Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496191 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4695 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:41 pm »

Last night I dreamed about my favorite forum closing. Now guess what happened.
Damn.
Damn Damn Damn.  >:(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: April 21, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »

You have a curse.

You must never sleep again.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: April 21, 2010, 11:14:07 pm »

No, he must master lucid dreaming, then dream of the release of DF 1.0!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: April 21, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »

No, he must master lucid dreaming, then dream of the release of DF 1.0!

"Hey guys, I've decided I'm done with Dwarf Fortress and it's time to get a real job. So I'm slapping a 1.0 on this as is and heading out. See you later!"
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:01 am »

While driving home from work today, some genius in an SUV decided to make a left turn at an intersection, without checking for oncoming traffic (IE. me) and as a result managed to completely crush the front end of my car. I got out of it with a bad headache, some minor burns, and a cough from smoke that filled the cabin, but my car was pretty much destroyed. I literally just put new tires on the car a few days ago too, and I now have no way to get to work, school, or anything.

On top of that, the towing company that the police contacted tried to take advantage of my shock and confusion by trying their damnedest to trick me into signing the title over to them, so they'd be able to collect my insurance deductible. Guess who's getting the Better Business Bureau called on them... huge honking pricks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: April 22, 2010, 01:28:56 am »

Quote from: Ridiculous Quote Pyramid
D&D
Well. Hmmm. I could run a Play by Post, if you want. Maybe we should take this out of this thread, first.
Neruz runs an internet-based game over here, but it is a little, ummm, perhaps 'undisciplined' would be the correct term...
Anyway it is one possible source of dungeons and/or dragons...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:06 am »

I haven't had the time to catch up with any of my buddies over the net recently and it's starting to get to me.

Hey guys! Sorry I'm not returning your calls!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: April 22, 2010, 01:45:10 am »

You should be! I've been INCREDIBLY depressed without you!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:22 am »

http://www.dailytech.com/ACTA+Draft+DRM+Bypassing+ThoughtCrime+are+Illegal+P2P+Engine+Development+is+Criminal/article18183.htm

Governments shouldn't be pushing to hide things from the people they serve, surely the fact they even feel they need to hide it is a good indication it's not a good thing to do.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50:33 am »

While driving home from work today, some genius in an SUV decided to make a left turn at an intersection, without checking for oncoming traffic (IE. me) and as a result managed to completely crush the front end of my car. I got out of it with a bad headache, some minor burns, and a cough from smoke that filled the cabin, but my car was pretty much destroyed. I literally just put new tires on the car a few days ago too, and I now have no way to get to work, school, or anything.

On top of that, the towing company that the police contacted tried to take advantage of my shock and confusion by trying their damnedest to trick me into signing the title over to them, so they'd be able to collect my insurance deductible. Guess who's getting the Better Business Bureau called on them... huge honking pricks.

man that sucks! I'm learning to drive and watching the stupid things people do is disheartening. those tow truck guys are not worth your time. You should have refused to sign anything and I guess called another tow truck company?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: April 22, 2010, 10:07:47 am »

man that sucks! I'm learning to drive and watching the stupid things people do is disheartening. those tow truck guys are not worth your time. You should have refused to sign anything and I guess called another tow truck company?

The police called the company, since they were local, and if the towing to their place hadn't been free, I wouldn't have done it. I just couldn't store my trashed car at my apartment complex, while it was smoldering and leaking radiator fluid. I still kept the car in my name, and I'm going to hold the guy accountable for trying to swindle me... but after I get what I need out of them.

It's the following morning. The headache hasn't gone away, I've still got the burns, and apparently a few cuts from the glass, and now my neck is severely sore. I called into work today so I could handle this, and my manager tried to get me to come in anyway, since they're doing a big Earth Day celebration.

Instead, I made the ultimate sacrifice for Earth Day, in accidentally electing to completely destroy my car. Take that, Global Warming!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:35 am »

Try to get yourself a medical check, car crashes can do some pretty obscure things to people...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: April 22, 2010, 11:44:55 am »

That car crash seems really bad. Its a good thing you didn't get seriously hurt. Hopefully your insurance will cover a lot of it?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: April 22, 2010, 11:48:02 am »

@Solifuge:

Yergh, that sounds horrible.  You really should get in to see a doctor as soon as you can, doodabuddy... though it's good to hear that you're still alive and mostly well.  My (completely unprofessional) guess is that the headache is either from blunt trauma or smoke inhalation, but in either case you probably want to go in to make sure everything's working all right.

Good luck, and take care.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:54 am »

Yesterday was a HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY.
Part of it was because my favorite forum closed :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 8168