Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461314 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3270 on: March 08, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

Nobody ever wants to come to my streams...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: March 08, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »

Stress gives me canker sores.  Arghleblarghle.
From biting on your lip?

Huh?  No.  Canker sores are also known as apthous ulcers.  Basically, it's just "my body's stressed because my mind is stressed, so it decided to let me know this by giving me a lot of open sores in my mouth."  Whoooo.
Thats really strange. Spontaneous ulcers?

It's kind of creepy.  Even I hate chapstick, and my lips are constantly dry and chapped.  I refuse to use it on general principle.
Im the same about lotion, there were once these large gashes in my hands from dryness caused by a solvent, but I refused to wear lotion even though they would constantly crack and bleed all over the place.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: March 08, 2010, 10:13:16 pm »

Thats really strange. Spontaneous ulcers?

Yup.  The cause is unknown, or so says Wikipedia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: March 09, 2010, 03:21:27 am »

Some church friends introduced me to a game called League of Legends.  It's a free PvP online RPG/RTS, and it's pretty fun, most of the time.  I intentially chose a difficult character to play just for the challenge, and I'm quite proud to say I'm pretty good with Anivia, the Cryophoenix (ice phoenix, basically).  What made me sad today was I finally managed to group up with my friends to have a good time.  We could only stomach two matches.  The first match was easily dominated by Twitch, a rat with a poison crossbow and stealth ability, who everyone agrees is ridiculously overpowered... unless you play him of course.  We were curb stomped, there were several occasions where 3-4 of us would be pursuing the other team when suddenly Twitch would appear out of nowhere and kill us all, even if we were all at full health and threw everything at him.  The second match was almost the same, except with another OP character named Morganna, who's some sort of fallen angel... thing.  She has a two shot combo that can practically kill anyone... if the first shot hits, which is usually does.  She pulled this on me so many times that she out leveled everyone and could eventually, easily, wipe our team by herself.  So much for a good time.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:02 am »

I know canker sores.  Ouchy.  I can't help chewing the inside of my cheek.
Something that makes me sad today, hmmmmmmm.  I can't think of anything.

OH WAIT

MSPA won't be updating for a few days.  :[

YOU CANNOT BE SAD AT THAT!

THAT IS A SIGN OF [S.]

DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK ILL OF ANYTHING LEADING TO [S.]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:00:35 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:52 am »

Nobody ever wants to come to my streams...
What stream? ???
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: March 09, 2010, 05:38:52 am »

"CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

INEEDITWANTITLOVEITWHYCANTIHAVEITWHYWHYWHYWHYIMHUNGRYIMGONNADIEWITHOUTCHEESEGIMMENAONAONAONAONAO"

-me, when coming down from my fast in front of the computer.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: March 09, 2010, 12:38:37 pm »

Pardon the length, but just trying to get this all out somewhere.

I have a good friend of mine, whom I really like. I'd been wanting to ask her out for some time now, but first wanted to figure out if it was just a passing crush. I kept on comming up with neat ideas for things to do on dates and such, but never made it explicitly a date... we saw movies, I invited her to see a world music concert on campus, and even came up with a sensible excuse to come over and cook dinner for her (she was too busy to cook, and I had no cookware at my new place).

While we were hanging out, she started mentioning that a friend convinced her to try out dating websites and such, but she seemed lukewarm toward the whole idea. Figuring that was as good a cue as any, I decided to formally ask her out. Though it's a bit of an emotional blur, I remember fumbling over everything I was trying to say, possibly repeating myself like a huge idiot, and I'm sure I would have found it very entertaining to watch if it hadn't been me... but at least I had finally asked.

Apparently she had been doing the dating website thing for longer than she'd let on, however, as she had just started dating a guy she met on there. Then she asked if I wanted a hug. I understood the gesture, but it totally felt patronizing, given the situation.

This was a few weeks ago, at this point. We're still good friends, but both of us have gotten mutually awkward around one another whenever we hang out. Some friends were over, and I was cooking for everyone, when she kept asking if there were little things she could help with... like getting a pan out of a cupboard, or stirring something, or asking if I was looking for something, etc. I couldn't tell if she was really bored (everyone else were playing games and such), or was trying awkwardly to start a conversation, or what... but yeah.

