Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 [2393] 2394 2395 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430113 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35880 on: August 25, 2011, 10:16:12 pm »

Buy a pet monkey and train it to taze you if you procrastinate things.
That'd probably help me. Either that or I'd end up punching it in the face because I was getting sick of it tazing me all the time.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35881 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »

I remember when I was supposed to fill that survey out.  I wasn't a very put-together person, so I ended up just skipping it and am still kind of terrified that men in suits are going to show up to say "Sorry, no alcohol survey.  Go to a different university :I"
I never got this survey.

Granted this is a community college, so they probably assumed I was paying child support already for precicely this reason.
I didn't get this survey at community college either. There was a pamphlet, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35882 on: August 25, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

The headache I've got from a lack of decent sleep has reached a new height of pain. Time for bed.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35883 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:48 am »

I want to run away from someone and something I care about more than nearly anything else due to a remaining feeling of failure and insufficiency.

This is almost happy thread material, though, because the stress is finally at a manageable enough level that I can look at it and say: "No, this is unreasonable.  The semester will be hard, but this is what I want."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35884 on: August 26, 2011, 12:28:45 am »

If it is what I think it is, (Ye Olde Course of Doom by Professor Poland[methinks],) then you're not failing or insufficient. You seem to hold yourself up to this standard that is unattainable by humans. What you seem to think you need to be is a person who studies 60 hours a day, knows over 5,000 languages, and still knows how to bake a mean apple pie and plays rummy with the ladies on weekends whilst rock climbing and battling pirates on the high seas.

I don't mean to say that you're overworking yourself, but...well...>_____>

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35885 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:41 am »

So, my grandma died yesterday.

we're driving up north now.

siiigh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35886 on: August 26, 2011, 12:32:31 am »

And suddenly perspective on all my own problems.  :-\

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35887 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:48 am »

Yeah, I do.  I've never understood that about myself.  It's not something my parents did to me, it's the way I've always been, just personality.  I might have genetically gotten it from my mother, if anyone, because it's definitely not from my dad >_>

Being around Professor Poland makes it worse because he represents the first person who's ever really issued a challenge... and because he's the closest example I've ever had to what I want to become one day.  And, you know, pointless puppy familial affection.  I want so badly to prove myself.

Dunno, really.  This is both a good and bad feeling.  I think I'm going to go back to keeping a diary... it was totally pointless for a while, because nothing about my opinions, emotions, or perceptions changed day to day for a couple of horrible years, but maybe it could be useful again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35888 on: August 26, 2011, 12:38:40 am »

You should all feel bad for not telling anything to this guy.

siiigh.

Sorry for your loss. Stay strong, man.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35889 on: August 26, 2011, 12:45:36 am »

I'm not going to say what I would have said, because it wouldn't have been nice at all.  Just pretend you were chewed out or something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35890 on: August 26, 2011, 04:14:09 am »

I've seriously considered shaving my head. I have no idea why, but the thought has been ping-ponging around up there for a while now.
That's a common symptom of being a Hare Krishna. You should get it checked out before it gets worse.

Sorry, bro, but it's just not my thing. I don't worship or preach to anyone or anything.

Hey, I was saying that as a genuine warning. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35891 on: August 26, 2011, 04:49:22 am »

Looking for a place to live is quite pointless right now.
I've not been told any parameters I'll be looking for, one future rommate will move in later (Who's supposed to pay your share? For how long?) and we haven't properly talked this through.

C'mon guys, this is serious. One month left until university starts. How about we actually do something about it?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35892 on: August 26, 2011, 08:15:07 am »

Checked my fall class schedule and one of my courses was switched from the professor I wanted (really challenging and slightly nutty) to another professor (gives purposefully vague assignments and bad starting code for assignments to prepare us for when we have to work with a horrible programmer in the industry). The original professor was even planning on having a final project rather than a final exam, as he did last quarter, with said project being 'make an RPG in C++.' I even signed up for the 8 am course in order to get said professor and associated final project. >:(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:19:14 am by alway »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35893 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:41 am »

siiigh.

Losing loved ones is always shitty. I hope there's lots of happy memories there that you can take some comfort in.

@Vector

I have absolutely no doubt that you will be able to prove yourself. You are kind of a badass, especially when it comes to learning things and the associated work; you got this. So yeah, when you say "The semester will be hard, but this is what I want.", I think you've got it figured out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35894 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:02 am »

Fender make a 5 string jazz bass. Fender make a fretless jazz bass. Fender do not make a 5 string, fretless jazz bass. Sigh.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 [2393] 2394 2395 ... 8167