Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499167 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21810 on: February 07, 2011, 02:17:29 pm »

My step-Dad gave me a box telling me to pack everything I own in it.  We lost our house and I'll be living with my Grandma for awhile until we find another place.
D:

I'm here for ya Bro.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: February 07, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »

yayyy for feeling ill. Sleep for me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: February 07, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »

My step-Dad gave me a box telling me to pack everything I own in it.  We lost our house and I'll be living with my Grandma for awhile until we find another place.
D:
I'm here for ya Bro.
I don't know where you live.  I might just end up in the White House or something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: February 07, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »

D:
I'm here for ya Bro.
I don't know where you live.  I might just end up in the White House or something.

if you end up at my place, you've swam too far.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: February 07, 2011, 02:28:30 pm »

I've never understood too well how the US university system works (as in literally. I lack knowledge of the process). TBH, The "openness" does sound that it might be a good idea education-wise, but doesn't it complicate the "standarization" of titles afterwards? (eg: what determines the courses that an engineer or a doctor must study?). I sort of have the impression that it might lead to confusion afterwards.
People tend to look at where you get it as much as actually looking that you have it. Someone who got their degree from a prestigious school which is well known will be much more likely to be hired than someone who got it from Bob'sDiplomaMill.com, or even from less prestigious schools like community colleges.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: February 07, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »

D:
I'm here for ya Bro.

if you end up at my place, you've swam too far.
I don't think swimming is required to move up and down the coast.

And don't worry the Washington Monument is usually empty this time of year and I have the keys to the X-BOX360 cabinet.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: February 07, 2011, 02:40:09 pm »

Duke gave me the image of there being an "Xbox cabinet" in the white house.

You know, a political group.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: February 07, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »

Also for the record, there's some permeability between degrees in European universities. For instance,  in my university the first cycle of the biomedical degrees (medicine, biology, pharmacy) overlaps quite a bit, and you can move from one to the others with a minimum of extra subjects (the most restrictive one is moving from biology or pharmacy to medicine, I think, which at most removes a year from the latter). In fact, I think that some second-cycle degrees (ie: biochemistry) can be accessed from any of the others.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: February 07, 2011, 02:42:07 pm »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: February 07, 2011, 02:44:10 pm »

Duke gave me the image of there being an "Xbox cabinet" in the white house.

You know, a political group.
It'll be like the sex-party of Australia, except better in every way.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: February 07, 2011, 02:46:49 pm »

Took off my speed boots and put on waterwalking boots so I could cross the moat into Rodney's tower.  Went to take them off and found out I probably should have kept them in my bag of holding, a lich cursed them.

who would even make these conksuck boots anyway, imigrants?

Speaking of which, Sweet Bro's plight has always really spoken to me.  I used to go carp fishing in Cowan Lake's drainage creek with my dad, and we had to wear galoshes.  I don't know why, we never actually walked in the water, that creek alternated between super-deep and so fast it'll sweep you off your feet, but still.  Those conksuck galoshes, man.  You can't put that shit on, it's impossible.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:54:10 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: February 07, 2011, 02:57:28 pm »

Japan sent delegations to my elementary school as well, actually.  If anyone is familiar with the educational philosophy outlined in Totto-Chan: The Little Girl at the Window, that was basically my school but with more budget and crazier teachers.  Seriously, it was... really, really similar.  We even had a farm run by the kids with animals and produce that we sold every Tuesday (the produce, not the animals).  Nowadays it has classrooms with Mandarin immersion programs.  There was a huge library... and this was a public school, even.  No grades.

Thinking about it makes me want to be 7 so that I could do it all over and enjoy it again.

So envious.  Most of my grade school education was run by bigots, bullies, and molesters.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: February 07, 2011, 03:31:12 pm »

Took off my speed boots and put on waterwalking boots so I could cross the moat into Rodney's tower.  Went to take them off and found out I probably should have kept them in my bag of holding, a lich cursed them.

who would even make these conksuck boots anyway, imigrants?

What game are you playing?

Not that I need another timesink.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: February 07, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »

Sounds like Nethack.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: February 07, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »

Sounds like Nethack.
I didn't know until he mentioned Mind Flayers awhile ago.  I have to make a Nethack check though or else I keep thinking Cthluhu is going crazy.

Wait he's trying to beat Nethack.  Have you done this before and succeeded?  A high score screen shot would be cool.
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 8168