Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480181 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4320 on: April 12, 2010, 03:11:43 pm »

Yeah... my only recurring dream/nightmare nowadays is one where I'm running, and with every step it gets harder and harder until I'm pretty much being pressed into the floor.  It's like the gravity is increasing, the air growing thicker, and I can't breathe... but for some reason I still can't stop running.

I also seem to have gone back to the dreams my brain hands me when I'm lonely, which is kind of annoying.  Recurring dreams about having a close friend to comfort me are unwelcome, at this point.  They just remind me of what I'm missing.

For reference, my entire real-life social network for the next 9 months or so is: mother, father, Rosewood (and at the moment, I'm questioning my desire to spend any large amount of time with him).  Oh, well... I'm currently hoping to bike over to the nearby math department and bother the professors/students from time to time.  That should help a lot, especially once I manage to start studying again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: April 12, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »

I loved reading everyones stories. They were fun(in a horrible way).

Especially the one with the evil bug with an army of dead children. You should write novels.

Anyway I myself dont have nightmares. Im always heroic in my dreams and overcome whatever happens.

I have been woken up once by one of my dreams having a screamer in it though, but it wasn't really scary, just really loud. I woke up and my ears were buzzing. It was so cool.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: April 12, 2010, 05:58:33 pm »

So, I've been thinking about hanging myself. The fast kind with snapping neck, not the slowly suffocating style. According to some 1920's hanger, my weight would take about an eight foot drop.

That's my backup plan if it gets worse.
The 'fun' part though is that I'm not in an especially bad situation or anything.
It's just that, call it too much Nietzsche and Black Metal, if you want, I don't see any point in life, or, at least, nothing living for. Right now it's a boring mass of grey I could leave if I want. However, I do not want to leave behind my only real and best friend and my family.

So, what the hell. If I'll ever write a death note, I'll write in it that I was not depressed, but englightened.

As far as a lifetime of thinking on the subject can determine, life has no inherent purpose. Does that make it pointless? Oddly, no.

Life, in my worldview, is a happy accident. I am, at my most basic level, a highly complex self-sustaining chemical reaction. At the most esoteric level, I am a way for the matter and stuff of the universe to know itself. By the virtue of just being alive, I am, along with other life, another one of myriad amazing happenings in the universe, and without myself and other life, all of these amazing things could never be witnessed, known, remembered, or understood. Every sunrise, every eclipse, every crash of a wave tracing lines of foam on the sand... every moment of every happening ever would be utterly unknown. Life is not at all pointless... in fact, the mere presence of life gives meaning and purpose to the entire universe, and without that, there is nothing.

In this universe in which we live, on this little blue-green marble, with all our joys and hardships and arguments and kindnesses, the only true tragedy is a reasonless loss of life. It's one of few purely destructive acts in the world, causes nothing but hurt, and unmakes something that can never be made again. Regardless of your worldview, every one of us is a rare and unique thing that only comes into being as we are once. You didn't have a choice in when and where you wanted to live your life, so if you're here anyway you can choose whether to make the best you can out of it, or you can choose to not participate... but by refusing to participate you only cause harm.

When I'm having a rough period, I often find the words of Carl Sagan inspiring.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:12:48 pm by Solifuge »

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: April 12, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »

So, I have a writing assignment due tomorrow.

Spoiler: rantrantrant (click to show/hide)
tl;dr: Even if I do something lazily, I get rewarded the same, if not more, than if I actually put forth effort. By handing in a terrible (by my standards) assignment, I'm seeking to get a bad mark to prove that this isn't true.

So while I'm not really 'sad' right now, I fully expect to be in a few days when it turns out that once again, I'm rewarded for my laziness.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: April 12, 2010, 06:25:47 pm »

I confused Carl Sagan with George Carlin for a moment and thought that Vector was going to link to the 7 words.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: April 12, 2010, 06:32:52 pm »

It's probably the most half-assed thing I've ever written. 1.5 pages, 700 words. The plot ends spontaneously. There is no real resolution.
I bet the teacher will find the inner meaning and give you a 99. :P

hey at least you didn't write a whole paper and get a 0 on it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: April 12, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »

I appear to be psychologically dependent on mathematics.

Seriously, I can't concentrate on cleaning my room.  I keep thinking about how much I want to study algebra.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: April 12, 2010, 07:15:39 pm »

I appear to be psychologically dependent on mathematics.

Seriously, I can't concentrate on cleaning my room.  I keep thinking about how much I want to study algebra.
That's funny, becuase I cant concentrate on my math homework becuase I keep thinking about how filthy my room is.

We should trade places.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

Wow. This is a momentous moment in my life. I've never known someone who actually wants to study algebra.

Also, I can't seem to find a certain GKC page... It's taking for-EVER.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: April 12, 2010, 07:19:53 pm »

Wow. This is a momentous moment in my life. I've never known someone who actually wants to study algebra.

It's so beautiful and lovely ;_;  The manipulation of symbols!  The little clever tricks!  The pages and pages blessed with elegance, and all those clear logical words that make things so nice to think about...

*sigh*

I'm in love.  Tomorrow morning, I'll get up at 7 and after breakfast it's straight to the textbooks for me <3

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:11 pm »

I only feel that way about English, History and maybe when I read a good book. Such strange things can happen in the world.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: April 12, 2010, 07:26:24 pm »

I only feel that way about English, History and maybe when I read a good book. Such strange things can happen in the world.

What.  Unpossible.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

What.  Unpossible.
See what I mean? I love reading about peoples past and all that crap. I couldn't care more about those floozywhatsits in math.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »

I love my History, English, Science, and Spanish classes. The only thing I hate is math, because none of the teachers get how to teach it at my school. They go on for the whole time about theory bullshit, and just lecturing at us without putting anything concrete on the board. By the time we do get to the practice, the theory is long-gone. It is something that needs to be done incrementally and they don't seem to get that. Hell, you work it step-by-step, why not teach it the same?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: April 12, 2010, 08:40:52 pm »

I just folded the laundry over here and my back hurts.

Minor yes, but it makes me sad!
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 8167