Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429284 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35940 on: August 27, 2011, 04:26:23 am »

If you burn yourself regularly, get an aloe plant. That helps a lot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35941 on: August 27, 2011, 04:35:09 am »

Ugh, new burn~
Not really an issue, but my roommate is so annoying about burns that I just cover them in large sports band-aids and pass them off as scratches or scrapes~ :\
Of course, it's really a shitty way to dress a burn wound~
....Your roommate has a.....problem with people having burn wounds?

Furthermore, how are you regularly getting burn wounds? When it comes to minor injuries, burns are fairly uncommon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35942 on: August 27, 2011, 04:38:32 am »

Cooking, mostly~
High pain tolerance means I hardly feel it when I press my arm against a toaster oven, or hot knife~
I've gotten a few from working with corrosive chemicals, too, but I don't do that very often~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35943 on: August 27, 2011, 04:41:40 am »

There's high pain tolerance, and then there's abnormal pain tolerance. Not being able to immediately feel red-hot metal touching you is the latter. If you haven't been to a doctor about this, you should go soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35944 on: August 27, 2011, 04:57:46 am »

Against my better judgment, I decided to give Wii Resort: Table Tennis another try.

I succeed in demolishing pretty much every single npc opponent up until I hit 1500 skill points. Up until the magical number 1500, the world was my oyster. Once you hit 1500 though, there is only ONE opponent waiting for you: Lucia, the Table Tennis champion.

Lucia is a young, left-handed girl, clearly still in her teens, sporting pigtails and a flowery dress, and she will mercilessly pummel your sorry ass into the ground over and over again.

Basically, each opponent before Lucia can pass themselves off as a human player, that occasionally makes mistakes, and has bad habits that can be exploited.

Lucia, on the other hand, is superhuman. She is clearly where the game designers thought to themselves "You know what? Fuck the player." and made her a nearly perfect Table Tennis player. She moves at double your speed, has godlike precision, impervious reflexes, she hits her balls harder, brushes off smashes, hits chips like nothing, and her ball control is such that she can hit anywhere on the table at any given time she wants. Anywhere she wants, she can hit it there.

Apparently, it's not enough that I have to control a Mii with the physical abilities of an aging arthritic, but I have to face a woman who has sold her soul to the devil for unbeatable ping pong skills.

This is so demeaning! This is supposed to be a relaxing, casual game! How could they jolly stomp the player's self-esteem in such a grandiose manner by including an NPC that can 0-6 you like nothing?! This isn't a fair challenge, this is just sadism.

For clues on how to beat her, I look up guides online, and I'm swamped by accounts of players having to practice for weeks against her before finally winning. That is ridiculous; this game is ridiculous.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #35945 on: August 27, 2011, 06:08:46 am »

Take the game, Wii and monitor (just to be sure) outside, put them in a pile, burn them, jump on then, take a chainsaw to them, scream profanities at them, put them in a giant blender then throw them off a cliff.
Rinse and repeat until only ashes are left, and scatter even them across every peak in the Alps.

On a more serious note, I had something like this on Team Fortress 2 today, where I was constantly being killed and couldn't do anything about it. The only solution I could find was to get off before I hunted everyone on that game down and skinned them alive.  :)
So that's my useful input.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #35946 on: August 27, 2011, 06:27:42 am »

I'm in a good mood so I'm giving out internet huggles to all. Yes, even you.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #35947 on: August 27, 2011, 06:50:24 am »

I'm in a good mood so I'm giving out internet huggles to all. Yes, even you.
*sniff* You're such a good person.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35948 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This just gave me an image of someone doing weeks of real life training, the whole deal, montage....then when the trainer says 'You're ready now. Go get her!' he turns to the tv, turns the wii on, and starts playing it.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35949 on: August 27, 2011, 09:07:10 am »

I've discovered the saddest webcomic. That's a reasonably representative sample, I am thinking.

Why can't I stop laughing at these things.

EDIT: I take it back, the only possible response here is "D'awwww"

This thing is fascinating. It's a bit of a roller coaster though. Some are abysmally sad while others are hilarious.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35950 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:14 am »

right, we're in minneapolis now. my brother and his wife gave me some birthday stuff, and we went to console grandpa.

Viewing's in a couple hours.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35951 on: August 27, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »

I keep having horrible dates with seemingly nice but actually horrible men. [sigh] (Never more than one date but still).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35952 on: August 27, 2011, 12:51:26 pm »

I keep having horrible dates with seemingly nice but actually horrible men. [sigh] (Never more than one date but still).
I'm guessing that one you were telling me about the other day is included with these? :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35953 on: August 27, 2011, 01:20:45 pm »

I flunked today's exam badly :(

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35954 on: August 27, 2011, 02:54:04 pm »

It's being a very blah morning.  I slept for 12 hours, dreamed about being a dwarven prostitute.  I was woken up by the sounds of my roommate yelling at her father.  Then I got up, exercised, whatever.  My hair has already grown a lot more than I wish it had.  It seems, unfortunately, that it has so much body that I can brush it out to the width of my shoulders...

I guess I'll just grow it all the way back out, or something, or cut it all off.  It's causing me too much confusion this way.

Today, I feel disjointed from the world.  I'd like to hollow out into a blade of grass or solidify into a stone and just get stepped on.  Life as a human is too complex for me.

Or, if it were possible to swim in an ocean of pure logic, far away from all social obligations and demand, a world free from all emotion but joy, I would gladly drown in that sea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 [2397] 2398 2399 ... 8167