Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2211 2212 [2213] 2214 2215 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455162 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33180 on: July 18, 2011, 01:04:27 pm »

Could also just mean you need a new monitor.
How old is it?
CRT? LCD? LED?
Size and resolution?
It's only a few years old. It's a flatscreen, I can't remember if it's an LED or something like that. Resolution is apparantly 1680 X 1050. I don't know what the size is.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33181 on: July 18, 2011, 01:14:53 pm »

On the bright side Grimshot we have endured for a fairly long period of time and i don't see that changing by much, sure things look bleak and bad and all that but you have to remember that they have been that way pretty much troughout our entire existance, luckily for us there are always those few who are willing to do stuff that betters us all and helps us carry forward not just as individuals but as an entire species.It might seem that there aren't that many people like that living today but i always like to think it's a statistical constant, so the more people there are on this blue rock the more exceptional people will there be too.

Also it helps to not look at the past that much, sure you may thing you are not as good as you were before, but fuck it dude, keep moving forward, the past should be there only to motivate you to push further not weigh you down.

As for sad things, i've seen my grandfather today, once again reminded why i hate hospitals so much, the very smell of it all, then seeing him, a once cheerful person now drained of all but the smallest fraction of his energy.Good thing he is getting out on Wendsday because i don't think i could go and see him like that much more.

I feel that if you focus on humanity being "bluh bluh terrible" you just get really depressed and end up doing less about it. You know what else is a part of human nature?
Progress. That's the part you gotta focus on. @ Toonyman: I felt pretty shitty for no real reason like that and then I became a scientologist a mormon a nihilist
... actually I don't really remember what I did. I guess I kinda just stopped caring about the shittier parts of my life, focused on my grades, friends, and whatever else made me enjoy life, and just kinda stopped. This probably wont work at all,
but I think a lot of depression issues are caused be being depressed. It's sort of like a perpetual emotion thing. I don't know, this probably wasn't help, but just what I thought.

Well, I suppose you guys are right. I'll just have to ignore it and keep going foward. I need to remember to relax and not take things so seriously anyways.

Hmph, feels like the temperature here is in the hundreds. I hate Michigan. Its too hot/humid in the summer and too cold in the winter.
My personality profile.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33182 on: July 18, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

It's only a few years old. It's a flatscreen, I can't remember if it's an LED or something like that. Resolution is apparantly 1680 X 1050. I don't know what the size is.

Huh, could be a shitty build, assuming you haven't, in fact, been hitting it.
Some brands just make shitty things in general, exchanging quality for price.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33183 on: July 18, 2011, 01:51:28 pm »

I have a Benq monitor that has hit a hard corner head-on hard enough to get an actual hole in the screen. the rest of it's fine. there's just a white hole 2mm across. on the left side of the screen.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33184 on: July 18, 2011, 02:00:45 pm »

I had the same thing happen with a TV, except it wasn't fine; it never showed a picture again, the only light was from the cracks spiderwebbing across the screen.

Feel kinda guilty, I was out at the Doctor's when my cats knocked it off and caused the damage, I should've thought about it and shut them out of the room when I left.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33185 on: July 18, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »

Wrote to Steam to complain about the unacceptable way they treat their costumers.
I'll probably get some sort of automatically generated response...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33186 on: July 18, 2011, 02:35:07 pm »

It might just be dirty AoD, tried cleaning it up?

Because LCD's go terribly bad if they have cracks, now it might just be scratches of some sort or only the outmost layer that is damaged but if the one below it (i really don't know the names) suffered any kind of damage you should notice blackness and discoloration around those parts pretty soon, then it will begin to spread, and after a while you won't be able to see shit on your nice monitor.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33187 on: July 18, 2011, 02:59:03 pm »

Wrote to Steam to complain about the unacceptable way they treat their costumers.

Steam cosplay?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33188 on: July 18, 2011, 03:06:21 pm »

I am evaporated water! Fear Me!

Oh no! Cold Glass, my one true weakness!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33189 on: July 18, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »

Of all the letters to get hung up on, Miku has trouble with s.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33190 on: July 18, 2011, 03:30:59 pm »

Steam cosplay?  ???
I look forward to being a dick to you, when you'll be learning german or polish.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33191 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:59 pm »

You need to calm down and learn that those kind of remarks aren't usually actually hostile.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33192 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:57 pm »

I don't need to do anything.
That's not the first time that happens and it's pissing me off.

Not everybody's a native speaker and turning a mistake into a joke is hostile in my book.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33193 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »

I look forward to being a dick to you, when you'll be learning german or polish.

Feel free to be as much of a dick about Polish to me as you like.  I am officially upset because I saw a book on the vampire in literature in Polish at the enormo Berkeley library, wanted to read it, and realized I could only make out the title.  Barely.

*siiiigh*

Also, my German classmates are trying to set me up with a guy because I initially had a crush on him.  Now this is just awkward, and I overreacted a bit too much.  Think I need to go apologize tomorrow with a paper crane and some candy, or something like that.

Not everybody's a native speaker and turning a mistake into a joke is hostile in my book.

Oh... see, I think the point of turning it in a joke is making it something fun, rather than a mistake.

I can understand why you'd feel that way, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33194 on: July 18, 2011, 03:49:19 pm »

That post was actually my girlfriend. She forgot to change the cookies again.

But really, seriously I don't see the need to take it or her comment so hostile. There's enough mixed messages and stuff on this board already, and most people are going to just see a silly typo and not a lack of English comprehension or whatever. So really you weren't being singled out.

Besides it's good to learn to laugh at your own mistakes. Keeping good humor about yourself helps when things actually do go bad.

My opinion though of course.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2211 2212 [2213] 2214 2215 ... 8167