Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495384 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4725 on: April 22, 2010, 05:05:18 pm »

For the sad thread, everyone is a bit jovial. More crushing despair!

I haven't studied at all today.  In fact, it was... just kind of pleasant.

;______________________________________________________________________________;

Oh noes!  The sad whale shall never become a mathematician at this rate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: April 22, 2010, 05:10:48 pm »

I didn't write a novel today.  I tried to draw something, but I got interrupted by friends (which was cool).  I can't think of anything I want to do besides sleep, because I may have broken my shoulder at work last night.  And tonight I'm going to go back and do it again, and my feet will hurt like fuck because I'm a terrible procrastinator who would rather not find a good shoe store, instead of buying new shoes so my feet don't turn into lumpy flippers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 22, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »

I went into college early today, to make up for being late on the first day back.

Guess what?

The classes had been canceled, and only me and one other guy in my class hadn't been told, so we hung around the classroom confused and concerned that we were missing something important. After about 45 minutes, during which I said 'to hell with it' and started playing with Ai, the teacher walked past and saw us in his room, told us we didn't have to be in today, apologised for failing to reach us, then sent us off.

So I went to the park and rested on some grass in the shade, had a mini-picnic and got flirted at. So, actually, nice day overall, even if I didn't get her number.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: April 22, 2010, 05:14:19 pm »

I went into college early today, to make up for being late on the first day back.

Guess what?

The classes had been canceled, and only me and one other guy in my class hadn't been told, so we hung around the classroom confused and concerned that we were missing something important. After about 45 minutes, during which I said 'to hell with it' and started playing with Ai, the teacher walked past and saw us in his room, told us we didn't have to be in today, apologised for failing to reach us, then sent us off.

So I went to the park and rested on some grass in the shade, had a mini-picnic and got flirted at. So, actually, nice day overall, even if I didn't get her number.
What is Ai?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: April 22, 2010, 05:19:42 pm »

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: April 22, 2010, 05:20:53 pm »

I haven't studied at all today.  In fact, it was... just kind of pleasant.

;______________________________________________________________________________;

Oh noes!  The sad whale shall never become a mathematician at this rate.

Vector is so cool.

I didn't write a novel today.  I tried to draw something, but I got interrupted by friends (which was cool).  I can't think of anything I want to do besides sleep, because I may have broken my shoulder at work last night.  And tonight I'm going to go back and do it again, and my feet will hurt like fuck because I'm a terrible procrastinator who would rather not find a good shoe store, instead of buying new shoes so my feet don't turn into lumpy flippers.

I /said/ crushing despair, not whining pansy bitchy. Get it right!

I got fairly sad over something silly last night that I should write an apology for. I have a mutual crush with someone who a bit to far to have a formal relationship, so we're just friends.

And she been fairly busy RL and haven't been popping up online, which was bumming me out.  I didn't handle nor display my dissatisfaction gracefully. I didn't like the sour taste of reclassifying the friendship as one sided. Sorta an embarrassing one really.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: April 22, 2010, 07:40:22 pm »

I'm just generally depressed right now and have no one I feel like talking to around at the moment...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: April 22, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »

Requiem for a Dream.

I'm halfway through, and Fuck.

God damnit movie.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: April 22, 2010, 09:13:18 pm »

I'm just generally depressed right now and have no one I feel like talking to around at the moment...

Hey, you've always got us.  Not that many of us are a barrel of chuckles either, dang board full of schizophrenics and chronic depressers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:45 pm »

Hey, you've always got us.  Not that many of us are a barrel of chuckles either, dang board full of schizophrenics and chronic depressers.
I'm rather proud of myself; I just had a productive conversation with Janet.

Also, counter-trolling++
That loser never knew what hit him.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:30:02 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: April 22, 2010, 09:22:56 pm »

Yes actually. That was nice.

Faith in boards occupants++
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: April 22, 2010, 10:11:03 pm »

Very strange, a person who's a friend of a friend of an ex from three years ago just sent me a message on Myspace. Granted it was an important ex, but that bridge burned like, two and a half or so years ago, and the person in question is all the way in Mechanicsburg. More to the point, I haven't even talked to the ex or any of what would be considered real 'mutual' friends in over two years. What would be the point of sending an invite to someone that obscure? Social networking is odd.

Anyway, on a seperate note, Lucy/Chibi/Mary or whatever she goes by matches Janet's internet personality so close I wouldn't have been too shocked if she had a boyfriend named Wolf/Daiki at some point. Unless all popular outward fun crazy alternative anime/goth-loving local celebrities who occasionally do recreational drugs 'for the hell of it' act like that, or just the ones from upscale rural outskirts of Ohio
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:29 pm »

I am literally sitting here with my mouth hanging open because of Requiem For A Dream.

Fucking movie.

God damn.

DAMNIT. I CAN'T STOP WATCHING.

Its over..... Dear Fucking God, its over.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:15:05 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: April 22, 2010, 11:21:04 pm »

I've been stressed lately. I'm your typical lazy ass who doesn't think to clean more than the regular keep things tidy, make bed, clean dishes, take out the trash kind of way. I recently graduated from college with the highest marks in my class. I know office administration like it was the back of my hand, I command knowledge that many office workers would have to look up in reference manuals. I've been out there looking for work for weeks.

Not one response.

Could it be my cover letter and resume? I have had it proofed by multiple hiring authorities and they all comment on how professional and amazing it looks so that's not the problem. There are ads for these jobs I want so its not like the market is dry.

My wife who was used to doing all the extra things around the house that makes it truly clean now works and hasn't the time nor the energy to do them. And she shouldn't, it's my moral responsibility as the person with more free time to take care of the house. Especially since she still does the cooking. I just don't think of, know how to do all these things and it's making her upset and stressed. I don't want to do that to her.

Why haven't I gotten any responses? It's not the way I dress, I have really nice shoes, an expensive tailored jacket and dress pants. I always make sure my hair looks professional when I'm out handing out resumes. I smile, I look people in the eyes when I give them a nice firm but not overpowering handshake. I try to make thing "more than a couple sentences" when talking with the people I meet.

Every day that goes by I feel like a free loader. I want to work damn it! I don't want some crappy call center job again, or be stuck in the back of some fast food joint. I want a job I can feel proud of, a job with a future, a job where when someone looks at me, they don't see some akward kid wearing a stupid shirt.

But when I stop to think about it, I'm not being truthful to you all, or myself. of the 100% pie that is the administration field, I only have a chance at 5% of it. because I am a damn, dirty ape man.

I hate this so much, every-time it comes up I just want to scream. The self-image issues, the lack of any access to psychological help in this hick city. The only endocrinologist in the city who "Doesn't take my kind". The clothes I hate but have to wear, the social expectations I have been saddled with because of my birth.

I don't care if being born this way might have been the reason I'm "so smart". I don't care that dealing with this crap for so long has toughened me up and made me more resilient. I just want what everyone else has, I just want to have shallow, frivolous problems.

I just want a job in the field I'm good at, so I can afford a car and go somewhere where I can get help. Everyday I'm a little older, a little uglier and a little more sad.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:11 pm »

Someone I know got assaulted for being Asian.

If you are bigoted, I fucking hate your guts.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 8168