Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450469 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22980 on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

Yeah, but that's easy. Just line 'er up, and go in a straight line. And don't hit whatever's behind you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: February 21, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »

I still get a feeling of existential dread and start shaking when I think back to the driving portion of my Driver's Education class.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:45:01 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »

All you people who didn't have to parallel park didn't take a real driving test.  I didn't even now there where places that equivocated on that.  You don't know what it's like to have to come back three days in a row (because they don't let you retake the test the same day), because you bumped into the pole.  I finally pulled it off, by 15-point turning my way into the space with like two feet left to the curb; I had to score 70% out of 100 to pass - I got a 71, mostly for that.  And some bullshit about accelerating during a turn, when I was turning from a complete stop, but whatever, I got the thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

All you people who didn't have to parallel park didn't take a real driving test.
Considering what kind of honks are allowed to drive around here, I fully agree.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »

All you people who didn't have to parallel park didn't take a real driving test.
Considering what kind of honks are allowed to drive around here, I fully agree.
i seconded that, well i can do parallel just to let you know.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: February 21, 2011, 07:13:04 pm »

I want a car horn that alternates between loud and soft.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »

I just got my diploma marks form last semester.  In Pure Math 30 and Physics 30, I scored higher than my in-class final and brought up my average.  My final marks right now are at 90.  For English 30-1, I went in with 83 in-class.  I scored 75 on the diploma and got 58 on the written component.  When I came out of the written section, I thought it was my best work yet, I got 80s in-class throughout the year.  Frankly I was expecting better of myself.  So now I have a 79 for my final mark in English and am just 1 percent shy of getting honors.  1 freaking percent.  I've gotten honors 4-5 years running, and was so sure I had done well on my diplomas.  The only final mark that I can compare this to is my grade 10 Phys Ed where I got 63, because I fail at sports and physical activity.  I've never gotten below 85 in any of my core subjects before and I feel devastated.  I set my standards too high and let myself down.   :(

I guess it'll be okay.  I still have conditional acceptance to the post-secondary course I wanted.  I don't think essays and pulling insight from Shakespeare should play too heavily in CNC Machining.  :P  Although, now I have to contend with Social 30-1, self-taught, and it might wind up being harder for me than English.  I wonder if I'll graduate with high enough marks for NAIT to still let me in...

tl;dr

I fail at English, especially writing critical essays and creative responses, and feel depressed over not getting honors.

Edit: If I did the math correctly (and I'm confident I did) I must have aced the multiple choice with a 92.   The written and multiple choice were each worth 50 percent of the diploma. (0.75-(0.58/2))*2 = 0.92  (mc/2)+(wr/2)=Final
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:01:06 pm by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: February 21, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »

honk
HONK
honk
HONK
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: February 21, 2011, 08:58:38 pm »

There's been another Christchurch earthquake.

honk
HONK
honk
HONK
WELCOME TO THE DARK CARNIVAL, BROTHER.

oh god how can I be joking at a time like this
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:04:12 pm by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: February 21, 2011, 09:00:40 pm »

You should really mention the quake with the URL embedded in that.
Just linking implies that the post or thread itself makes you sad, as opposed to the topic contained therein.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: February 21, 2011, 09:04:33 pm »

Fixed.
くコ:彡

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:05 pm »

Auuuugh fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I have my first no-do-overs midterm tomorrow, for Rhetoric.  I have a quiz for Russian.  I have an oral exam for Russian.  I have multiple problem sets due.  Three, to be precise.

I am so stressed.

Nietzsche!  Freud!  Marx!  They all say pretty much the same thing, so how in the fuck am I supposed to actually say anything but "derp, it's the same thing but for the economy" or "dudes, it's the same thing but with brains and sex."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: February 21, 2011, 11:24:44 pm »

Wank?

Not literally. But literacy wank. I thought it was what all intelligent people did when they had a minimum of relevant content and a lot of necessary space to be filled.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:14 pm »

Auuuugh fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I have my first no-do-overs midterm tomorrow, for Rhetoric.  I have a quiz for Russian.  I have an oral exam for Russian.  I have multiple problem sets due.  Three, to be precise.

I am so stressed.

Nietzsche!  Freud!  Marx!  They all say pretty much the same thing, so how in the fuck am I supposed to actually say anything but "derp, it's the same thing but for the economy" or "dudes, it's the same thing but with brains and sex."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
I don't know why we continue to study Freud's theories, they are proven wrong many times in history especially by him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:03 pm »

Because what he has to say provides fascinating insights into language, if not psychology.  We use the idea of the unconscious constantly.  We talk about repression and projection all the time.  His manner of interpreting dreams provides extremely interesting tools to analyze written content, especially if you throw in Nietzsche's concepts of the thing in itself vs. the concept vs. the word as well.

As for wank, I've never needed to before and I hope not to start now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 8167