Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715] 2716 2717 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434670 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40710 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:31 pm »

Every night I walk in back alleys carrying a knife slice slice cut cut om nom nom

Ugh I was reading about serial killers a couple days ago, it's disturbing but interesting.

And I started looking at colleges and I still don't have any idea what I want to do. I used to want to be a biologist or something similar, but now I'm considering a system admin or other IT type of degree. But yeah, it just drives me crazy that I'm supposed to choose what the majority of my life will be about in just 3-4 years from now, max. And then there's the whole money part of going to college, which will suck unless I can get lots of scholarships. And even then it'll suck.
Still no idea what I want to do after three years of classes. Doesn't help that advisors suggested I try out a number of things but registered me for generic classes every degree would use and ultimately railroaded me down a general education course.
Something will come up.
BECOME AN ENGINEER LIKE ME
Do you solve problems like "What is beauty?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40711 on: December 13, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

For some reason everything except the forum refuses to load. I don't know what this is.
That's odd, last week it was everything loading EXCEPT FOR Bay12.
5 seconds later, 504
*Hugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40712 on: December 13, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »

For some reason everything except the forum refuses to load. I don't know what this is.
5 seconds later, 504
How did you know?!  :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #40713 on: December 13, 2011, 07:04:31 pm »

My eyes feel like they are going to bleed.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40714 on: December 13, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

Female Friend from childhood stumbles into finding me online. She was awesome when we were kids.
Can't really be honest with her though, cause she's from a family that does not like "teh geays." I need to get a read on her and see if she's trust... able (trustworthy, we're gonna say I said that) with all my various weirdnesseseseses.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40715 on: December 13, 2011, 07:27:53 pm »

Just one more final, this will be the fifth in a row argh.  Bring it on Calculus.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #40716 on: December 13, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »

So fucking cold.

Buy spiced wine.

Heat spiced wine.

Drink warm wine.

Happy.
Might work, if I actually liked wine. As it is, a hot meal and an extensive blabber with friends has done a fair job of getting rid of it, aside from the walk home.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40717 on: December 13, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

Frack frack frack studying frack frack frack emotional exhaustion frack frack frack.

Okay, by the way guys, for the record, I fucking hate being this age.  I'm actually considering take a year and a half or something working in industry before I move on to trying to slaughter and bake my PhD.  Time figuring out how to be independent sounds like a good idea before moving on to The Big Test.

It's like my brain is going through a second puberty or something.  I've gone back to sleeping 10 hours a night, being randomly weepy and emotional, and waking up with new, weird thoughts that I don't quite understand.  I'm certainly not depressed... I just feel like my head is doing things I can't see

Pfeh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40718 on: December 13, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »

Frack frack frack studying frack frack frack emotional exhaustion frack frack frack.
I hear ya sister. Not a fan of this week at all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40719 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:39 pm »

5 seconds later, 504
How did you know?!  :o
ALL HAIL THE MERCHANT OF PROPHECY!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40720 on: December 13, 2011, 08:11:19 pm »

There's thing I miss about college, but Finals Week is definitely not one of them.

Okay, by the way guys, for the record, I fucking hate being this age.  I'm actually considering take a year and a half or something working in industry before I move on to trying to slaughter and bake my PhD.  Time figuring out how to be independent sounds like a good idea before moving on to The Big Test.

I honestly wouldn't if I were you.  Everyone I've ever known, everyone I ever met, every friend I had who had these kinds of thoughts did the exact same thing.  I'll take a year out to find myself / get my foot in my industry / collect my thoughts and live a little, then I'll go back and finish school.  Every single one never goes back.  Or if they do, it's like ten or twenty years later when they're desperate for a career change, after their stint in real life landed them a job they want nothing to do with.

I hated being your age, I still hate being this age.  And I can tell you that if your plan is to try to work in your or any industry for a year before diving back into college, you could easily spend a year just fighting for an opening, as I have (with no end in sight).  Keep going.  Keep going to school while you still can and you still have the time and support you need.  Life will still be there, but the opportunity, let alone your will to do it, may-to-probably won't be.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40721 on: December 13, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »

I used to hate being 25 honestly. Then I realized despite feeling old (Yeah i know it's not old shut up) I look 14 at most still according to friends and family. So... Yay?

Thankfully people believe my ID now too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40722 on: December 13, 2011, 08:18:59 pm »

I went back. A year in dead-end menial jobs was enough to convince me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40723 on: December 13, 2011, 08:36:21 pm »

There's thing I miss about college, but Finals Week is definitely not one of them.

I honestly wouldn't if I were you.  Everyone I've ever known, everyone I ever met, every friend I had who had these kinds of thoughts did the exact same thing.  I'll take a year out to find myself / get my foot in my industry / collect my thoughts and live a little, then I'll go back and finish school.  Every single one never goes back.  Or if they do, it's like ten or twenty years later when they're desperate for a career change, after their stint in real life landed them a job they want nothing to do with.

I hated being your age, I still hate being this age.  And I can tell you that if your plan is to try to work in your or any industry for a year before diving back into college, you could easily spend a year just fighting for an opening, as I have (with no end in sight).  Keep going.  Keep going to school while you still can and you still have the time and support you need.  Life will still be there, but the opportunity, let alone your will to do it, may-to-probably won't be.
On the other hand... Well, actually, this is a good point. I can't argue against it completely. If you take some sort of break, my recommendation would be to get accepted and defer enrollment (that way you have an incentive to go at the end of the year in question) and to seek employment in the same location as your planned school, but that's because it's what I'm doing so it's hardly unbiased advice. Your own decisionmaking more important etc etc.

From a personal happiness standpoint, though, if you CAN get a steady job that pays well enough, holy crap it's amazing. I'm doing boring stuff (deliveries, though, not clerical work), but it's the kind that lets me do a lot of thinking and still get exercise, so even though the job isn't particularly fulfilling and would therefore be a terrible choice of career, it's more or less exactly what I need right now. And every payday it's like, "Oh my god, I have all the monies." Although I haven't yet actually re-entered school, so I have done nothing to counter Aqizzar's statements about the likelihood of going back.

Rambling post, GO!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40724 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:26 pm »

Working for a living sucks. We need to build robots to do all the menial stuff so we can all sit around and be a caste of decadent philosophers and whatnot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715] 2716 2717 ... 8167