Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430208 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35925 on: August 26, 2011, 09:07:47 pm »

I've discovered the saddest webcomic. That's a reasonably representative sample, I am thinking.

Why can't I stop laughing at these things.

EDIT: I take it back, the only possible response here is "D'awwww"
That is a really interesting style for a webcomic. I think the best description of it would be a series of small thoughts inaudibly half-whispered to one's self in a solitary moment.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35926 on: August 26, 2011, 09:08:51 pm »

I hate to say it, but have you tried just going to Best Buy and asking if they have any copies of XP laying around?  They can't be hard to get, and there's still tons of computers that use it.  I dunno how much it'd cost, but it can't be much.
I called.

It's $150 to do a repair service. This includes just installing the OS.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35927 on: August 26, 2011, 09:14:58 pm »

Or you might as well just rate it 3,14 and call it a day, duke. Thats a lot of money
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35928 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »

It is Friday night.  I have no serious homework.

I am currently studying German.

I don't really know.  I feel kind of lonely... maybe I'll call up my mom or something, read a book.  I feel sort of like something is missing.

This is all being compounded by the fact that Professor Honeydew is exactly the sort of person I would absolutely love to be friends with, but again we are separated by age and power structures.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35929 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »

Man, I regret not learning how to do that whole telekinesis thing. Had I, there would be offers of hugs. Also, pranks, but probably not aimed at you. More aimed toward trolling the scientific community. For starters, a teapot in orbit around the Sun.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35930 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:46 pm »

Yeah, hugs would be nice >:I

[hug]

Also, making Russel's Teapot happen would also make me very, very happy.  It would be spectacular.

(Suddenly, Mathstuck idea)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35931 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:40 pm »

I just spent the last three hours running around trying to get my father medical treatment after he stood up into a counter and acquired a rather dramatically bleeding but ultimately superficial head wound.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35932 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:13 pm »

Now that I think about it, putting a teapot into space may actually be feasible on a small budget. Russel's Teapot not only doesn't specify a minimum size, but actually favors a size as small as possible. A miniature teapot about the size of a grain of sand could probably be done for a few thousand. The Falcon 9 rockets have a to-LEO price of about $7000 per kg; though the most difficult bit would be convincing other companies with spare room on their mission to allow you to shove your mini-rocket into the payload, as it's a very small price while increasing their mission's risk. Using a very small, lightweight design, a simple solar powered electric propulsion engine could probably be done with a few hundred grams and still have enough power to leave earth orbit (starting from the LEO of the Falcon 9 rocket). Best of all, it would be too small for any sort of tracking devices, so you would never be quite sure if it actually reached or remained in orbit around the sun. :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:24:28 pm by alway »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35934 on: August 26, 2011, 10:37:07 pm »

Whole thing is just... feh. Humans.
There is even a Screenshot of the thing before it was deleted, to get an idea of what we're dealing with here.

It's nice seeing that a majority of the comments are discouraging negative comments towards this person, knowing all the crap that can cause a person to do something like this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35935 on: August 26, 2011, 11:15:53 pm »

I read that and went D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35936 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:11 am »

10 PM -> too exhausted to contemplate staying awake.

Tomorrow -> One hell of a lot of work.

Well, let's get going, I guess.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35937 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:50 am »

My friend wants to get us into a pro League of Legends tournament to make thousands of dollars.  We spent all night getting our heads handed to us in normal and ranked games.  Yeah I'm going to tell him off, and say he should get a job or get to work on that flash game we wanted to make...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35938 on: August 27, 2011, 03:53:17 am »

Dear Brain,

I'd appreciate it if I'd stop having dreams about my High School girlfriend being in situations where I can't avoid seeing her and feel crushingly ashamed and pathetic. That's so in the past it's not even funny. Fuck you.

Sincerely, your host body,

Josh

P.S. Also, stop making me drool on my pillows, what's even up with that? I never used to do that before, but now I wake up to a deluge of saliva each morning.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35939 on: August 27, 2011, 04:24:57 am »

Ugh, new burn~
Not really an issue, but my roommate is so annoying about burns that I just cover them in large sports band-aids and pass them off as scratches or scrapes~ :\
Of course, it's really a shitty way to dress a burn wound~
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 8167