Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480132 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4335 on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:36 pm »

So, I have a writing assignment due tomorrow.

Spoiler: rantrantrant (click to show/hide)
tl;dr: Even if I do something lazily, I get rewarded the same, if not more, than if I actually put forth effort. By handing in a terrible (by my standards) assignment, I'm seeking to get a bad mark to prove that this isn't true.

So while I'm not really 'sad' right now, I fully expect to be in a few days when it turns out that once again, I'm rewarded for my laziness.

back in high school I discovered the secret to these things. most of the marks are for adhering to proper formatting and grammar/spelling. a small amount of marks are there for the validity of your work, even less if the subject is English.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »

Fucking headphones broke and if anyone knew just how important sound was to me then they'd know why this is fucking terrible.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »

Fucking headphones broke and if anyone knew just how important sound was to me then they'd know why this is fucking terrible.

crappy. I'd be pretty upset too, mayhaps it'd be wise to invest in a dollar store variety back-up for next time. Headphones pretty much always find a way to break, its as natural as wires and string finding a way to tangle all on their own.

or you could imagine that there's a big conspiracy to make headphones so delicate that they will always break after a certain time period has passed.

Hope you can get them replaced/repaired quickly. I'd hate to be stuck without music for my writing.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »

I kept biting through the wire on my old one, but i fixed that with some electrical tape.

Are they unfix-able, or did the plastic just snap?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: April 12, 2010, 10:21:59 pm »

Hope you can get them replaced/repaired quickly. I'd hate to be stuck without music for my writing.
This reminds me that I have all of this beutiful music and nothing to do while listening to it. :(

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: April 12, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »

This reminds me that I have all of this beutiful music and nothing to do while listening to it. :(

play a video game that despite the music is totally awesome and just turn off the game's music while you listen to your own. there's plenty of examples of this out there, some closer than you may think.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: April 12, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »

Meh.

I want to do something that is not playing games.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: April 12, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »

Meh.

you could read or write a story. even just a short one. or if your more of an artist you could draw or paint or craft. Maybe you have an MP3 player and a headset? go out and take a long walk and go somewhere you haven't been before (assuming that isn't some dangerous place in a city)

[shameless plug]or.... you could click on the link in my sig and go read that[/shameless plug]

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: April 12, 2010, 11:03:10 pm »

Aforementioned headphone breakage. Totally bored because of that and that no one is free to talk to that I want to right now. And a really good friend is going to go in an hour.

Meh. Today sucked as much as I thought it would.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: April 12, 2010, 11:06:10 pm »

Meh.

you could read or write a story. even just a short one. or if your more of an artist you could draw or paint or craft. Maybe you have an MP3 player and a headset? go out and take a long walk and go somewhere you haven't been before (assuming that isn't some dangerous place in a city)

[shameless plug]or.... you could click on the link in my sig and go read that[/shameless plug]
Then that's exactly what I will do!

I just cant go walking becuase of the format. Oh, that and the gangsters. It's dangerous to go alone!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: April 12, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »

It's dangerous to go alone!
Well then take this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for being sad, I went to sleep at 8:00... and then woke up at midnight. Getting back to sleep's gonna be Fun.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: April 12, 2010, 11:41:46 pm »

So far, I've finished day two on my quest to get my WoW account back up and running.  Patching is done, just need to see if that stinken' scroll of resurrection will show up in my inbox already.  I also hope that my friend spelled my email right.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:31 am »

It's dangerous to go alone!
Well then take this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for being sad, I went to sleep at 8:00... and then woke up at midnight. Getting back to sleep's gonna be Fun.

YOU JUMPED INTO A SWORD, YOU RETARD.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:40 am »

Wow. This is a momentous moment in my life. I've never known someone who actually wants to study algebra.

How can you not love algebra?, it's maths at it's purest and it allows you to explain everything.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 8167