Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 [2448] 2449 2450 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447505 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36705 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:53 pm »

Oooh. Even if he didn't that game sounds great. Although it sounds like he did.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:37:32 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36706 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:34 pm »

When I can't see the rain, thunder scares me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36707 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »

is it because it sounds like gunshots or something?

EDIT: God my avatar never fits what I'm saying.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36708 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »

It's partially that, but also just the "loud noise with unknown source" factor.  "Is that my neighbors rolling out the garbage cans?  Why are they doing that on Friday night?  Is it a car?  No, that doesn't sound like a car... what is it?"

It's freaky when you can't hear the rain on the roof!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36709 on: September 09, 2011, 11:23:53 pm »

I don't know, I find it rather comforting, even without rain. Although it is soo much nicer with the rain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36710 on: September 10, 2011, 01:48:13 am »

Other things I dislike today: being tired at midnight.  I have to get up tomorrow morning and really work my ass off, get the homework for next week done and all that jazz.

Faugh.  School's barely started and I'm already feeling too tired.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36711 on: September 10, 2011, 02:10:13 am »

is it because it sounds like gunshots or something?

EDIT: God my avatar never fits what I'm saying.
Heliman, if your avatar that you have right now EVER matches what you are saying, stop and think about your life and what led to that moment because it will probably bring up a repressed memory and everything works out fine. Hurray!

EDIT: I guess I should clarify, no matter how many times I look at your avatar and tell myself that it's a red marker, I still think of it as lipstick. That adds so much creepiness to it for me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:18:28 am by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36712 on: September 10, 2011, 02:25:23 am »

At some point the weekend stopped being long and started feeling painfully short.

I think I may need to go work on a farm again next summer, because this shit just ain't right.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36713 on: September 10, 2011, 02:41:11 am »

Weekends always feel short when you have a ton of stuff you are worried about. I'll agree with you about the farm thing, never had times as swell as helping with farm work.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36714 on: September 10, 2011, 02:45:48 am »

Yeah.  I have to pretty much read all of Leviathan this weekend, or at least I really, really should.

I don't want to.

Dunno, really.  I think that if I worked harder, I'd enjoy my time off a hell of a lot more.  So I'm trying that out to see what happens.

EDIT: Fuck, that's not what I mean.  I mean work less hard, relax more while I'm doing it, just... enjoy the time going by.

I am way too depressed right now for absolutely no reason at all.  It's just a lull, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:00:10 am by Vector »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36715 on: September 10, 2011, 02:54:04 am »

Fuck. I managed to hurt my back AGAIN. Back pain is my least favourite type of pain.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36716 on: September 10, 2011, 03:38:51 am »

So... the rain-less lightning belonging to the thunder Vector heard earlier tonight lit a 2-alarm fire in the forest on the mountain I live on/at the base.

It's on the other side (walnut creek) but what a way to end an amazing weekend filled with new and old friends and controlled burning things at a beach with mochi ice cream and warbled singing to pass the 4 hour drive? I miss everyone already.

Oh, and my glasses (the frame) broke because I got hit in the face. It's actually more funny than sad. Some ass in Tahoe asked for my wallet, so I asked him to fuck off.

Now I have black Harry Potter glasses held together by white tape - they're oh-so-ironic-hipstery! I needed new ones anyhow. Pics and videos of the weekend to come if I can motivate myself.

EDIT - I still have my wallet too, and that guy... well let's just say he's taken care of.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:44:43 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36717 on: September 10, 2011, 04:50:55 am »

So, I'm working on a little personal project that may or may not ever be a thing (which I'm fine with), and I decide I want a quote from Stalin about soldiers, but I don't know one off hand.  So I Google "stalin on soldiers", and this is the third result, hot off the presses as it were.  It's work safe by the way (get your minds out of the gutter), just retarded.  Fuck you Internet, or 21st century, or something.

So... the rain-less lightning belonging to the thunder Vector heard earlier tonight lit a 2-alarm fire in the forest on the mountain I live on/at the base.

Wow, that really sucks.  My area of Texas has luckily been spared this year's storm of wildfires, but I've seen them in action before and that is never something to be taken lightly.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36718 on: September 10, 2011, 05:15:36 am »

So, I'm working on a little personal project that may or may not ever be a thing (which I'm fine with), and I decide I want a quote from Stalin about soldiers, but I don't know one off hand.  So I Google "stalin on soldiers", and this is the third result, hot off the presses as it were.  It's work safe by the way (get your minds out of the gutter), just retarded.  Fuck you Internet, or 21st century, or something.

Quotes by Stalin for you. There are quotes about army/soldiers mixed as well there.

Oh and WikiQuotes, but there are more speeches and explanations than actual quotes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:30:38 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36719 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:30 am »

Went to the local fair, and ran into a friend from church and his wife.  I was with my brother and his wife.  Said hi, they asked how I was, I said introductions, then immediately said friend says "bye" and off they go.  No "can't stay, gotta go, see ya later" or "we're in a hurry, can't stay," just "bye" and there they go.

Fine, so I have issues with conversations, I'm sorry.  I never took that special class that taught everyone to be dapper, charming, able to keep a conversation going and somehow read everyone's minds and intentions to know what to say next.  I'm awkward, ok?  I thought that was ok for church people.  Or practically the whole point.  I guess not.  I've had so many issues with that church, especially with people making cliques.  And I've always been excluded from them all.  Sure a few people will talk with me, but that number has been dropping more and more these days.  Their last attempt to include me felt painfully like pity.

I went to a church for four years during college, and the first day I joined in, they treated me like one of the guys.  I wasn't some strange college kid, they knew I was Christian and that was more than enough.  Those people were amazing, and taught me about acceptance.  Then within a few months of my graduation, they lost their church building due to lack of funds.  But they keep preaching cheerfully in a school auditorium elsewhere.  And the church I'm giving up on now has been running for... probably ten years or more, cliques and all.
Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 [2448] 2449 2450 ... 8167