Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 [2273] 2274 2275 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452785 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34080 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:48 am »

I have about as good of an idea of what to do as you, and besides the loneliness bit that I can relate to in a minor sense there is one familiar issues that seems to grab my attention.

I proudly, stubbornly hold onto the part of myself...

We all have parts of our personality we stubbornly hold on to in order to become the person we want to be. A good deal of these things are kinda spiteful or cowardly, either sticking it to some figure that wronged us through some previous model of logic or avoiding the pain of some event that these bahaviors could prevent somehow. Perhaps the best course of action is to really look at why we value parts of our personality after we recognize that something painful and draining is coming from it. Best of luck.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34081 on: August 01, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

I still cant forgive myself for being in a house full of people that unconditionally, and totally love and care for me...

Yet... Unless a certain someone who I'm in contact with is around. I feel totally and completely alone.

I'm a terrible housemate, and a terrible girlfriend.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34082 on: August 01, 2011, 12:28:51 am »

Perhaps the best course of action is to really look at why we value parts of our personality after we recognize that something painful and draining is coming from it.

See, I'm generally proud of who I am and what I do.

I just can't imagine being anyone's "dream."  It scares me a little.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34083 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:40 am »

I don't even know what's up with me at this point.
You have Personality. Don't worry, it's only fatal.

I was diagnosed with it years ago.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34084 on: August 01, 2011, 12:38:24 am »

I don't even know what's up with me at this point.
You have Personality. Don't worry, it's only fatal.

I was diagnosed with it years ago.
For just 15 cents, you can help sponsor a poor person with personality. Help us fight this terrible disease!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34085 on: August 01, 2011, 12:38:59 am »

You don't have to be someones dream. Funny thing about love is that it can be unexpected, it can change your expectations, it can change what you want in a partner and it can change what you want in yourself. You are young yet, and you have plenty of time to meet someone special, and that person probably won't be exactly what you are looking for. And you will not be exactly what that person is looking for.

I am at least as much a freak as you in my own way and fell in love, and it was a wonderful thing. Now you need to completely ignore that it was also a horrible train wreck for me, I hear it works the other way about half the time.

Edit: I mean no offense, in my circles "freak" is not an insult. It is ok to be different and all that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:40:44 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34086 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:35 am »

And now she is giving me cooking advice ;_;

No.  I am a great cook, given what I work with.  Other people can learn to respect that.

RAUGH!  "High quality food is my indulgence?"  Fuck you, man, having an education at all is my indulgence.  And being able to live somewhere that isn't ridiculously dangerous.  But if I mention that, she'll be offended ::)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:54:33 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34087 on: August 01, 2011, 12:54:51 am »

Some people just enjoy talking about things they perceive themselves as good at, it doesn't have to be a stab at your own abilities. Hell, I listen to people's advice about things I know they're wrong about just to see it from new, mostly unhelpful, perspectives, and sometimes it works.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:59:50 am by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34088 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:37 am »

No.  I am a great cook, given what I work with.  Other people can learn to respect that.

How haughty! How arrogant! How pretentious! Does she presume herself the lofty royalty of the kitchen?!

In all seriousness, was this advice disdainful? What did it pertain to?

I am seriously curious here.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34089 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04:39 am »

RAUGH!  "High quality food is my indulgence?"  Fuck you, man, having an education at all is my indulgence.  And being able to live somewhere that isn't ridiculously dangerous.  But if I mention that, she'll be offended ::)
Not sure if it's rude to say you have some possible envy issues eating at you. Of course, I only know as much as I've read, so eh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34090 on: August 01, 2011, 01:05:54 am »

The advice was that I should buy a cookbook with technique notes in some cuisine that I enjoy eating, and then that she cooks for her boyfriend.  Two or three dishes at once.  She cooks for her whole family!  And that before she bought a cookbook, she couldn't figure out how to make things taste like something other than cream and soysauce.  And ingredients are cheap once you own a profile of spices.

I don't really know what to say.

I'm a better cook than that implies, by a long shot.

Not sure if it's rude to say you have some possible envy issues eating at you. Of course, I only know as much as I've read, so eh.

Nah, I don't get pissed at people for telling the truth.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34091 on: August 01, 2011, 01:08:21 am »

She could easily be falling upon the old human tendency to believe everyone has troubles with the same things that you do.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34092 on: August 01, 2011, 01:08:47 am »

So long as it is the truth you believe in right?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34093 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:33 am »

She could easily be falling upon the old human tendency to believe everyone has troubles with the same things that you do.

Or talking to a friend about something the two of you have in common as a perfectly innocent friendly activity?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34094 on: August 01, 2011, 01:12:20 am »

Everyone treating me so nicely here makes me think that I didn't do anything wrong, and I am an Okay Sort Of Gal.  That is a wonderful shield!  Really!  I can feel it chasing this off, like a windmill spinning rainbow-colored flags into the darkness.
I had free time. You had a sad thread.

Spoiler: Bon Appetit (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 [2273] 2274 2275 ... 8167