Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498369 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16875 on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:24 pm »

Quick! Post your idea while I distract them with my plan to create energy!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: November 22, 2010, 03:39:19 pm »

Damn you, bay12forums, you've made me learn a new word. Now I'm gonna overuse lambasting whenever I'll get the chance to.
Damn you to hell.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:12 pm »

You're welcome.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #16878 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:45 pm »

It kind of sounds like some depraved sexual act.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #16879 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:42 pm »

Being sick sucks.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: November 22, 2010, 03:43:41 pm »

Indeed. Down with something awful here too.

What are you sick with?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #16881 on: November 22, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »

Some stomach bug, it doesn't help that I'm pretty much a stick and that our heater is shit.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16882 on: November 22, 2010, 04:05:19 pm »

Damn you, bay12forums, you've made me learn a new word. Now I'm gonna overuse lambasting whenever I'll get the chance to.
Damn you to hell.
It kind of sounds like some depraved sexual act.
I think it sounds more like tasty cooking involving a baby sheep. But that's just crazy talk, I'm sure.

I'm sad because I couldn't solve one of the problems on my math test today. So I went to the tutoring center right after the test ended and asked how to do it. And of course, it was just a simple, obvious step that I had neglected to consider for solving the equation. Bah! I blame the school for letting me skip the first two thirds of their algebra courses because some other dude's transcript got put in my file.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: November 22, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

Got called in for work, but had to refuse because... they called an hour later than they said they would, and by then my family had left with all the cars we have (we have three cars, four working people).  I don't even have a uniform for my job yet, so I figured I wasn't going to get called in today at all.

And also beat Deus Ex today... first went with the Helios ending, then changed my mind to the "nuke the internets" option.  The Helios ending creeped me out <_<

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: November 22, 2010, 05:06:46 pm »

Yeah, I've spent the last two hours skimming through Wiki to suss out the requisite equations. I'm already seeing some of the engineering challenges (and hey, now I finally understand the whole volts/amperes/watts thing), but I'm still trying to figure out if the end result would be worth the technical hurdles....
Looked up the definition for amps yet?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: November 22, 2010, 05:13:24 pm »

Yeah, I've spent the last two hours skimming through Wiki to suss out the requisite equations. I'm already seeing some of the engineering challenges (and hey, now I finally understand the whole volts/amperes/watts thing), but I'm still trying to figure out if the end result would be worth the technical hurdles....
Not really relevant in this case. Just trying to figure out how much voltage is needed to ionize a large quantity of water in a short amount of time. And then how much thrust would be generated by accelerating said ionized water through an electrohydrodynamic thruster. Then there's plenty of other details to work out (thermal reactions, cavitation, etc.)

The upshot is I'm trying to figure out if this would be a feasible mode of underwater propulsion (look ma, no moving parts!) and if it would be fast, slow or in-between and loud, quiet, etc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: November 22, 2010, 05:19:48 pm »

Wasn't that how the Red October worked in the namesake novel?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: November 22, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »

Not really relevant in this case. Just trying to figure out how much voltage is needed to ionize a large quantity of water in a short amount of time. And then how much thrust would be generated by accelerating said ionized water through an electrohydrodynamic thruster. Then there's plenty of other details to work out (thermal reactions, cavitation, etc.)

The upshot is I'm trying to figure out if this would be a feasible mode of underwater propulsion (look ma, no moving parts!) and if it would be fast, slow or in-between and loud, quiet, etc.
Ask the Japanese:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamic_drive

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: November 22, 2010, 05:33:45 pm »

I hate myself and don't care.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:04 pm »

I hate myself and don't care.

Come my friend, you have much to learn.  You're entering a whole new world of enlightenment...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 8168