Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461385 times)

Mortesphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3255 on: March 08, 2010, 05:28:02 pm »

I saw a grade two kid with an iPhone.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: March 08, 2010, 05:29:30 pm »

Yeah. I go to Kaplan Highschool.
The highschool I used to go to was annoying so I complained and research and my mom let me join it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: March 08, 2010, 05:53:31 pm »

Stress gives me canker sores.  Arghleblarghle.
From biting on your lip?

Huh?  No.  Canker sores are also known as apthous ulcers.  Basically, it's just "my body's stressed because my mind is stressed, so it decided to let me know this by giving me a lot of open sores in my mouth."  Whoooo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:07 pm »

I know canker sores.  Ouchy.  I can't help chewing the inside of my cheek.
Something that makes me sad today, hmmmmmmm.  I can't think of anything.

OH WAIT

MSPA won't be updating for a few days.  :[

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »

I have a painful lump on the left-had side of the tip of my tongue, a sensitive tooth, and a doubly sensitive, half-sized front tooth hat needs a veneer fitting.

It's hard to eat, i've had to tighten my watch quite a bit...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: March 08, 2010, 06:04:15 pm »

I know canker sores.  Ouchy.  I can't help chewing the inside of my cheek.

Yeah, I do this =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: March 08, 2010, 06:09:37 pm »

What exactly are canker sores?

The American term for ulcers?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: March 08, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »

Sores in the mouth. I've had them a few times. Painful.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:45 pm »

So are they ulcers? or some other form of sore?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: March 08, 2010, 06:18:10 pm »

On another note, I was pretty depressed when I found out we blew the test reaction for a project today. Going to have to do that thursday and get the results on friday, which leaves us with.... half a day to get the results worked up for the end report...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: March 08, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »

For the last few days, something unusual has been happening, my lips have started to become chapped. Now, this probably only ever happened once before, and so this comes as quite a surprise. Now, my first reaction to any problem is to ignore it, and see if it goes away without needing to force the issue, and I do. However, my lips are determined to become drier and drier, and it becomes unbearable eventually, when I wake up on the third day since the beginning of this problem and my lips have become so dry that they've changed color, painfully crack when I move them, and little chunks are falling off. WHY they're doing this now and never before is beyond me.

Now, I'm forced to go buy something that I abolutely resent having to buy, chap stick. Now, looking through the selection, there are disgusting looking varieties of it, like "Cherry" or "Strawberry", and I have to shuffle though it to look for something to retain atleast alittle dignity. I do settle on one though, "Medicated: for severely chapped lips", and I think 'hey, sounds perfect'. Putting it on though, in the bathroom where noone can see me of course, the lip stick-esque nature of it still causes it to make me feel like a drag queen geriatric patient, even while it soothes my tender lips. I feel the urge to put this on every single time it rubs off or something, just so I can fix my lips and finally throw it in a department of my luggage and forget about it forever.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:26:25 pm by JoshuaFH »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: March 08, 2010, 06:27:23 pm »

What's wrong with putting chap stick on, I see guys do it all the time.

Just make sure it's white.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: March 08, 2010, 06:41:53 pm »

So are they ulcers? or some other form of sore?

Yup, mouth ulcers.

What's wrong with putting chap stick on, I see guys do it all the time.

Just make sure it's white.

It's kind of creepy.  Even I hate chapstick, and my lips are constantly dry and chapped.  I refuse to use it on general principle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3268 on: March 08, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »

Ugh, canker sores are a pain. Thanks to my job, I once had to deal with one for a couple weeks, and another for a week following.

Yeah...

Good news, at least, my job is starting to find ways to relieve stress by making sure there's enough time for a shared close-out. Closing down after 5-8 hours of dumb people taking forever to order the most annoying things completely on your own kinda causes tons of stress.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:53:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: March 08, 2010, 07:06:53 pm »

For the last few days, something unusual has been happening, my lips have started to become chapped. Now, this probably only ever happened once before, and so this comes as quite a surprise. Now, my first reaction to any problem is to ignore it, and see if it goes away without needing to force the issue, and I do. However, my lips are determined to become drier and drier, and it becomes unbearable eventually, when I wake up on the third day since the beginning of this problem and my lips have become so dry that they've changed color, painfully crack when I move them, and little chunks are falling off. WHY they're doing this now and never before is beyond me.

You may be dehydrated.  Try drinking more water.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 8167