23 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45115 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:17 pm »

Truean is vengeance.

Truean is the night.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45116 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:55 pm »

She is the bat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45117 on: March 24, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

At the same time, I've been told by people around here not to hang around their daughters because I'm gay and thus "no good for them" [bursts out laughing]. Every time I do something people find objectionable as an attorney, I just remember that and I don't feel a thing.
Harrumph. They're half-right, in that you prefer men, but I was pretty sure that straight women commonly become friends with one another. Some people...  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45118 on: March 24, 2012, 11:42:48 pm »

I don't swear to God. I swear to Truean.

Seriously, though, Truean, you are amazingly tough given the pile of shit you have to put up with in your life, which could be more aptly termed an abnormally large asteroid. Good luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45119 on: March 25, 2012, 01:11:03 am »

O be ye not fooled, I've got lots of the second one, especially being trans but it's usually overpowered by that jadedness thing. :) Thank you though.
Oh, no worries about that, my dear. I would do horrible, fun things with you given the chance. Like listen to showtunes. Especially if they're by Dee Snider.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 8167