Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455299 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33210 on: July 18, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »

I found a site that looks fantastic in the prospect of me wanting to learn german, a wonderful collaboration between the danish and german part of Slesvig for germans to learn danish, and danes to learn german. However, it seems ultimately borked, the german lessons are en german, and the danish lesson in danish.

How is this a good start? A german will not learn danish by me saying "Hej, jeg vil nu lære dig mit sprog." without some basics given in his own language first.

Hrnngnghh, COME ON MAN, I NEED MY 4th LANGUAGE STARTED.

"Bier, bitte!" and "Wo is das toiletten?" All you need to know.

I don't like beer and It's not hard to find the toilet usually >_> Besides, it's the best and easiest language to learn when I want to understand gender and casus better for when I start learning old norse.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33211 on: July 18, 2011, 06:14:39 pm »

I have got to stop blowing my stack like this.  I'm disappointed in myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33212 on: July 18, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »

Ill actually say that rage was well placed and made me realize I should watch who I'm talking to more. Since anyone who's going to do that kind of shit I'm not going to waste my time with.

It's one thing to experience these problems, it's another to lord them over others in a holyer than thou attitude. If my entry seemed similar it was more me just saying that I don't see why people freak so bad over some of this stuff, though I do understand how some of this "Little" stuff can affect someone.

It's not good to marginalize other peoples problems. If I dropped my food I just bought from a fast food place right at my door and wasted most of it it's still a problem to me. The key word being TO ME.

If we went around making what everyone's problems were a contest then no one would have problems. But people do.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:28:08 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33213 on: July 18, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

Ill actually say that rage was well placed and made me realize I should watch who I'm talking to more. Since anyone who's going to do that kind of shit I'm not going to waste my time with.

I removed it because I felt immature kicking the verbal shit out of a monk.

On the other hand, yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what's setting me off like this.  I usually don't get quite this angry about something like that.

. . . Who am I kidding.  I totally get exactly this angry about that sort of thing every time, because I hate being manipulated into feeling bad about myself.  Attack me head on, sure, but don't twist it like that.

*sigh*

I don't know why he reminds me so much of someone else I know.

Anyway, thank you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #33214 on: July 18, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

After reading the post that the other person put there, I'm inclined to agree that  he said stupid things. That was in increadibly poor taste. I don't think it was a bad thing per se that you posted your rage in response to that at all, monk or no monk.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33215 on: July 18, 2011, 06:36:04 pm »

I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that I am miserable due to excessive heat. Its times like this I wish I drank alcohol. It would probably be a perfect time to get drunk. I can't do anything else since I can't concentrate or sleep when its this hot >:(
My personality profile.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33216 on: July 18, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »

Heh. To be honest, excusing bad behavior because someone is a monk is a bit like excusing bad behavior just because they're a priest, or a cardinal, or anything like that. Sure it's supposed to be I guess a more "Honorable" path to live, but they're still flawed humans and they can make mistakes, be assholes, and most importantly, be called out on their bullshit.

Also yeah, everyone is fucking hot right now. This is nuts. I'm just fucking glad we have a dry summer this year instead of the sweltering swamp bullcrap we get most of the time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33217 on: July 18, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »

If it makes you feel better just PM it to me, I don't mind and I'm genuinely interested in your opinion, Vector. That and I'd like to not incur your wrath. It's not about belittling other problems, it's just to point out that what constitutes childhood problems is quite varied.

:)

It's best not to keep things under wraps anyhow.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33218 on: July 18, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »

Also yeah, everyone is fucking hot right now. This is nuts. I'm just fucking glad we have a dry summer this year instead of the sweltering swamp bullcrap we get most of the time.
You can have it back, god damn monsoons.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33219 on: July 18, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »

You can have it back, god damn monsoons.

I was thinking the exact same things, Denmark is drowning a bit, so much rain :b

Edit: Also, while Janet has a bit of merit to her posts, I don't think Kael did anything wrong at all, I actually liked his post.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:02:11 pm by Lysabild »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33220 on: July 18, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »

Fucking stupid parents.... Really.

We're walking the dog and:

1.) My dad can't shut the fuck up for 20 minutes of his rambling/he thinks he is the God of Conversation while stopping people. He isn't.
2.) My dad thinks his stupid dog is perfect. Said stupid dog nearly bit another dog today. Fucking rose colored glasses much dad? The other dog was a timid whippet (think grayhound) belonging to the head HR guy of a major corporation....  (Did I mention I would really, really like a job from him?).

Spent 20 minutes standing around like that.

Asshole cannot take a hint when the fuck to shut... up. Also, your precious little dog is not smart, precious or good. Fuck....Nobody fucking listens to me despite my warnings which have a way of being spot on repeatedly....

He is soooo lucky I yanked the shit out of that dog's leash....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:14:39 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33221 on: July 18, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »

Going over all my College stuff, this makes me anxious however at least I typed up a set list on what to do now.  It's only like four things before I am totally ready for Fall.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33222 on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:07 pm »

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33223 on: July 18, 2011, 10:14:57 pm »

I could've enjoyed that video if it showed her at the end in a dingy room with a bunch of crumpled tissues, some chocolate, and a picture frame turned face down.

It would've actually had something to say, for example.

Frankly, though, it is a hell of a lot better than Friday.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33224 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:37 pm »

Ugh.. Nightmares keeping me awake again
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 8167