Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2229 2230 [2231] 2232 2233 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446931 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33450 on: July 24, 2011, 03:38:30 pm »

It makes me sad that people care more about Amy Winehouse than 85 teens who were killed painfully.
And also a little angry too.
Looks like you beat me to it so I'll just have to agree.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33451 on: July 24, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

Slavery is a stupid concept as long as any human is involved.
Thank you based dwarf.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33452 on: July 24, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »

It makes me sad that people care more about Amy Winehouse than 85 teens who were killed painfully.
And also a little angry too.
No real issue for me. As connected as we all are by various media forms its very difficult to give much concern for issues that dont appear to have any effect on you. Especially after 10 years of extremely covered disasters and war scenes. Shaking up entertainment circles will always get to the fans which know no border, and the waves from that news goes further.

We as humanity probably should care more about a lone wolf shooting, but Im not terribly affected by the idea of people caring about one life more than another. After all, we all were interested in the death of Michael Jackson instead of (Cite shocking day-by-day suffering of HIV, insurgency, poverty and crime). And Im a bit more concerned about how much the gun nuts will raise a ruckus over all this. I wont take a side on their issue, but there will be a lot of shamelessness going on with this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33453 on: July 24, 2011, 03:59:34 pm »

Slavery is a stupid concept as long as any human is involved.
elves on the other hand...

I can just imagine a slave revolt in santa's factories.

That reminds me of this tune from the Barenaked Ladies holiday album.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33454 on: July 24, 2011, 04:11:35 pm »

No, it's not that being a woman makes it appropriate.  Absolutely not.

It's that when you're arguing with a woman about feminism, there's the "I'm a woman and I don't give a crap so it's okay" card that tends to come into play.  Case in point: the person in question's response, so a message meaning "you are treating women as non-sentients" gets deflected into "of course I know women are sentient, I've got a vagina!"

How awkward.  Anyway, I imagine my guns are quite big enough, but there is a certain additional level of complexity that tends to come into play.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33455 on: July 24, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »

Consider how you are treating her too, the way you talk about her here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33456 on: July 24, 2011, 04:22:57 pm »

I am hung over, and now I need to find that lizard again...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33457 on: July 24, 2011, 04:24:15 pm »

I will take a moment to announce that I have every ounce of respect for my opponent in this debate as a human being with her own history and emotions in her own right, and that being unenlightened or having a different opinion does not mean I think she is evil, unworthy, or unkind.  I wish the best of luck to her.

Nor does the argument she employed reflect poorly on her as a human being.

All the same, I am really tired of people offering others' genitalia and housewife capabilities as gifts.

Consider how you are treating her too, the way you talk about her here.

And yes, you're right.  Thank you for the reminder.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33458 on: July 24, 2011, 04:25:33 pm »

This has to do with news articles about Toady, right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33459 on: July 24, 2011, 04:31:33 pm »

Correct.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33460 on: July 24, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

This has to do with news articles about Toady, right?
More how the great uncertain that is any fandom make their usual jokes on how godlike the maker of their object of interest is and using barbaric terms to reflect the face of the game. There are factors to the situation that make this sort of issue crop up more that is no fault of any one person. Amazing the power of the crowd and memes.

Also chewing hard things is starting to hurt the back of one side of my mouth. I know it is unwise for me to avoid having my wisdom teeth removed, especially since there is a lot of information on the problems with that and Im not the kind of person who avoids medical treatment due to paranoia or odd ideals, and I think there is some macho pride carrying fourth here from never washing my teeth and never having any trouble with my gums or cavities ever. The most pressing issue is the wisdom teeth suddenly deciding that they gotta start acting up a week before I can see a dentist. Ohhhh boy that wont be plesant.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33461 on: July 24, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »

Wisdom teeth are great if you're an early human, and have been cracking and losing teeth to bones, nuts, and the occasional rock shard that gets mixed in with your milled grains. They crowd the row of teeth back together, and pop out upright, like nature's braces! The problem comes in if you don't have a habit of losing teeth; they just sorta sit there, pushing on your other teeth, and causing you a load of pain.

Try using cold compresses, and don't stress them. Set an appointment for as soon as you can afford to, and it shouldn't get too bad.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33462 on: July 24, 2011, 04:45:39 pm »

Ive never had much trouble with mine...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33463 on: July 24, 2011, 06:08:06 pm »

Me neither.

The runny nose has passed but the headache is still pounding away.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33464 on: July 24, 2011, 06:25:33 pm »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:26:55 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.
Pages: 1 ... 2229 2230 [2231] 2232 2233 ... 8167