Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447014 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33465 on: July 24, 2011, 06:49:34 pm »

Well, I found out today from some family members that my back is noticeably scarred. That kinda makes me sad but I guess its my fault. Also, the whole thing with NASA is making both angry and sad. Lastly, I tried the whole looking people in the eyes thing on someone today. It just resulted in me getting a dirty look as they went by... God, I fucking hate people.

You don't look random people in the eyes as you walk around, or you look like a crazy person. You look people in the eyes while talking to them.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33466 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50:23 pm »

Glance in their eyes, then down, then back up, and smile.  It's a magical recipe to make other people smile at you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33467 on: July 24, 2011, 06:58:28 pm »

Glance in their eyes, then down, then back up, and smile.  It's a magical recipe to make other people smile at you.
Only if you're a girl; the whole thing is just reeking of femininity, sort of a "Demure and quiet young maiden" sort of deal.

If you're a man: Punch them in the face to establish superiority.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #33468 on: July 24, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

Only if you're a girl; the whole thing is just reeking of femininity, sort of a "Demure and quiet young maiden" sort of deal.

If you're a man: Punch them in the face to establish superiority.
You're just asking to get outright destroyed by the great Vector, aren't you?
I can't tell if I'm overreacting, I don't think I am though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33469 on: July 24, 2011, 07:01:40 pm »

Really?  It was a dude who told me to do that.  Uh, because he did it.

. . .

This has just made a portion of my past even more stupidly awkward, but thank you for the info.

And don't punch anyone in the face.  That isn't nice, and wasn't part of my (extensive) lessons in male body language.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33472 on: July 24, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »

Touché.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33473 on: July 24, 2011, 07:17:13 pm »

I think the reason this is supposed to work is because it makes the other person think you're checking them out, and your appraisal turns up positive.  That a guy told you this kinda reinforces my theory.

Only really applies with people of similar age though.  Also a good way to look charmingly shy-but-not-too-shy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33474 on: July 24, 2011, 07:19:13 pm »

But mostly girls respond...

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33475 on: July 24, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »

Might be because it's you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33476 on: July 24, 2011, 07:24:51 pm »

Something something cultural dependance on body image for self worth blah blah.

If I want random girls to be impressed with me Ill just straighten my hair again. It was like night and day my god.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33477 on: July 24, 2011, 07:27:12 pm »

Well, I found out today from some family members that my back is noticeably scarred. That kinda makes me sad but I guess its my fault. Also, the whole thing with NASA is making both angry and sad. Lastly, I tried the whole looking people in the eyes thing on someone today. It just resulted in me getting a dirty look as they went by... God, I fucking hate people.

You don't look random people in the eyes as you walk around, or you look like a crazy person. You look people in the eyes while talking to them.

I see, so avoid eye contact unless spoken too. I can do that. Should I just look down or something? Thats what I normally do...

I think the reason this is supposed to work is because it makes the other person think you're checking them out, and your appraisal turns up positive.  That a guy told you this kinda reinforces my theory.

Only really applies with people of similar age though.  Also a good way to look charmingly shy-but-not-too-shy.

Heh, that reminds me. I seem to be unable to tell when someone is checking me out or likes me according to my brother. I find it funny myself, but it probably doesn't bode well for me.
My personality profile.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33478 on: July 24, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »

I caveated it with the "charmingly shy" bit.  It's asexually endearing, on top of often being apparently attractive.  Or something I guess.

If I want random girls to be impressed with me Ill just straighten my hair again. It was like night and day my god.

I know, it's incredible.  I shaved my beard and cut my hair, and I went from looking like Phil Anselmo to thinking "God I'd like to have sex with that mirror".  Okay, it wasn't that dramatic, but be damned if it doesn't work.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33479 on: July 24, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »

I know, it's incredible.  I shaved my beard and cut my hair, and I went from looking like Phil Anselmo to thinking "God I'd like to have sex with that mirror".  Okay, it wasn't that dramatic, but be damned if it doesn't work.
Oddly, I look silly if I shave my beard. Well, moreso, but basically I look like a stereotypical nerdy teenager instead of a stereotypical nerdy grad student. A haircut, though, I need me one of those.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 ... 8167