Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452414 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30975 on: June 06, 2011, 12:54:48 am »

Class tomorrow.  I've slept maybe 8 hours in the past two days, and not by choice.

Need to stay up a little bit later so I can finish taking my medication...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30976 on: June 06, 2011, 12:58:45 am »

So i got a headache from all the excitement from today and i got work in the morning to boot. Then after some more boring 4 hour school i meet more of my girlfriend's relatives, more people to look presentable to.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30977 on: June 06, 2011, 03:51:30 am »

OH NOOOO!

The RAAAAGE thread got locked! :'(

[EDIT] It was just unlocked. Phew.

[DOUBLEEDIT] I'm in a constant state of pain at least 75% of the time. It's been for as long as I can remember. This makes me sad.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:11:14 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30978 on: June 06, 2011, 11:38:11 am »

67 years ago today, a hell of a lot of people died in battle. Most for what they believed were good causes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30979 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:30 am »

"
Heart disease, some fun shit right there, i don't mind it much mostly as i can drop/control my heart rate in a minute (this dealing with Hypertension and high blood pressure) but when it strikes its a evil bitch.

You like being alone but are trying to reach out to others, well buddy the only thing i could say is choose very damn well and wait as long as you want until you are comfortable of calling the person a friend. Even then its not a failsafe as most of my friends changed in high school and fucking blew me off but they at least provided some mental relief with the time i spent with them.
"

I've only had associates, no friends. Well, I guess I had one for awhile, but he ended up being peer pressured into no longer talking to me. I can't actually hold it against him, which I find very odd concidering just how easy it is for me to hate things. I doubt I could ever find a real friend lol, or sustain a friendship from my end. I am just too different from everyone else, and not in a endearing way.

Might as well get it checked out for the fun of it. I mean, if you don't care about living then you gotta put some thought into death, right? Or, y'know, just think that you should continue having a hold on life just because you can and it's better than being dead. That, and just accepting that you should try to get the most out of your existence is usually what keeps me from switching my 3 sugars in my coffee with rat poison.

Existing just to exist is something I've thought about before, but that line of thought simply doesn't work for me.

Well, I've given some thought to my earlier goals I talked about. Gaining confidence shouldn't be too hard. I should just be able to force myself into that one. I could always wear large coats and sunglasses as a psychological crutch for awhile. The one I think I'll have the most trouble with is finding purpose in my existence. I would be more then happy to take up my old one again. I would have to deal with the initial cause of my depression though. Which, cliche as it is, was losing faith in humanity. I don't really see that happening though.

On the subject of my possibly faulty heart... Is it possible to be stressed out enough for stress to cause these issues? I've never panicked bad enough to cause myself pain before so I doubt thats the case. Would be nice to know if it a possibility though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:44:15 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30980 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

The batteries are dying on my priceless irreplacable Digimon Pendulum ver. 5.5, and when I went to change them I found that the screws on the battery cover were in bad shape. I managed to get one out but the other is now 100% stripped. I tried supergluing a scewdriver onto the screw but it didn't take, so now it's looking likely that the only way to remove the batteries will be to drill out the screw and permanently ruin the battery cover.

I've been super-protective of this thing for years and now I have to ruin it. While the Digimon is still alive and beeping, no less!

:'(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30981 on: June 06, 2011, 11:57:59 am »

Can you pry the head off of the screw with a flathead?  That's what I did with an old hard drive once.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30982 on: June 06, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »

Can you pry the head off of the screw with a flathead?  That's what I did with an old hard drive once.

Cthulhu you made me sad today when I missed out on a SBaHJathon and you were hogging all of the artifact pixels.

I still might make a SBaHJ hiface.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30983 on: June 06, 2011, 12:17:27 pm »

The screw in question is 2mm wide at the head and 5 mm long, and flush with the plastic.

So no.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30984 on: June 06, 2011, 12:41:01 pm »

Only thing I can think of is a VERY small flat head, and a hammer. Oh, and lots of patient.

Try to gently tap the flat head into the screw, cushion the device and such.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30985 on: June 06, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »

On the subject of my possibly faulty heart... Is it possible to be stressed out enough for stress to cause these issues? I've never panicked bad enough to cause myself pain before so I doubt thats the case. Would be nice to know if it a possibility though.
Well you will feel like shit mental and physical. Stress has caused depression, obesity, or lumping around as i call it and its just a downward spiral from there, then you really need some help.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30986 on: June 06, 2011, 01:00:40 pm »

I have only 2 hours this week for work. I have already worked them. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30987 on: June 06, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »

I have only 2 hours this week for work. I have already worked them. :(
You're just in the same situation like my girlfriend, why bother even put you guys on payroll?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30988 on: June 06, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »

We have a dark week this week. I was lucky to get any hours at all this week.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30989 on: June 06, 2011, 02:20:25 pm »

Foot->cupboard

Pain->me
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 8167