Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437127 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36045 on: August 28, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »

Counterstrike makes me mad.  I'm a normal human with normal human reflexes and everyone else in this game is a twelve year old crack addict who can't shoot anything but people's heads.

Sounds like my run-ins with TF2. Even on a friendly server like DFC, I get beaten like a red-headed stepchild. Even the training bots beat me up and steal my lunch money.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36046 on: August 28, 2011, 08:07:21 pm »

Speaking of TF2... I really wanna get rid of this stupid ellis hat. But no one really wants it. .<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36047 on: August 28, 2011, 08:13:57 pm »

Power outage last night and most of today. Normally not a problem, but the power came on just as my father came home so I could not hook up a cable from the modern to my computer for a web connection necessary for updates. And I think my first class starts tomorrow.

Oh, yeah I should probably prepare for that. Dammit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36048 on: August 28, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »

I will probably never be able to find a RL group willing to play Dungeons: The Dragoning, and I'm unsure if it's suited to online... Plus I'd need to find somebody to run it, because my current character concept would be far less fun as an NPC of some kind.

I've got to finish reading the rulebook. After I'm done, I could see about trying to learn how to program an IRCbot, then maybe try doing a DF Irc game. It'd be my first real game run, though, so don't expect it to be top quality :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36049 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:59 pm »

Hey, as long as my Dragonborn Daemonhost Swashbuckler (probably won't actually have a level in it, but I'll be trying to be on the way) crimelord (or whatever other silly idea I have between now and then) fits in, I'm game.

Fun Fact: Theoretically, you can do better by not being proficient with your weapon. Nonproficiency makes you roll a Characteristic test (the Characteristic used isn't specified in the attack rules, so I'm slightly confused), while a proficient character rolls a skill test with no associated characteristic, so if your (say) Weaponry skill is 1 dot, but your Strength is 3 dots, you will swing a sword better if you aren't trained. At least, if I'm reading these rules right.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:34:21 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36050 on: August 28, 2011, 09:08:49 pm »

Hey, as long as my Dragonborn Daemonhost Swashbuckler (probably won't actually have a level in it, but I'll be trying to be on the way) crimelord (or whatever other silly idea I have between now and then) fits in, I'm game.

Fun Fact: Theoretically, you can do better by not being proficient with your weapon. Nonproficiency makes you roll a Characteristic test (the Characteristic used isn't specified in the attack rules, so I'm slightly confused), while a proficient character rolls a skill test with no associated characteristic, so if your (say) Weaponry skill is 1 dot, but your Strength is 3 dots, you will swing a sword better if you aren't trained. At least, if I'm reading these rules right.

So it's like a Beginner's Luck stat?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36051 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:00 pm »

I'll check over the rules, see if you might have missed something.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36052 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:56 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36053 on: August 28, 2011, 09:55:44 pm »

I can't wait till I leave home again, so I don't have to put up with small children, smelly animals, and having to babysit my crippled Mom.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36054 on: August 29, 2011, 12:37:55 am »

My dad is going into surgery to clean up an infection after his heart transplant. He may or may not lose his sternum irreparably.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36055 on: August 29, 2011, 01:00:15 am »

I feel like my feet have been crushed. Goddamn innersoles are broken again ::)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36056 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:06 am »

Holy crap! Pain, pain!!! Bad pain! I pull something in my knee, and not if my leg isn't straight it hurts like high hell. Not good, not at all.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36057 on: August 29, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

what were you doing when that happened?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36058 on: August 29, 2011, 03:08:55 am »

Laying down, watching tv, relaxing, then tried to stand up, and OH MY GWAD DA P41N!!!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36059 on: August 29, 2011, 03:33:27 am »

My father is being a total asshole again. It's like he wishes to see me fail.
Not leaving my room until he goes to work.
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 8167