Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448428 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36210 on: September 01, 2011, 05:47:00 am »

As a foreveralone-guy I'm not fit to give you any advice.
Best of luck though.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36211 on: September 01, 2011, 06:00:54 am »

I'd give you relationship advice but I don't feel love =(

I'm totally good for giving you a BS assumptions though, so hear me out a bit.
It sounds like you're mixing up excitement with love. You can long for both, but excitement needs regular dosages of adrenaline. If you fear that if your relationship becomes mundane grr will stop loving you, then grr might not have really been in love with you to begin with.
Still, the only way to figure that out for sure is to ride this thing out like a man. Sure, this may end in a bitter breakup, but if you don't gamble you'll never get your jackpot.

Even in gambling, you gotta know when to hold them and when to fold them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36212 on: September 01, 2011, 06:08:54 am »

I've had an ear infection (very painful) for about a day now, I woke up this morning and the infected ear (my left) has completely swollen and closed up. I can't hear anything out of it anymore.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36213 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:36 am »

So why you so slow, desktop? Why is my netbook better than you?

Why

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36214 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:20 am »

I've had an ear infection (very painful) for about a day now, I woke up this morning and the infected ear (my left) has completely swollen and closed up. I can't hear anything out of it anymore.

You took mine away from me.

Thank you.

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36215 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:56 am »

A friend of mine has suddenly started having seizures randomly and temporarily losing their memory. Just last night we were at a party and she lost four entire years of her life from her memory for about 15 minutes and forgot who the hell I was, or anyone else which absolutely terrified her. Doctors have told her that it's nothing to do with epilepsy or other brain damage, the possibility of the latter being what had everyone worried, but that it's basically because she's desperately trying to avoid thinking about something stressful in the near past. And now I feel terrible because it's a horrifying situation for her to be in and there isn't anything I can do to help her.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36216 on: September 01, 2011, 07:41:44 am »

I am sad about causing internet drama all the times..
and that every other geek i know is in a relationship, its hummilliating..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36217 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:11 am »

My mom suggested (AKA demanded) I apply for McDonalds.  I did so, and McDonalds already scheduled an interview the day after I applied.  Now mom is telling me anything they offer will be crappy, and either I should find a way to gracefully decline/delay any job offers, or not take the job.  Thanks mom ._.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36218 on: September 01, 2011, 09:35:04 am »

I've sort of been thinking of breaking up with my girlfriend.
It isn't that things aren't working out or anything, I like her and all, but she just feels more like a close friend now than a girlfriend. We went on a picnic today, and it was nice, and we both had fun, but it didn't have the same rush as when we first started dating. I've just gotten to know her too well, and know that things will just become mundane over time.
She is a sweet girl, and I don't want to break her heart, but I don't want to be dishonest and continue going out with her if I'm not really that in it, especially as she has been so tolerant and supportive lately. She deserves a guy who can reflect her feelings, and as much as I want a close friendship, it just isn't me.
I don't know what to do. Dating is hard.

Relationships always cool down after the the drugs that your brain produces wear off. It doesn't necessarily mean you don't love her anymore or that things are doomed to end horribly. A "close friend" is a vital part of making a really long term relationship work, its far better than having the endorphins of love wear off and finding that you don't have anything in common with her. I can't really offer you advice on where you should go with that, but this feeling you have does not mean that you need to end your relationship or even transform it into "just friends".
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36219 on: September 01, 2011, 11:53:35 am »

My mom suggested (AKA demanded) I apply for McDonalds.  I did so, and McDonalds already scheduled an interview the day after I applied.  Now mom is telling me anything they offer will be crappy, and either I should find a way to gracefully decline/delay any job offers, or not take the job.  Thanks mom ._.
This is actually not as unreasonable as it seems. McDonalds stores (and most businesses with that sort of employee base) generally either do interviews in a large batch (for when many people are needed) or when the resturant is critically understaffed, but accept applications continually. Thus, it's quite rare to get an immedate interview. However, the act of applying for a job in and of itself makes it easier to apply for more positions, both due to increased confidence and increased familiarity with what the process requires. A lot of people (including professional job search classes) reccomend fast-food applications for this reason. Your mom probably was trying to get you into the applying mindset because so many seasonal jobs are about to open up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36220 on: September 01, 2011, 02:51:50 pm »

You really need to stand up to your mother. You are far too old to be bullied by your parents.

In my sad news, someone else faked attraction to me at school today. Luckily, I've never actually taken the bait on these things, and since I didn't know the girl in question the whole ruse fell apart fairly quickly. It just makes me really sad that people feel the need to do stuff like that. It's pointless, and likely would be hurtful to a more sociable individual than myself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36221 on: September 01, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »

How do you know she faked it? and why did she fake it?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36222 on: September 01, 2011, 03:02:46 pm »

How do you know she faked it?
She admitted as such when I questioned why a total stranger would suddenly do such a thing.
and why did she fake it?
I think she knows this other girl who enjoys trying (without success, over a three year period) to mess with me. Otherwise, I don't know.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36223 on: September 01, 2011, 03:12:12 pm »

I haven't been able to do anything constructive today due to being distracted by hunger. I can't focus... I'm not very surprised since I'm probably only eating 1000 calories or less a day. At least I'm getting results in my weight loss now though.
My personality profile.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36224 on: September 01, 2011, 03:37:44 pm »

Big day tommorrow, doing my driving exam, the one that will allow me to roam the roads freely.Other than that i am participating in a festival, leading a book corner with friends, by all means i should be freaking excited, but instead i'm kind of tired (that is expected, the preparations weren't exactly easy or short) and feeling really crappy, i have no reason to really, but i am, so fuck yeah, human psychology, screwing with me ever since i breathe -.-'
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 ... 8167