Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452488 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30960 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:35 pm »

:O

That's going to be my next forum game.  You'll be a player in a tabletop RPG and everyone but you is a caricature.

Damn that's a good idea, and not a huge overcomplicated thing like the Forum RPG RPG.
Shoes...

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30961 on: June 05, 2011, 09:11:03 pm »

-snip snip-
I think you should read a couple of these, not only because they give good insight into what has been written poorly from someone who has read a lot of feminist fantasy/historical fiction, but tends to have good advice on characterization in general.

Full list, with a very broad range of topics...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30962 on: June 05, 2011, 10:19:51 pm »

Apparantly, areas that sell pot and/or other drugs in Amsterdam are going to be banned from tourists...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :'(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30963 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:06 pm »

Learn the language and don't be a tourist.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30964 on: June 05, 2011, 10:36:20 pm »

SO my Mom just calls, and she says she's in the hospital again, due to a huge infection in her surgery wound on her back, and an infection running through her bloodstream. She says that they had to take a huge hunk out of her back for some reason, and that it looks really horrible.

Worse, she says she might have gotten infected from messing around with a stray turtle she found lying in a ditch. Why the fuck would you mess around with a random fucking turtle Mom? Just assume that all wild animals have horrible diseases and stay clear of them, goddammit. She says she's doing fine, and that she's in no danger of dying, but they're called complications, and they happen, and it worries me sick.

I really fucking hate having the blissful contentment of college life interrupted by the constant influx of grim stories of life back home, and being made miserable and worried for the health of my Mom. And I feel guilty for feeling that way.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30965 on: June 05, 2011, 10:39:51 pm »

Damn, that sucks about your mom :/

Turtles are a big deal though.  If I see a turtle in the road, I pull over and help it across (Unless it's a big snapping turtle.  We get some seriously badass turtles out here and you don't want to fuck with them).

My mom once saved a big snapper though, by pulling on its tail.  Not a smart move, it almost got her and those things can break bones.

I'm sad because the Dark Heresy game was canceled.  I had to go help my dad with something and he said it was an hour away.  Took us four hours round trip >:C
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:42:21 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30966 on: June 05, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »

Damn, that sucks about your mom :/

Turtles are a big deal though.  If I see a turtle in the road, I pull over and help it across (Unless it's a big snapping turtle.  We get some seriously badass turtles out here and you don't want to fuck with them).

It wasn't in the road though, it was chilling out in a ditch on the side of the road, from what my Mom describes. and she didn't just touch it alittle, she took the motherfucker home with her for some god-knows reason. She released it back after I lectured her on the fact that wild animals are fucking dangerous and to not touch them period. It was after that point that she got infected and hospitalized.

What's a turtle even doing in a ditch anyway? I have no idea what gets into her head sometimes.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30967 on: June 05, 2011, 11:12:29 pm »

Cfoofoo just put an image of a turtle walking upright with a belt of nades and a clip of ammo wrapped around him and is holding a chainsaw into my head.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30968 on: June 05, 2011, 11:36:51 pm »

Cfoofoo just put an image of a turtle walking upright with a belt of nades and a clip of ammo wrapped around him and is holding a chainsaw into my head.

Wrong thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30969 on: June 05, 2011, 11:38:17 pm »

Well now I feel stupid. :-[
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30970 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:46 pm »

I read through some of MoM's anecdotal posts after remembering when I was angry about my whole family thing going on, and it turns out I'm not the cold horrid person everyone says I am, and that I actually feel sympathy (this is exaggeration of a trait on my part obviously, but people say things LIKE that) and I felt really bad... And now I'm going to spend the next half hour bitching and moaning to myself about how I should make a conscious effort to be more successful socially and in my "studies" (Ruby, fucking around with computers). Ugh, self depreciation. 

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30971 on: June 06, 2011, 12:23:35 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:09:10 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30972 on: June 06, 2011, 12:29:38 am »

Might as well get it checked out for the fun of it. I mean, if you don't care about living then you gotta put some thought into death, right? Or, y'know, just think that you should continue having a hold on life just because you can and it's better than being dead. That, and just accepting that you should try to get the most out of your existence is usually what keeps me from switching my 3 sugars in my coffee with rat poison.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30973 on: June 06, 2011, 12:34:29 am »

Heart disease, some fun shit right there, i don't mind it much mostly as i can drop/control my heart rate in a minute (this dealing with Hypertension and high blood pressure) but when it strikes its a evil bitch.

You like being alone but are trying to reach out to others, well buddy the only thing i could say is choose very damn well and wait as long as you want until you are comfortable of calling the person a friend. Even then its not a failsafe as most of my friends changed in high school and fucking blew me off but they at least provided some mental relief with the time i spent with them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30974 on: June 06, 2011, 12:47:31 am »

For the second time today, my browser seemingly closed of its own accord. Both times I was moving my arm, so I think I put in some command I don't know about.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 8167