Basically, through hesitation I lost what chances I might have had with someone I really get along well with, and in the processed FUBARed a perfectly good friendship with unrequited-attraction awkwardness. If nothing else, it gave me the time to realize it -was- just a crush, and that there are enough fundamental differences in our life philosohpies to have made long-term prospects difficult... but it's still pretty lame.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:43:49 pm by Solifuge »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3278 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

Ah, the "just friends zone". Gotta love that. Reason I no longer approach; but instead research how to reverse things to minimize it making it a "win or fail" thing only, and if done right you don't have to make the decision whether to approach or not, but instead accept or reject. I never thought shooting down targets was so much fun. The greater the value to disappoint, the more satisfying (so to put it, to have sufficiently attractive/cute girls hit on you, and reject them as a "Take that" is satisfying as Hell after having it done to you for your whole life. May continue the celibacy direction, but after waiting for so long, who gives a fuck? I'm getting my revenge for my past, and having fun while at it.

So to put it, I've been reverse-engineering the psyche of these kind of situations. I mean, seeing as I've been in similar positions in my past and constantly failed, and noticed that the girls I had my crushes on barely did a thing, or even weaponized it; why not figure out what they did in order to disarm or use it myself?

Basically, with enough fridge logic, in order to no longer be considered "the nice guy", forget everything you learned regarding self-help or anyone's advice towards dating or asking out, and from there go opposite-instinct the rest of the way. Or so to put it, be a man. I have been at my absolute worst in appearance, and somehow still managed to attract someone to the point of their approach; how? I didn't acknowledge their existence, I was no gentleman, and I judged before I "presented myself". Who'd think that would give off a similar effect to an Axe commercial? Maybe it's also why I enjoyed the shoot-down so much as well; it's my way of beating sense back into women. Take disappointment to 11 when they finally approach and feel the ice burn that guys feel when they go through the approach for once.

I tried it out during my mini-vacation, and to put it simply, I'm not comfortable with success. Something wasn't right; I was actually appealing to women for once in my life. I think they're still thinking of me, regardless how uninteresting and cynical (opposite instinct as to what I would normally do) I made myself. And other instances, I just minded myself when going to the beach one day, and did a fake-out of my value. Man, the expression change was rather fun to watch (went from "REALLY?!" to "Really...?" when I told her "You see that nice big house? ...Yeah, it's the house right behind that.").

Now what's gotten me sad is, I'll finally have to admit it; I am a bitter bitter person, but I don't care, being the demons suits my style after being a saint sans reward my whole life. What also makes me sad is that my becoming a complete asshole is actually improving my odds with the ladies. At least I'm getting tons of research done to retain some sort of sainthood. I'm making notes just in case the next generation of my family gets any trouble with hooking up with anyone; just as well for anyone who has been through the hell of being single with no idea what success feels like.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:35:20 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: March 09, 2010, 02:47:17 pm »

^^^ You are a perfect illustration of what makes self-proclaimed nice guys creepy: their sense of entitlement.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »

My question is this: do you really want a woman who would want you when you're acting like that?  Is that the kind of long-term relationship you want--you're a dick, she fawns over you, you spend the rest of your relationship doing that until the hormones wear off and she realizes she's being dumb?

Maybe you should rethink your priorities.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:50 pm »

^^^ You are a perfect illustration of what makes self-proclaimed nice guys creepy: their sense of entitlement.

Also a sociopath.  Shooting down girls to get revenge on girls from your past is one of the most immature things I've ever heard of someone doing.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3282 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:04 pm »

My question is this: do you really want a woman who would want you when you're acting like that?  Is that the kind of long-term relationship you want--you're a dick, she fawns over you, you spend the rest of your relationship doing that until the hormones wear off and she realizes she's being dumb?

Maybe you should rethink your priorities.

Also a sociopath.  Shooting down girls to get revenge on girls from your past is one of the most immature things I've ever heard of someone doing.

Just posting that I have a response for this time, but I can't get to it right now. I'm already late for work. I'll be back to respond.

(seems more responses ocurred than I thought. I'll post my apology recently instead.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:04:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: March 09, 2010, 03:06:19 pm »

Actually, I've heard the "Be an Asshole => Attract Others" argument before... and I've seen situational  evidence that it can work.

I also know that it's not something I have in me. I've got way too much empathy going on, and I'd feel terrible being pointedly cruel to someone. Moreover, I don't want to have to use psychological tactics to coerce someone into a relationship... if they aren't looking for someone like me, it's better off not happening, as I see it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the entire forum.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: March 09, 2010, 03:07:11 pm »

Seconded.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 8167