Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2448 2449 [2450] 2451 2452 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447363 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36735 on: September 11, 2011, 12:08:04 am »

Chugging along with life, everything's good, I'm getting my homework and stuff scheduled well, making some new friends in classes, life is happiness and rainbows.

Then, within 3 days, I get: a metric ton of Calculus homework that will most likely inhibit any social functioning whatsoever; my parents both telling me I need to get my homework done, be social, work on my currently-horrible diet, and still do the bunch of chores they have for me; and a call from my youth pastor saying that there are a bunch of people who miss me as I haven't shown up in a few days due to - ha ha, homework - and I couldn't hang up until I had somehow been wormed into promising to show up for youth group Sunday. And now I'm left here wondering: how the hell am I going to find time for all that and still manage to do important things like sleep and spend enough time alone that I don't end up being a socially awkward buffoon in public.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36736 on: September 11, 2011, 05:39:16 am »

Euld, having recently read the part of the bible in which it does speak about that, I can tell you that the sign of a true Christian is one who speaks boringly enough that he can put people to sleep.
And raise people back to life after they fall out of the windows? :P
Or just say that you did :P

Incidentally, there is a new testament tale about a young man who falls asleep during someone's sermon (prolly St Paul or one of that lot), and as a consequence falls through a window

Which is less a story about listening to the word of God as it is about not falling asleep when perched on an open window.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36737 on: September 11, 2011, 06:57:39 am »

Euld, having recently read the part of the bible in which it does speak about that, I can tell you that the sign of a true Christian is one who speaks boringly enough that he can put people to sleep.
And raise people back to life after they fall out of the windows? :P
Or just say that you did :P

Incidentally, there is a new testament tale about a young man who falls asleep during someone's sermon (prolly St Paul or one of that lot), and as a consequence falls through a window

Which is exactly the story we're talking about :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36738 on: September 11, 2011, 10:23:22 am »

Fuck you Florentine, I thought you would be like Lorraine with spinach, not a fucking pile of terrible crap.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36739 on: September 11, 2011, 01:16:28 pm »

Zero will to do homework. Bluh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36740 on: September 11, 2011, 01:20:04 pm »

I got up at 2 in the afternoon this today, which means that my circadian rhythms are finally messed up in only 2 days and I have college work to do today that's due tomarrow and it's going to be a bitch doing it in time without further hurting my circadian rythms fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fu~

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #36741 on: September 11, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »

Doing homework, need to print this out when done, so have to go to my mother's place when I've written one more page of this novel, or it'd have been in vain since it HAS to be there at 08:10 tomorrow, printed out neatly. God, gief me a printer x|

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36742 on: September 11, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »

Seeing an elderly Chilean expat being told in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up under threat of being thrown out of the establishment for talking about the "wrong" 9/11*.

*Pinochet's coup.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36743 on: September 11, 2011, 02:02:31 pm »

I, too, have a homework-related complaint.

Having spent the morning reading Rousseau, Locke, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, and Montesquieu, I am about to do some German homework and then I have The Whale to read.

If only I were reading Moby Dick.  If only.

Why don't any of my majors have story-telling in them?  I like stories...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36744 on: September 11, 2011, 02:16:31 pm »

I didn't even take an English course because screw that.  I'm not going to read books that bore the fuck out of me and then have to write some even longer book about it.  I don't need it for my major and if I had to take an English course for whatever reason I would take one that has some basis on current topics and subjects.

That of course, not being 9/11 because people need to get over that, seriously.  Maybe I'm a too forgiving person but I think I can forgive some people who are probably already dead.  I don't really want to be angry when that could cause a back-and-forth stupid fighting.  I really don't want that.  I'll go all Oyashiro-sama on you and take everybody else's blame if I have to because it's just better off that way.  I'm sorry people that have been dead for ten years if you're angry with me you can attack me if you want.  :\

Now what I'm curious to see is if 9/11 will be repeatedly made into a video game level just like D-Day or some generic WW2 shit.  That would be just wow what.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36745 on: September 11, 2011, 02:25:19 pm »

I'll go all Oyashiro-sama
I'll go all O...-sama
I'll go all Osama
YOU ARE TEH TERRORISTZ!!!1!!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36746 on: September 11, 2011, 02:30:27 pm »

I am the honorary King!  Wow why does that work so well.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36747 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »

If only I were reading Moby Dick.  If only.
The situation is dire, indeed, then! Although Ahab's philosophical moods were interesting, I suppose.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36748 on: September 11, 2011, 02:56:18 pm »

It's actually one of my favorite books >____________________<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36749 on: September 11, 2011, 03:05:36 pm »

The reality of my injury is coming crashing down on me again. I just can't stop crying :*(
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 2448 2449 [2450] 2451 2452 ... 8167