Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499172 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21840 on: February 07, 2011, 06:06:40 pm »

What, in the flesh or in your teeth?

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: February 07, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »

I figured today was a good time to cleanly install Ubuntu. This way I could get rid of my Windows partition (which I didn't like to use), and I could boot straight into ubuntu without dealing with the ugly Grub menu. I could restore all of my files, as I backed them up on an external drive first.

The first attempt didn't go to well, though I didn't at first realize why. Oh well, the second attempt works, right? right.

The reason the first attempt didn't work is because I erased the wrong hard drive - my backup. Now all of my pictures, school work, music, and movies are gone. I can rebuild some of them from CD's and downloading files from the internet, but only about 1/10th of it. Yeah, time to drink some chai (my caffeinated beverage of choice) - I'm going to need it.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: February 07, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »

And that's why I unplug all hard drives from my system short of the one I plan on purging and installing an OS on.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: February 07, 2011, 06:21:09 pm »

In my gums. I had my wisdom teeth out.

They kinda just throw a bunch of stitches in there and wait to see if the things close.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: February 07, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

Oooh, nice. I remember when they pulled mine out. Local anesthetic so no pain. I almost snapped an arm off the dentistry chair as the poor dude yanked at my teeth with all his might and I was pulling back against his pliers.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: February 07, 2011, 06:29:35 pm »

Global anesthetic, from which I awoke screaming because I didn't have proof that the universe existed and could no longer identify basic objects, and the pain pills they gave me didn't function.  At all.

I remember ordering my mother to give me something to write on, at which point I wrote a few sentences in English and Japanese about entropy and stopped crying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: February 07, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »

Out of curiosity, what did the sentences say?

As for me, I had 5 wisdom teeth, so I got general anesthetic. Things pretty much went better than expected, so it was rather boring.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: February 07, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »

Out of curiosity, what did the sentences say?

I'm not entirely certain, because I don't remember.

It was probably something like:

"I perceive a bookshelf and I am [extant] so there is something perceiving Descartes

The universe is collapsing as per Newton 2 [and therefore] there is a universe to be collapsing QEA"

It was completely ridiculous.  I also asked my mother questions half in Japanese and half in English on the pad, writing the Japanese character for "no" (the sound) rather than no in English.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:09 pm »

Ah, the drugged up versions of existence proofs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:46 pm »

Ah, the drugged up versions of existence proofs.

Yeah, basically.  I told you it was stupid.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: February 07, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »

The only thing I remember about getting my wisdom teeth removed was not being able to feel anything around/in my mouth and waking up after sleeping for most of the next day
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: February 07, 2011, 07:29:00 pm »

My teeth aren't even finished with growing. Somehow I fail to understand why they're such a big deal, but that's most likely just me.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:38 pm »

Well when wisdom teeth com in your mouth just doesn't have room for them, so You wind up dealing with a good amount of aching and stiffness and occasionally pain until they're removed.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: February 07, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »

Ah. Vacancy issues.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:39 pm »

yea i have yet to get rid of my wisdom teeth, and im already missing 4 from my mouth.

damnit, some dude's assistant dog took a big shit in the rec room XC
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 8168