Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9479866 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8625 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:04 pm »

I just realised that it's been so long since I last downloaded something illegally off the Internet, I'm not sure how to do it any more - what with all the new-fangled stuff. What makes me sad about it, is that it makes me feel small, insecure, and a bit scared (of the Big Bad Internet).
This must be what growing up feels like.
Love, scriver~

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: July 30, 2010, 08:03:17 pm »

I just went out to buy some RAM, since an upgrade to this computer is long overdue... (since my compy is now 1/4 my age). Double checked what sort of RAM I needed, and what my board could handle, and went out to the store. I even brought a stick with me for demonstrative purposes. Snagged a 1GB stick, and brought it home, with the salesman's insistence that it was the right one.

I got home, opened my case, and lo and behold it didn't fit. By all logic, it should fit, since it's DDR2 as I need, but the it physically won't, because of a little raised tab.

Dell apparently likes making hardware upgrades nigh impossible by using custom connectors, etc. My RAEG is palpable.

Get out the pliers, and fix that?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: July 30, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »

I just realised that it's been so long since I last downloaded something illegally off the Internet, I'm not sure how to do it any more - what with all the new-fangled stuff. What makes me sad about it, is that it makes me feel small, insecure, and a bit scared (of the Big Bad Internet).

Download µtorrent.
Find torrent.
Open torrent.
Wait.
???
Profit.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8628 on: July 30, 2010, 08:09:28 pm »

Download µtorrent.
Find torrent.
Open torrent.
Wait.
 ???
Profit.
Hell, I'm doing that right now!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: July 30, 2010, 08:10:37 pm »

I just went out to buy some RAM, since an upgrade to this computer is long overdue... (since my compy is now 1/4 my age). Double checked what sort of RAM I needed, and what my board could handle, and went out to the store. I even brought a stick with me for demonstrative purposes. Snagged a 1GB stick, and brought it home, with the salesman's insistence that it was the right one.

I got home, opened my case, and lo and behold it didn't fit. By all logic, it should fit, since it's DDR2 as I need, but the it physically won't, because of a little raised tab.

Dell apparently likes making hardware upgrades nigh impossible by using custom connectors, etc. My RAEG is palpable.

That may explain why he's typing backwards now.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #8630 on: July 30, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »

Download µtorrent.
Find torrent.
Open torrent.
Wait.
 ???
Profit.
You'd think Toady would have some rule against discussing piracy...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: July 30, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »

By raised tab do you mean in the slot, there's a little ridge slightly off center?

You probably have a SIMM stick and your connectors are DIMM.

What I'm trying to say is don't follow Akigagak's advice.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:35:19 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8632 on: July 30, 2010, 08:36:23 pm »

Download µtorrent.
Find torrent.
Open torrent.
Wait.
 ???
Profit.
I'm pretty sure that only counts for LPs. Or is that SA?

EDIT: Yeah it's just SA. You can't post links to illegal material.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:38:35 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: July 30, 2010, 08:37:50 pm »

Who's discussing piracy? As far as I can see they are just talking about the application utorrent, which has many legitimate uses.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: July 30, 2010, 08:38:19 pm »

Like MechWarrior 4.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #8635 on: July 30, 2010, 09:17:16 pm »

Who's discussing piracy? As far as I can see they are just talking about the application utorrent, which has many legitimate uses.
Right here :P

I know that torrenting has legitimate uses, I used it to download an Ubuntu iso.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: July 30, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »

Yeah, utorrent is perfectly legal, but the discussion is based around someone talking about how he used to download illegal stuff. Talking about that is against forum rules.

e: Goddamn it, coming down with something, probably what my parents had, which means it might well knock me right the hell out. I am not letting this happen. I will kick your ass, flu!

I WILL KICK YOUR ASS.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:37:08 pm by Jackrabbit »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #8637 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:20 pm »

I have a strong immune system, the last time I got sick was when I had pneumonia in September 2008 :P

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: July 30, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »

Ear infection. And off and on headache and stomachache.

Goodd daaamn... This is annoying. ><
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: July 30, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »

Yeah, utorrent is perfectly legal, but the discussion is based around someone talking about how he used to download illegal stuff. Talking about that is against forum rules.

e: Goddamn it, coming down with something, probably what my parents had, which means it might well knock me right the hell out. I am not letting this happen. I will kick your ass, flu!

I WILL KICK YOUR ASS.
Kick it's ass, Jack! Use those big floppy bunnyrabbit feet! Then help Janet!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 8167